A Broads Authority Positive!

JennyMorgan

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Might not be at the beginning of April - the kit is still working on Hickling methinks!

The article does say that the work will begin between April and the end of July. Looks like it is not scheduled to be finished until the end of October. Somewhat of a moveable feast methinks but good news nevertheless. (Maybe they could surreptitiously create some decent mooring banks while they are about it?!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

The article does say that the work will begin between April and the end of July. Looks like it is not scheduled to be finished until the end of October. Somewhat of a moveable feast methinks but good news nevertheless. (Maybe they could surreptitiously create some decent mooring banks while they are about it?!) 

Fingers crossed. I actually have some faith in the Waveney Rangers,  good people.

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Seeing as the dredging programme has to be organised at least a year in advance, could you let me me know, in advance, what they are trying to divert our attention from for 2020??

Doubling of the toll to pay for the Acle Debacle by any chance? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marshman said:

Seeing as the dredging programme has to be organised at least a year in advance, could you let me me know, in advance, what they are trying to divert our attention from for 2020??

The conspiracy theorists are never far away....!!

Where did I mention in advance? 

You know as well as I do what I meant your are just trying to discredit my post.

The BA come in for some bad press only for them to redress the balance (in another paper) about how good a job they are doing “dredging” which as Aboatime mentions is their job and they should be getting on with it!

No conspiracy just basic PR?!

• Like 2

No doubt that the BA needs some good PR, there has been some pretty alarming reading in the EDP (local rag) of late. JP has managed to upset a good few good folk recently, bless him! However, even I don't see anything sinister in the Waveney dredging.

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

No doubt that the BA needs some good PR, there has been some pretty alarming reading in the EDP (local rag) of late. JP has managed to upset a good few good folk recently, bless him! However, even I don't see anything sinister in the Waveney dredging.

At least it should be clear of debris for the swimmers.......(whoops just slipped out!!!) 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/acle-bridge-visitor-centre-costs-soar-1-5930029

From the EDP 

Apologies if it's been posted before 

Not seen that before. Thanks for posting it NN. IMHO this Acle thing needs to be knocked on the head before it gets any more out of hand. Costs are bound to rise even further and I can see funds from the nav account being used to top up the budget on the basis a few moorings will be provided and possibly a water point. A debAcle it certainly is. 

• Like 2

I believe I pointed out at the time of the competition that the BA / council didnt own all of the land they had shown as available for the project, plus if the parking is on site it doesnt surprise me that they would need a lot of visitors as there is barely room to park a couple of coaches on site.

• Like 2

What part of the Authority's remit covers spending 1 million plus on educating people on Global Warming, sorry,  climate change. That is a function of Government.
Pick your outside,  " independent " planner carefully and you can guarantee the right result.