Alternative Views!

vanessan

Participating in Paul’s treasure hunt reminded me what fun google street view can be. If you need a bit of a Broads ‘fix’, have a ‘walk’ around the area and look at some of your favourite places from a different perspective. Being a street view, you won’t see loads of river views (Acle and Ludham bridges are good) but you will see what those villages etc really look like. 
When we book holiday cottages we always use street view to look at the location of the property and the possible dog walks, it has proved very useful in the past. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

I think they call it "Click bait"?

That's exactly what it is called , the question is why use it , after all click bait is designed to make people jump to conclusions .

Why not just title the thread " Google Earth" after all that is the subject , that saves unnecessary jumping to conclusions IMHO .

Regarding Google Earth yes it most certainly has its uses if peg person behaves , but you can't beat actually being there :default_beerchug:

Clickbait is primarily used to drive advertising revenue or for fraudulent purposes. It will also normally hyperlink to a completely different website. Don't think it comes even close to applying here.

Not the first time a thread has had an intriguing title and it won't be the last, but hopefully the forum police are not about to start deciding how accurate thread titles need to be! :default_rolleyes: Next there will be a call to stop Fred drift and then the forum really is doomed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, vanessan said:

Participating in Paul’s treasure hunt reminded me what fun google street view can be. If you need a bit of a Broads ‘fix’, have a ‘walk’ around the area and look at some of your favourite places from a different perspective. Being a street view, you won’t see loads of river views (Acle and Ludham bridges are good) but you will see what those villages etc really look like. 
When we book holiday cottages we always use street view to look at the location of the property and the possible dog walks, it has proved very useful in the past. 

Thank you Mrs V

I'll have a look later when Jay's at work 

Love the title by the way 

Jay and Grace x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vanessan said:

I do the same, using street view to check out walks and the occasional pub location around the country and stuff. It comes in very handy to check that walks to the pub are suitable in both distance and ground conditions for those that insist on wearing heels everywhere we go :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'll have a look later when Jay's at work 

You get really bored when I'm on nights don't you babe :default_biggrin:

You had better not be too engrossed in Google maps when I give you a ring from work, but aren't you supposed to be doing that work thing right now?

Oh silly me, of course not :default_rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GreenJack

I have to agree Vannesan that google maps is an awfully useful tool to have when looking around for walks and sights.

It also looks like Grace and Jay are very happy together and have lots of fun

Example I used on Sunday for my LEW which is on my local footpaths across the fields.  Planned a new route but noted on OS map it said ***** Cottages.  Since I trying to avoid as much housing as possible when walking I went onto Google maps to see if the cottages were on my route or not.  They were on a FP that joined my route so problem solved - new route was possible.  Yes agree invaluable but OS maps are equally still important.

Liz