Richardson 2019

Broads01

I received my Richardsons brochure this week having requested it online. In the past I've received one automatically as a customer but not this time. However not everybody wants a brochure so making it request-only seems a logical step. It's a superb brochure - not only the boat detail but also in terms of the number of pages devoted to selling the Broads as a holiday destination and providing guidance on handling a boat. There's also coverage of Richardsons' holiday park destinations. In the light of the discussion about the demise of Hoseasons brochure it's good to see Richardsons still very much keeping their brochure on. 

Regarding the fleet there are no new designs included but two more Commanders for next year. I haven't done a boat by boat comparison to 2018 (I'm almost that geeky but not quite) but I did spot Crown Gem has gone. All the other older two berths are still there, however, including Mermaid, Serene Gem and Tropical Gem. The usual set of Horizons and Bountys remains - long live budget boating. 

• Like 4

I agree about only sending brochures out to those who request them. I was going through some papers on my desk the other day and uncovered a very glossy Barnes Brinkcraft 2019 brochure that we had been sent ... I think it was 2019 unless the papers on my desk had really been sitting there for longer than I care to admit!! But the point is that I didn't need it and it went in the recycling ... how many others go the same way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stranger said:

heres a tale  im told Richardsons at Wroxham are hiring day boats on Christmas Day  derrrrr???

That popped up on Facebook yesterday. A clever bit of typesetting reads 'Christmas-day boat hire-Wroxham.....' Once you click on the link you twig they don't actually mean Christmas Day.