Loddon Staithe

27 minutes ago, VetChugger said:

Having read the Loddon PC minutes, it seems a "Boatyard Owner" is wanting to manage the Staithe at Loddon. Anyone know which one?

If they were looking to manage Pye`s Mill, i`d hazard a guess at John from Maffetts, they`re less than 50 yds away on the north side, so 5 mins in a rowing boat and they`ll be there.  If it`s the town staithe, i`d hazard a guess at Greenaways Marine, as again, it`s a 5-10 minute walk. Although, with the gate directly there, the obvious choice would be the former Aston yard.

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

I would have thought it more likely to be Loddon Marina next door, but I am guessing.

I remember when that place was full of Aston boats, and was kept immaculate, but i have to admit, it looks a bit shabby now with the sheds looking like they`re going to collapse at any minute with all that growth over them, so if it IS them, a sincerely hope they keep the place clean and tidy?. 

I also hope they ensure the place is kept free of liveaboards and overstayers?.

17 hours ago, VetChugger said:

Having read the Loddon PC minutes, it seems a "Boatyard Owner" is wanting to manage the Staithe at Loddon. Anyone know which one?

The report says its the Boatyard Manager (rather than the Boatyard, ex Aston) that wants to manage the Staithe as it queries what would happen if he left, presumably he is freelance rather than employed hence South Norfolk District Council who own the Staithe  being nervous.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bytheriver said:

The report says its the Boatyard Manager (rather than the Boatyard, ex Aston) that wants to manage the Staithe as it queries what would happen if he left, presumably he is freelance rather than employed hence South Norfolk District Council who own the Staithe  being nervous.  

Not the only ones who are nervous!

• Like 2