Bridgestones Potter Heigham

vanessan

I have read a lot of good things about Bridgestones at Potter and have finally been able to sample it for myself. Visited Potter by car on Sunday and decided to rehydrate so ended up in Bridgestones about 12.30pm. As you would expect for an August Sunday, Potter was heaving but with the turnover in the cafe it looks as if you can usually get a table quite easily. I was surprised at the number of tables there are anyway. It has a good, varied menu and the food was well presented and very tasty. Service was quite quick bearing in mind the number of diners and the staff, although very busy and very hot, were all brilliant and friendly. The air conditioning was an absolute boon with the outside temperature around 30 degrees! We enjoyed the experience so much we returned again late yesterday afternoon for another bash (and another cooling off) and I have no hesitation in recommending it. Potter has certainly benefited from Bridgestones. 

I haven’t seen much about Norada yet, what used to be the Broadshaven. Looking at it from the outside, it is not exactly inviting. Anyone experienced it yet? I know you should never judge a book by its cover! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Have you tried their homemade cakes? They are to die for, the only trouble is...a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips :default_biggrin:

Been in there a couple of times and never been disappointed

Jay was in Norada yesterday, I'm sure he will be along soon to answer your question

Grace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

I haven’t seen much about Norada yet, what used to be the Broadshaven. Looking at it from the outside, it is not exactly inviting. Anyone experienced it yet? I know you should never judge a book by its cover! 

I was in the Norada yesterday. It is obviously still a work in progress but I enjoyed it.

Most of the staff were pleasant, especially the lady landlord (or his partner) and the food at least looked quite good from what I could make out.

Lots of children enjoying the new playground, it does seem a little dark inside with curtains covering the windows of the unfinished areas but I'm sure it will only get better as work continues, but for the time being it seems good whilst work is on going.

Bridgestones - absolute must visit and as Grace says - cakes to die for. No point in recommending them anyway as you will not get past the display case without ordering one. Norada I have visited twice. I want it to do well and the chap that runs it has great ideas for a roof terrace which would have great views of the river. The food was OK to good without being spectacular. The only thing I  have  against it is the blackness of it all. It's black outside and when you go inside it is all black - you feel as though you have one of those travelling eye-masks on until your eyes adjust to the lack of light.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Have you tried their homemade cakes? They are to die for, the only trouble is...a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips :default_biggrin:

They are absolutely stunning. Fortunately I can admire without partaking as I am more of a savoury person (take that as you will). I am known for being partial to a really good chocolate cake however but often find that something that looks special is actually quite bland. Rather disappointing sometimes as tea room or cafe cakes are not normally cheap!

This is one place that I would thoroughly recommend. We have had fish and chips, scones and cakes in there ... on three separate visits I might add. Everything was very well presented, absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. My go-to place if ever I'm in Potter Heigham ... and I would even go to Potter Heigham especially to go to Bridge Stones. :)

Bridge Stones.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SwanR said:

and I would even go to Potter Heigham especially to go to Bridge Stones. :)

which is exactly what we did yesterday, on returning from a trip to Cromer where everybody seemed to have a box of fish and chips! I doubt if any of them compared to Bridgestones though. 

(It’s odd isn’t it - the signs outside clearly say Bridge Stones and I think the menus do too. Some of the other references around though are for Bridgestones. Matters not, it’s the recommendations that count. :default_eusa_dance:)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vanessan said:

on returning from a trip to Cromer where everybody seemed to have a box of fish and chips! I doubt if any of them compared to Bridgestones though.

You really should have tried the 'fish & chips' at "Mary Janes" while you were in Cromer. One of the best in Norfolk, in my opinion... :15_yum:

2579721_f0baaad1.jpg

No1 Cromer is my favourite. A few weeks ago I had Hake and Chips and when finished the plate was dry, no grease, that is how I like them. Personally I only eat my F&C out of main season, the shops get too busy. Other good ones are The Village Chippy at the side of the Manor Hotel, Mundesley, a very definitely out of season and the Three Cottages opp. Sainsburys North Walsham, always very good but you need to book early otherwise very long wait

19 hours ago, SwanR said:

This is one place that I would thoroughly recommend. We have had fish and chips, scones and cakes in there ... on three separate visits I might add. Everything was very well presented, absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. My go-to place if ever I'm in Potter Heigham ... and I would even go to Potter Heigham especially to go to Bridge Stones. :)

Bridge Stones.jpg

That is great to see and seems like good news.

We always loved Potter Heigham Bridge in our early days of Broads holidays and loved Latham's. In recent years however we have actually avoided it as it was sad watching it fall into disrepair with Latham's seeming to be going down hill. If I remember correctly I said "Not returning to that dump again"

We will call in in 5 weeks time and sample the fare but definitely not anything from the burger van in the car park if it is still there.

• Like 1