Sad Sight

Kron

9 hours ago, Islander said:

I do know who owns it and they are intending to recover but when ???

If anyone lets a woody to get in this state to sink, I doubt very much they have any good intention to re float it. I reckon this will end up being a job for the authorities to get rid of it.

10 hours ago, Islander said:

That boat is on the south side of Thorpe island. It was a very pretty little woody. A Colvic as far as I know. I do know who owns it and they are intending to recover but when ??? 

Colin :default_winko:

If it`s a Colvic, it will be a GRP hull, so gut it and build a new top and interior. Would it be financially viable though?.

• Like 1

I speedy. I'm pretty sure she was listed as a Colvic but I can't find my photo with the reg on. She is def a woody and rare for the broads, more likely to be seen on the Essex rivers but without the aft cabin.

Anyone passing that way today should be able to read the reg.

Lets hope they get her up soon.

Colin :default_winko:

2 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

I wonder if the black and yellow tape is an attempt to stop anyone from using the mooring.

After all it would seriously effect the view on a lovely peaceful stretch of water !!!

Jeff

No - the tape was put there by the BA back in May. My understanding is that the whole of that side of the moorings is ‘tilting’. Needs a fair sum spent on it to put it right. No doubt the BA will confirm. 

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

No - the tape was put there by the BA back in May. My understanding is that the whole of that side of the moorings is ‘tilting’. Needs a fair sum spent on it to put it right. No doubt the BA will confirm. 

May be an opportunity to widen the mooring.

8 hours ago, webntweb said:

May be an opportunity to widen the mooring.

That would be good. I do wonder if it is better with one side unusable though. All too often most of the cut is inaccessible because one boat moored either side of the entrance blocks off the rest of it. 

4 hours ago, vanessan said:

That would be good. I do wonder if it is better with one side unusable though. All too often most of the cut is inaccessible because one boat moored either side of the entrance blocks off the rest of it. 

That's what I was thinking. If it was wide enough boats could get to and from the end of the moorings.

Although what you suggest may possibly be a better idea. If the bank on the right (looking downstream) was made no mooring and on the bank on the left extend the length of the moorings downstream.