Grand National

addicted

Grand national  day today and inevitably one's thoughts turn to the late great Red Rum. When that wonderful horse retired he  used to make celebrity appearances and I am reminded of an incident during the 1970s when he was the celebrity appearing at a town carnival that was organised by an old friend of mine who did an enormous amount of work for charity,  As she also had stables at her home Red Rum also boarded with her for the duration  and a lovely photograph of her toddler grandson up on his back was taken.|Ironically it wasn't this grandchild of hers that went on to achieve greatness while on a horse - it was her granddaughter a certain Charlotte du Jardine.

Carole

Can't beat that,but when Nicola and Alan were young they both rode.We went twice to the stables at Newbury  Berkshire

They would do a open day at Easter.You could go round at meet the trainers and horses.Remember Mike Channon introduced us to his horses.awe were allowed to treat the horses.It was always a great day out.Not sure if they still do it.If so can highly recommend it  if you like horses.

• Like 1

I told you my horse never finishes. "Warriors Tale" at 66/1.  I put a tenner on it to place, so if it had won, i would have come away with £409.  But it never finished, so i got bugger all.

Karen on the other hand did well, she backed the winner with a tenner to win. She came away with about £60.

• Haha 1

My mates Mrs won a grand on the National today.

Couldn't stand her before today, but the beers are on her right now so.......she is ok.

Until tomorrow :default_drinks: