Private Mooring

Steve2604

I have just purchased a 17ft CJR boat and looking for somewhere to keep it on the Northern Rivers. Im not to fussy as it is basically a day boat. I have been told Ranworth Island is around £35 per foot. I was going to contact Whispering Reeds at Hickling. Just need something cheap & cheerful

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I also seem to think someone at acle was saying they had moorings for boats up to 23 foot available (that may have been over on the facebook group pages)

There is definitely space at Acle Dyke for your size boat, you'll need to speak to Russell Marine at South Walsham.

Paul

Horning Sailing club have moorings available, they are across the river, but there are a couple of club rowing dinghies  always available.

Even with having to be a member, it's vastly cheaper than a normal mooring, and you get the use of the club, car park, showers / toilets and water.

if you look at this front page there is the email address,

https://horning-sailing.club/

You also get the chance to join in any social events if you should wish..

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

Would I be correct to assume that mooring fees are pretty standard across the broads ?

I just wondered about the views of experienced boat owners as I am just starting out with a 20ft model.

I guess standard of facility and services count towards value assessments.

Let me know.

Thanks

Alan 

Hi

I had a 20ft last year which I kept at Coltishaw. I think I was paying around £550 for 12 months but there were no facilities but it was more than sufficient for what I needed. I belive that if you were looking at somewhere more central like Ranworth or Horning then you could easily be looking at double that figure.