A Great Idea For A New Programme L

Last night a new series of the Apprentice  started.Just finished  Astronauts do you have what it takes.Lets mixes them up.Send a group of so called business leaders into space and let them set up a brace there.The group last night had a problem  making and marketing burgers.I surpose more room would have to be make up and hair gel.

I think the Apprentices could learn from Watching the Astronauts how to problem solve,work as a group etc.many of those trying to get there hands on 250k,are far from be allowed to manage  themselves let alone run a business. 

Ian 

• Like 1

Most of them seemed to earn near that amount so it not about the money I think it's about 15mins of fame.  I think the program makers choose the people who they know will grate on people because that makes good television.

i really enjoyed the astronauts program, it's a shame the winner does not get the chance to go to space but only to enter the selection process.

Your right there's always  one that spin the same line "everything  I toach turns to gold" "I am a money  making  machine "etc.You know they have as much chance winning as I have of me getting a world  record in the long jump.It makes good tv.Some of last year's group  appeared on other programmes. 

I watched lastnights apprentice and cant say I was that impressed.

They all talk over each other, undermine each other back stab i think the format has had its day.

If someone run up to me in the street trying to flog me packs of burgers i think I would be quite alarmed. 

I like watching it,yet I don't  like watching it.Most of them are nuts.I would  not let them run a bath,Let alone  a business. That I think is the reason for the show.I have mentioned this before. The first series one of  the tasks was the group split in two.One making and selling pasta,the other group pizza.They were told to provide enough for 300 hundred people. The group making pizza did so in my old kitchen  (event catering).We did events from 50 to 1000 plus people. They ordered  300 pound in weight of for 300 pizzas .The cheh pointef out that's  1 pound per pizza. They could not get there head round that.When they went back to the board room,Sugar ripped them apart. 

• Like 1

I've got an idea for an 'Apprentice' type programme. Set up a manufacturing unit and then employ some experienced workers to teach a load of school leavers the basics about designing, prototyping, manufacturing, operating and maintaining the plant and machinery used in the operation and then at the end of the series give them all a qualification if they pass the exam with a job at the end of it. Film the whole thing and then run several series where year on year they expand the products and the business?

Can you tell I don't watch TV?

• Haha 1

Tim

Can only see one flaw in your project. they would only be able to film 4 days a week. As the little darlings would be off on day release for one day.

But saying that they would get a great Edication like wot I got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see a programme like the sometimes do in america , job swap, i'd like to see one of the footballers do a swap with my hubby at enthovens (the lead plant ) they would'nt last two minutes in that heat next to a blast furnace on nights & on his wages too .

• Like 2