I Have Too Much Holiday Left And I Need To To Use Some Up

DJB

I was thinking about hiring a boat for the week in November.

Do any of the yards hire out in this period? As far as I can tell from their online booking only Ferry Marina appear to be open for business.

To avoid really bad weather I don't want to book until the last minute.

• Like 1

Waiting to see what the weather does could be very wise, if you're able to book leave at short notice. Do you have far to travel to Norfolk?

If you look at some of the boats on Norfolk Broads Direct, whilst you don't seem to be able to book online, there is an indication of prices for the whole year. Probably would need to phone to book.

10 minutes ago, DJB said:

According to Freedom's website I'd be limited to the southern broads from 1st Nov to 31st March. Herbert Woods website doesn't let you select dates in November.

Ring them.

They are one of the few yards that hire put in February and November. 

Think it is only selected boats though. Not the whole fleet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwanR said:

Waiting to see what the weather does could be very wise, if you're able to book leave at short notice. Do you have far to travel to Norfolk?

If you look at some of the boats on Norfolk Broads Direct, whilst you don't seem to be able to book online, there is an indication of prices for the whole year. Probably would need to phone to book.

I live in Ipswich. It takes just one and a half hours door to door.

I'll be taking the week off regardless otherwise I'll lose it.

• Like 1

Ha, ha!  :default_beerchug:

Herbert Woods have no restrictions to cruising area any time of the year. Pricing good too, winter discounts avaiable. 

Bridgecraft are excellent - however any hire outside the season would be discretionary - I am known to them :default_norty:   give them a bell by all means. 

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hah! Still a bit baffled why they let me loose with their craft :default_norty:

Brilliant yard though, can't recommend them highly enough :91_thumbsup:

Exactly so Howard, i totally agree. We only hired from them twice, and both times they were brilliant. Boats are in excellent condition, despite some of them being rather mature in age. A really great family yard, and a really friendly welcome.

• Like 1