How To Go Under Wroxham Bridge After The Pilot Goes Home

DAVIDH

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Think it could be a shade over four years too late to report it now. Although not sure that highlighting anything that may encourage other idiots to try the same is a good idea either.

3 hours ago, KingfishersTime said:

Think it could be a shade over four years too late to report it now. Although not sure that highlighting anything that may encourage other idiots to try the same is a good idea either.

What makes you say that, I assume it's something you've seen before?

25 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Do tell why post something that is four years old.  What is the point.

I am guessing he thought it interesting? There's plenty of older stuff that gets posted on here?

not condoning their actions, but at least they seemed to go through really slowly and had spotters on the sides and stern. If your going to break the rules, at least do it  sensibly:default_beerchug:

and he didn't try and go backwards!!:default_icon_bowdown: 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

I am guessing he thought it interesting? There's plenty of older stuff that gets posted on here?

not condoning their actions, but at least they seemed to go through really slowly and had spotters on the sides and stern. If your going to break the rules, at least do it  sensibly:default_beerchug:

and he didn't try and go backwards!!:default_icon_bowdown: 

Or at speed

11 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

It is insisted on as a condition of hire - certainly by Richardsons. I imagine that if you went through without a pilot and did damage, you would not be insured for it.

So a bit like life really: sometimes you are responsible for your actions and decisions.

If that video dissuades just one crew from taking an unnecessary risk in going under a difficult bridge then so be it. However, it is a sad fact of life that many of us, me included, often view the mistakes of others as valid entertainment but in this case there is a serious message, that there is a mandatory pilot there for good reason.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
3 hours ago, Wyndham said:

Scrap that, just found it :default_icon_redface:

Yep, as you've now spotted this was posted on YouTube over four years ago. Strange how old videos suddenly start doing the rounds again. With the amount of video cameras around, someday all our actions will come back to haunt us again.

Now't wrong with old videos, the bouncing lady in this one provides classic amusement, cracks me up every time! Would you see a bouncing man in the same situation? Errrrr, yes!

What about the ending??!!
Are they still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1