Boat Safety Certificate Renewal.

The time has come for me to do the decent thing and make sure all who sail in her are safe. The Broads Authority have told me so. Good to know they keep good records and check up; they've sent me a reminder.

It's due in October and I have no fears but as I am a safety cert virgin I though I would check to make sure I'm going about it the right way:

To get it done within Brundall Gardens I will have to do it through them and the job will probably at my request, end up with Freshwater Marine.

What is the general procudure? Do they do a test and give so long to do any work as per a car MOT?

Of course I'll ask them soon but I thought I would chuck it out there for coments.

It's due when it's due so better to get it checked earlier, they used to be able to add your old time on (up to a year I believe) so nothing lost by early checking and leaving plenty of fixing time.

Retesting cost is probably up to the tester, often with little things they will just sort with you as they find them within reason so always good to be present for the test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

It's that time for me again, it appears BSS examiners are very busy at the moment, my old examiner has recently retired so i'm looking for recommendations for an examiner to do the boat in the Beccles area, any suggestions would be very welcome.