Evening Star - Refit

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone.

The story continues....... Been a little quiet recently, preasures of work, and a holiday...... Herbert woods finally lifted Evening Star last week for a Bow thruster install and a hull repaint, The Hull is going to be "Tru Blue" (Dark navy blue) witha red antifoul. We are also taking this opertunity to have a few cosmetic external improvments such as replace a couple of damaged (Bridge damage) hand rails (damaged when we brought her!) and a couple of minor gel coat repairs. We have also had a pushpit rail made by the good folk at "Marine Weld".

cheers!

Andy

post-750-136713910298_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713910308_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713910621_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713910636_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713910648_thumb.jpg

She will look a million dollars when painted, I love that colour on hulls just dont scratch it as it shows up worse than on a white hull.

Marine Weld in North Walsham are preaty good value, they have made things for some of my customers and i have been surprised at how good the bill was. :dance

Also i hope you weighed in the old batteries as you would be loking at about £10 each of the price of you new ones, every little helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jonny, Have moored with woods now for four years and the yard is consistently getting upgraded. The new build scheme seems to be never ending, Firstly there was a third supreme light, then 2 Superior lights, then 2 Olympic Lights, Then Royale Light, and now these 2!

I have always been impressed with the stadard of work turned out by HW and there seems to be an increase in the level of work being carried out on private craft this summer. I am so please with what they are doing at the moment, I cant wait to get her back out on the river! If all goes according to plan she'll be back in on Friday.....

cheers!

Andy

Hi Everyone,

When we purchased our boat in 2009 we were offered the choice of either "Twilight 1" or "Twilight 2" as both were for sale. When viewing both craft it was always on the cards that we would refit the interior of the boat and so, the internal condition was not as important to us as the external. Both boats were built by Harbour Crusiers and pretty much identical inside. Taking the time to look over them, "Twilight 2" was definately the better of the two, but of course after many years service as a hire crusier, she has sustained a few marks and scrapes along the way. Most noticeable was the bridge impact damage hi lighted in the first photo, this included some rather badly filled gel coat and a severly buckled hand rail, with many stress cracks around the window frames.

When we had "ES" taken out of the water for the hull repaint and bow thruster, I met with the guy who would be doing the job at Herbert Woods and asked him if there was anything that could be done to improve the cosmetic apperance of the gel coat? I suggested maybe filling rubbing down and locally painting, He says to "Leave it to me" so I took His advice. Today I have been up to potter Heigham to have a look over "ES" before she is re floated this week. I just have to show you all the wonders that can be achieved by those in the "know". I find it difficult to hand over jobs like these to others when I have the skills to do-it-myself, but I can honestly say that I am damn glad that on this occasion I did! What a fantastic result!

While the pushpit was being made I ordered an new hand rail to replace the damaged one, but the work that has been carried out by the guys at "HW" is nothing short of fantastic. They have surpassed my expectations by miles, and I am a firm believer in credit where credit's due. I am amazed by this repair and have spent a while closely looking for the tell tail signs, but even under flourecent light, I cant find any.

Extremely impressed, and cant wait to get her back out on the river. If anyone is going to be on the upper bure next weekend and see us out, please say hello.....

cheers!

Andy

post-750-136713929755_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713929769_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713929778_thumb.jpg

post-750-136713930093_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

Well, this is a very exciting day! I called Herbert Woods yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and confirmed that "Evening Star" was back in the water, and ready for our weekend cruise. So off to bed now for a good nights sleep, ready fro the drive up Friday lunchtime. Potter Heigham Here we come!

cheers!

Andy