Crew Needed

That's a good initiative Steve and something I've thought about.
Now I'm not rich and pretty much give up everything else to own a boat but I often find myself thinking how lucky I am to have one and wouldn't it be great to share it with some others who are a little less fortunate.
Take some people out for the day or  an overnight stay somewhere, they could choose the itinerary. I'd do that to give pleasure to others.
Now the but......what has stopped me so far, complete strangers on my boat, not that I mind strangers and will happily chat to anyone. For one it is the toilet hygiene. I'm sure everyone can relate to this. I have entered the marina toilets (in fact any public toilets) and been disgusted that anyone can leave them, shall we say, untidy. I just can't understand how anyone would expect someone else to tidy up after their visit to Trap 1, but they do. If they are that disrespectful what else will they disrespect.
That's what has stopped me doing it. If I could guarantee respectful people  I'd do it, however, I'm not sure it's possible.

I can totally understand your concerns and apprehension regarding strangers sharing your boat

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

I used to skipper charter yachts on the South Coast. Every week would see another crew of strangers, often their first time afloat. In honesty problems were relatively rare, most folk content to be lead, e.g. being told what to do. Perhaps a case of when in Rome do as the Romans do, share and share alike.