Skanner 19 Sailing Boat For Sale

Hi

I appreciate that I am not a fan of Ebay either but they really are the only place to go for selling.

I would be open to offers and would could sell outside of Ebay if needed.

I have many more photos and info just ask.

I habevattached below an example of the history she comes with and a photo of when she was last out of the water and anit fouled March 201920200526_170151.jpeg20190320_112025.jpeg20190320_123627.jpeg

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Just a note on Ebay: if the bids get above the reserve price and you cancel the listing, Ebay will charge you commission on the basis that it sold at the price of the latest bid. They have got wise to the trick of getting people interested then trying to avoid the charges. They will also charge you if you give out any contact details through their messaging system.

I have always been a fan of the "Double-Ender" or canoe stern yacht. The whys and wherefores have raged for years but I do subscribe to the "Splits the seas" brigade. A well designed canoe stern, with plenty of buoyancy above the waterline allows the sea to pass under on a run with a following sea reducing greatly the chance of a broach. Imho. In the 70s I crewed on an eight tonne Hillyard and a Fisher and I really like them.

20200527_162000.thumb.jpg.e0516c5533f36e73ba043d6a70ce234a.jpg

Hi All

Could you share some feedback I have had about 50 messages on Ebay asking for a price and as you maybe aware I cant answer as I dont know.

I think now I would like at least £2500 would that be a reasonable start any thoughts would be good.

Thanks

Perry

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Just seen a Westerly Centaur with working engine for under £4k. Says it all about secondhand small sailing cruisers - sadly more available than buyers! That sets the price really!

Having said that, any boat will be worth what anyone will pay, and if someone wants a small Scanner, then it really depends on how much you want the money! Probably difficult to gauge the price - I would definitely get the engine running though! Without it - anyones guess to be honest - then you might be being a tad unrealistic. But don't listen to me - I am no expert!

Check this website - noted for being towards the bargain end of the market

https://www.andyseedhouseboats.co.uk/index.php

• Like 2

Andy Seedhouse yard is a must on a visit to Woodbridge! I could, and have spent hours in the yard and looking through his bits and bobs. Absolutely a wonderful place, the like of which you don't  see nowadays.

In normal times The Riverside Restaurant by the theatre is right on hand for lunch, which is very good indeed. I love the whole of the Woodbridge riverside/quay area. 

• Like 1

The maritime festival at Woodbridge is a delight, September I recall but it’s been a few years now since I last went. There were some lovely Hillyards and an Ernest Woods built boat, albeit designed by someone else, possibly Albert Strange but there was a Woods stamp on the build about the coach house and window style. 

May normal times and tides be with us again soon or at least by September, it’s my birthday and wedding anniversary, half century and decade respectively... a year to remember?

• Like 1

Essentially, it seems, that she's a non runner. Her transom and cockpit combing is not designed for an outboard. Knowing the boat a lot of her attraction is that she's an able motor sailor. An honest description from the seller but I suspect that £2,500.00 is a tad optimistic. As a runner I would have thought £3k plus a little was both fair and reasonable in the present market,  very much a buyer's market right now.

2 hours ago, marshman said:

I would definitely get the engine running though!

I agree with Marshman 100% plus on this one. Might be worth a call to these people, they do Yanma:

http://www.frenchmarine.com/

One problem with small cruisers is that the cost of marina moorings is out of all proportion to the cost of a boat. , especially old ones. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Andy Seedhouse yard is a must on a visit to Woodbridge! I could, and have spent hours in the yard and looking through his bits and bobs. Absolutely a wonderful place, the like of which you don't  see nowadays.

In normal times The Riverside Restaurant by the theatre is right on hand for lunch, which is very good indeed. I love the whole of the Woodbridge riverside/quay area. 

Sorry for adding to the thread drift but: I bought my first boat, a Seal 22 Sinbad from Andy. Great bloke, and his son will do anything to help too. There are great bargains to be had if you haggle politely and especially if you include storage into the deal. He's an old campaigner though so any sign of aggression and he'll tell you where to go.

Love Woodbridge. Favourite places: Riverside Restaurant as above, Adnams shop in the car park and Ye Olde Bell and Steelyard pub.

• Like 2

Ok back on topic. With big items there's always the possibility that the winner will not have viewed it before hand and may back out when they see it for the first time. It's why some people put, "you're bidding to buy not bidding to view" in the listing.

With a non running engine they are likely to win the auction, come and see if they can get it going, rub their chin and offer you less than the winning bid, hoping you'll just give in. JM is spot on; if you can get it running and edit the listing it may save you being messed about and get a better price.

My feedback rating is 597. I sold an electric guitar - collection only - for £10 and when asked the winner when he was coming over he said he couldn't because, "you live too far away". Yep, my fault because he lived in Southampton and I wrongly live in Leicestershire. I sold a Morris Minor - barn find, restoration project, non runner, no MOT - and this winner came back with, "I can't get a trailer". The time wasters usually have a very low feedback.

In an effort to be helpful I have spent a pleasant half an hour trawling Skanner 19 on Google. The original poster has an attractive boat for sale & in more normal times I suspect that she'd sell quite quickly and easily. Floydraser has highlighted the foibles  of E-Bay which I'm afraid are an unfortunate reality. 

That the seller has suggested that he'd convert to an outboard, I take that to mean that the present engine is knackered. It might not be but that is how I read it. I note that Yanmar sell an updated version of the original engine. I think that I'd update the E-Bay listing with the details and cost of fitting a replacement. The cost of an outboard and the structural alterations required might be more than a simple engine replacement. Not only that but judging by this picture an outboard installation takes up cockpit space and looks pretty awful! 

skanner-19-1987-for-sale-portland-united-kingdom-001.jpg