Half term run out

Hiya all

Anyone fancy a run out to sea over the half term holiday? :Stinky

I am not sure how likely it is that the weather would be favorable this time of year, maybe one of the experianced members could comment.

Not fussed where we go, a short hop to Southwold or maybe a bit further to Shotley or Ipswich, just would like to try the new girl so any jobs that are revealed can get done over the winter.

For us it would have to be the first part of the hols as we have commitments in the latter part of the week.

As a reminder half term is w/c 25th October (around this area anyway)

rgds

Wayne

Hi mate will greatly depend on my engine rebuild and run in period.

As for the weather will this do.

October starts on an unsettled note, but it will quickly settle down, and turn a lot more settled. Temperatures on or around the average at the start of October. By mid month, the dry and settled weather will still be very much in evidence, with some pleasant autumn sunshine. Temperatures again, around where they should be for the time of year. There will be no sign of any significant rainfall as October continues, so expect a dry end to the month with further spells of sunshine, and average values temperature wise. Particularly dry to the north and west, slightly less so to the south and east. Over all, a very dry month, with temperatures on the average.

We could arrange a mooring discout at Shotley if you decide to go that far, just let me know.

That sounds interesting we are off Saturday till Wednesday so will give that some thought. If not this time then perhaps at Whitsun when we are thinking of visiting Ipswich.

Jonathan

In fact Ipswich at Whitsun Anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Weather weather weather

Not only couldnt I get out on my two weeks off because of the wretched high winds and stormy seas, it mpw looks as if this weekend and into next week is turning into a complete basket case... Saturday was originally showing as a windy day calming into Sunday and Monday, but it now looks as if an occluded front is going to settle right on top of Norfolk at some point early sunday... and as for mondays forcast... thats had a considerable upgrade since yeasterday..... doh! Its not as if I can go anywhere as Im trapped between, the weather, bridges, and a fast approaching deadline to be away from here on another extended 'holiday' :?:-|:-|

Where has the summer gone? Did we actually have one???

Hi mate will greatly depend on my engine rebuild and run in period.

As for the weather will this do.

October starts on an unsettled note, but it will quickly settle down, and turn a lot more settled. Temperatures on or around the average at the start of October. By mid month, the dry and settled weather will still be very much in evidence, with some pleasant autumn sunshine.

Oh dear Jonathan, I think i recall mentioning a forfeit.........?? :lol::lol::lol:

We'll we've made it to Sunny Southwold :grin:

We held up in Hamiton (CrackerJack, Osprey and us) last night waiting for a weather window,spending the evening in the Red Rose Indian just a short walk from the marina.

This morning at 9.00 the boys took a walk up to view the sea state. The wind had lightened and the sea look nice and flat.Decision was taken to go and ETD of 11:30 was set.

Maybe we should have had another look before we set off as out of the harbour we were met with a fair swell. The boats were handling it well so we pushed on.

However the ladies were less than pleased and the boys were now in big trouble :o )

As we got out of the Stanford channel the sea settled down and the rest of the run was not too bad. As we arrived at Southwold we were met by a nice hailstorm and Gav and crew who had come out of Great Yarmouth

Now I have to get on the tinternet to book a nice meal for this evening to fully restore marital harmony :grin: