• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Koolwabbit

Wroxham Webcam

Hi all, I love watching brink crafts Web Cam. Always wondered about the "gin palace" moored along the mainstream just before bridge. Must be an accident black-spot as have just counted the amount of fenders on the starboard side. 12 ?

Nigel

Most  boats will be worse off if they hit it.Its a Pedro which is metal.Still I would not moor there.

• Haha 1

I'd show you a pic of him been hit a few week ago but I'd get modded again. It's not as wide as it looks on the camera and more of a bend.

Never seems to go anywhere either, but do notice the curtains open sometimes and closed others....

The boat is not a 'Gin Palace' by any stretch of the imagination.

It's a  Stevens 1140 built about 1999 and yes it's a steely.

Most boats hitting it would come worse! They are nice everyday

folks like most of us and would be horrified to think that people

look at it as a  'Gin Palace'. They moor there for the view so hence

the amount of fenders.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A gin palace compared to my valacrity 650 lol. My point of the thread was actually the amount of fenders. What is a minimum  amount one should have on your vessel ? At the moment I have 3 per side and 1 on each stern corner.

Nigel 

I suppose the view towards Horning is ok, but out the starboard side you've got a rusty workboat and a patch of scrubland!

there was someone wandering around inside her this morning

I can get Barnes webcam on my iPad, but not on my tv, anyone know how to ?

tv is a 65' Hisence smart

all comments welcome, thank you

Just looked at the website for the Heisence M3000 spec ( don't know what model you have ) but it does list it as having a web browser.

another option would be to mirror your iPad on tv by using a hdmi adaptor & lead  (we do this on a boat for movies) or a more expensive option is an Apple TV box

Mission accomplished !

to do it I'm afraid I had to break Mans golden rule.......... I read the instruction manual 

IMG_2936.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What is a minimum  amount one should have on your vessel ? At the moment I have 3 per side and 1 on each stern corner.

This is really personal preference - most people would just have the number of fenders that there are eyes for then a couple of spare for those 'just in case moments'.

Of course some craft don't have fender eyes so the answer is what you feel is adequate to protect your boat. It does seem on the Broads though more is better.

I think if I moored opposite a particular popular mooring with new boaters (like Barnes Brinkcraft) my way to afford extra protection from wayward first timers is to use fender boards - which spread the protection afforded by fenders along the hull. See image:

Fender Board.png

" I read the instruction manual "

I've renamed that to " When all else fails book "

Just tried on 5 year Sony and no joy but i have hdmi from laptop on extended screen .

Thought I'd try going via BB web page as well. But I have webcam on 'Edge' browers only thing it's good for.