Fenders.

Andrewcook

Fairline vs Princess is an old tale. The move on more modern craft from Princess to a stern galley has really made a difference to the cost entertainment feel of the saloon. All I need is a couple of million pounds. The new Volvo drive system is great too. Fairline I think need to buck their ideas up a bit to get my lottery money. 

Could always get the new small Bavarian with built in coffee machine lol 

Do we we know who bought Fairline after their difficulties?

M

After all her years in Norfolk and cosseted in a wet shed I think the mid summer Med. Sun would probably do your pride and joy no good at all Griff. 

All of us once waved goodbye to an immaculate 1950s varnished Laurent Giles design. When she returned to Chichester 2 years later having "done the Med"  she was a wreck and had been painted, all her brightwork gone. 

Dont be fooled by Classic Boat magazine in articles about St Tropez. Those wooden lovelies are cared for night and day at huge expense for their owners. For us of more normal means the Med takes no wooden boat prisoners.

Even in this country I have see a boat with a dark painted hull open up on it's port side which faced south when moored, whilst the starboard side remained as tight as a drum.