Tv Last Night (29/12/17)

LizG

Shirley Eaton, both pretty and a lovely person, nearly caused me to go blind. Shirley went out with my brother several times, indeed she seemed very keen on him. Comes home after several dates and says he'd dumped her. Both my father & I were absolutely gob-smacked, the silly pratt!

Peggy looks a lot taller than I remember her.

Yes, it's also in black & white on my computer, perhaps Jayfire & I are both using Talk-Talk.

59 minutes ago, Regulo said:

She frightened me when I watched her in The Larkins on TV!! Well, I was only 7!!

She frightens me and I'm 30 :default_hiding:

Seriously, what a delightful little film. Jay I think you'll find it's a black and white movie :default_norty:

I love old films, my man got me a colour version of It's a Wonderful Life on DVD, wasn't James Stewart just brilliant and so easy to watch. I remember watching a western with him in it, he had loads of Sons I think and can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Loved watching that one with my Dad

Grace

44 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Yes, it's also in black & white on my computer, perhaps Jayfire & I are both using Talk-Talk.

Did people Intentionally make films without colour in the 50's then JM?

:default_biggrin:

Seriously though I apologise for taking the thread down a daft path

14 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Did people Intentionally make films without colour in the 50's then JM?

:default_biggrin:

Seriously though I apologise for taking the thread down a daft path

It seems your wit has fallen on deaf ears Jayfire! Never mind, I understood it. Maybe we have the same warped sense of humour!  :default_smile:

8 minutes ago, vanessan said:

It seems your wit has fallen on deaf ears Jayfire! Never mind, I understood it. Maybe we have the same warped sense of humour!  :default_smile:

Thank you Vanessan, I am glad someone did :default_biggrin:

17 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Shirley Eaton, both pretty and a lovely person, nearly caused me to go blind. Shirley went out with my brother several times, indeed she seemed very keen on him. Comes home after several dates and says he'd dumped her. Both my father & I were absolutely gob-smacked, the silly pratt!

Peggy looks a lot taller than I remember her.

Gosh, if your brother had looked after her she might not have got mixed up with that Goldfinger chappie! 

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

Gosh, if your brother had looked after her she might not have got mixed up with that Goldfinger chappie! 

It was back in the 1950's. Other than those dreamy 'come to bed eyes' I really don't remember much about her or how my brother met her, he was doing his national service at the time, a cook in the RAF. Mind you, unlike his younger brother, he was a good looking fellow!

• Like 2