• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

dnks34

Beccles Bypass Bridge

I cannot say Normal for Norfolk because it is Suffolk.     

20 hours ago, vanessan said:

“lost all there belongings”

Did an EDP reporter really write those words?!! :default_sad:

It’s a very sad incident, how many is that in last couple of months? I am fairly sure that these unfortunate owners would most likely only have third party insurance, and only that because they are required to. As others have said, it would be good to try and find out more facts so we can decide if crowd-funding is appropriate. 

Yes they obviously were not taught English correctly. It should read:-   Their belongings not there.   I blame all this texting speak.      The English language should be preserved.

34 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Yes they obviously were not taught English correctly. It should read:-   "Their belongings" not "there".   I blame all this texting speak.      The English language should be preserved.

Corrected for you.:default_biggrin:

31 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Yes they obviously were not taught English correctly. It should read:-   Their belongings not there.   I blame all this texting speak.      The English language should be preserved.

It should, but I fear we are rapidly losing it. Grammar, punctuation and spelling doesn’t seem very important any more. I wonder if other nationalities have the same problem, it would be good to know.

That it is an appallingly badly written article aside, the picture clearly shows a boat on fire from stem to stern. There might be some life left in the hull but I rather fear that she's an obvious write-off thus little that we can do as a community.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I rather fear that she's an obvious write-off

No doubt about that! Seacrete is no good after a fire either, as it cracks in the high temperature. I rather doubt anyone will ever know what caused that one.

• Like 1