New Boat

colino

1 hour ago, Turnoar said:

Is it the trawler yacht?

If it is, then yes it does.  It used to be moored at Brundall and we passed it at Yarmouth Yacht Station about four weeks ago.  She’s called Souvenir.

34 minutes ago, Helian said:

Surprised it went under Vauxhall bridges. Anyone have an idea of its air draft?

Mine is 10'4" and I've not dared try Vauxhall!

Helian

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Our airdraft is 9 foot eight inches with everything down, we always plan our passage through Yarmouth aiming for 10 foot, clearance. Use the Broads Authority tide tables (the only one to give the height of the low water) to calculate the height of the bridges at low water. In our case we can get under the bridge if the height at low water is less than 0.15 of a metre.

A number of people will phone the Yacht Station.

I tip when coming down river into Yarmouth if you can see 7 rungs of the ladders out of the water at the start of the Yarmouth station moorings there is at least 10 foot clearance under the bridges.

Regards

Alan

Our airdraft is 9 foot eight inches with everything down, we always plan our passage through Yarmouth aiming for 10 foot, clearance. Use the Broads Authority tide tables (the only one to give the height of the low water) to calculate the height of the bridges at low water. In our case we can get under the bridge if the height at low water is less than 0.15 of a metre.
A number of people will phone the Yacht Station.
I tip when coming down river into Yarmouth if you can see 7 rungs of the ladders out of the water at the start of the Yarmouth station moorings there is at least 10 foot clearance under the bridges.
Regards
Alan
Many thanks. Guess I'd need 8 rungs (if there are 8), but we are south based.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1