My Accident!

johnb

Thank you everyone for your interest and support. My operation took  place this morning and lasted two hours. There were no complications apart from my lungs being reluctant to breathe in  deeply enough when asleep. I am now back in the ward. If all continues to go well one of our sons will  collect me from hospital Friday afternoon so I can be at the wedding Saturday.  Thanks again one and all. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just an update. Managed to leave hospital 4.30 Friday afternoon. Travelled home to essex. Attended wedding in south London Saturday (was all day event more or less). Tried to upstage bride and groom by being in wheelchair-must be at the front/first/everyone move out of the way I've only just got this thing, think I came close 3rd. Anyway home last night and good nights sleep, I would say there is still no pain, just a little discomfort every now and again so that's great. Had promised myself a visit to the Yarmouth maritime festival next weekend as we had never been able to go before, then there's Independance needing a hand, but I guess  it will be a normal weekend at home helping my wife by supervising her work and making her more efficient. 6 weeks non load bearing on left leg is going to do our marriage so much good! Thanks for all the good wishes we had a great day  yesterday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Glad to hear you made it to the wedding,hope your feeling better.Many years ago at a pals wedding his father had a back problem and went to the church in the back of a van being carried on a door .Would not happen now days ? But like you he  was determined to make the day.Best wishes.

• Thanks 1