2nd Day

PaulMargaret

Guest Jayfire
5 minutes ago, SwanR said:

What she said!

Your posts are definitely not boring Jay. There have even been a few sensible ones recently. :default_xmas6:

Blooming hell, what could have happened to me Jean.....must be love eh :default_norty:

I'll ensure nonsense and garbage is restored shall I, can't be having any sensible posting :default_biggrin:

:default_xmas3:

4 minutes ago, KatieR said:

I agree Jean- I’m loving this Jay....:default_xmas6: :default_xmas2:

Wouldn't want to disappoint now would I, then again you surely loved me before too didnt you :default_biggrin:

:default_xmas2:

11 hours ago, doc said:

found womack staithe odd to reverse into but a sun trap once in

Welcome to the forum Doc. 

I like stern on moorings for ease of getting off the boat but they can be tricky depending on the kind of boat you’re on and the helm view. 

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
5 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Sadly we have all been there bags full of boxes of every size of split pins, insulations sleeves, shake proof washers and the like. I even bought a hardwood kidney shaped bench seat that I arranged to have collected by a carrier and dropped off at work ready for my return.

For a moment there I was concerned you were saying you'd been shopping Alan, but then noticed that your supplies were all on the "acceptable male" shopping list so I'll let you off :default_biggrin:

Other items on the list include

Tools

Bakery

Christmas Items 

Booooooze :default_norty:

4 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Other items on the list include

Tools

Bakery

Christmas Items 

Booooooze :default_norty:

Wrong surely? Shouldn’t the list be:

Tools

Christmas Items

Bakery

Christmas Items 

Booze

Christmas Items

Booze

Christmas Items 

Booze

etc etc etc

Guest Jayfire
1 minute ago, vanessan said:

Wrong surely? Shouldn’t the list be:

Tools

Christmas Items

Bakery

Christmas Items 

Booze

Christmas Items

Booze

Christmas Items 

Booze

etc etc etc

It wasn't an exhaustive list Mrs V, anyway did you mention Booze and Christmas? Can't see it.

You taking me shopping in Lathams then Mrs V??? I believe they also have an underwear and hosiery section :default_norty:

Guest Jayfire
4 minutes ago, KatieR said:

Oh Lordy....if you get anymore booze and Christmas items, you know the boat is defo gonna sink, don’t you????

:default_xmas6:

Must be all that gin and tonic y̶o̶u̶ my fellow moorers left on board after our party :default_biggrin:

We need to go shopping for my Christmas stuff yet, not even started yet :default_norty:

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I like stern on moorings for ease of getting off the boat but they can be tricky depending on the kind of boat you’re on and the helm view. 

I've found the most difficult mooring to stern moor into is my own mooring. The wind is always a right ruddy pain, blowing a gale across my bow every single time, it's so bad I have to open a beer every time just to calm my nerves :default_smiley-angelic002:

24 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

It wasn't an exhaustive list Mrs V, anyway did you mention Booze and Christmas? Can't see it.

You taking me shopping in Lathams then Mrs V??? I believe they also have an underwear and hosiery section :default_norty:

Let’s stick to booze and :default_xmas2: Cap’n, it’s safer! :default_norty:

9 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

it's so bad I have to open a beer every time just to calm my nerves 

Is that before or after you’ve moored up?

(Is yours the boat that can be seen on HW webcam? The one that’s always at an angle to all the others.........)

• Haha 1

Guest Jayfire
3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Let’s stick to booze and :default_xmas2: Cap’n, it’s safer! :default_norty:

:225_chicken::225_chicken::225_chicken::225_chicken::225_chicken:

Although I guess you're right. It looks like you've already got me in trouble now as it is :default_biggrin:

Guest Jayfire
3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Is that before or after you’ve moored up?

(Is yours the boat that can be seen on HW webcam? The one that’s always at an angle to all the others.........)

No. Mine can't be seen but it will be on the p*** :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

We need to go shopping for my Christmas stuff yet, not even started yet :default_norty:

I’m shocked! Even I, Mrs Grinch, got a Christmas item in La’Tharms last month. Okay, it was the only a dog toy, and I’m saving it for Christmas Day. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

Welcome to the forum Doc. 

mainly serene gem , not a clear view of the stern ,  for a stretch off the main river could be blown about a bit 

Guest Jayfire
7 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I’m shocked! Even I, Mrs Grinch, got a Christmas item in La’Tharms last month. Okay, it was the only a dog toy, and I’m saving it for Christmas Day. 

Sorry I worded that badly. I've started shopping, but not even started as in it's just the beginning....yeah I'm not wording this any better either am I :default_biggrin:

So its day 4 we tried womack Staithes this morning no room i was confident with so  went upto potter we are now moored opposite Herbert Woods boat yard for the day and night.

When do you know if you need a pump out 

Also tomorrow going to head towards Yarmouth but stay over somewhere near stokesby before tackling Yarmouth on day 6

This morning was difficult without sunglasses 🕶 

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
6 minutes ago, PaulMargaret said:

So its day 4 we tried womack Staithes this morning no room i was confident with so  went upto potter we are now moored opposite Herbert Woods boat yard for the day and night.

Good effort PaulMargaret. I thought Womack may have been busy and you do right, if you're not comfortable with a mooring spot just move on rather than stressing yourself out. There will be a spot later in your holiday I'm sure.

When do you know if you need a pump out 

It'll last a while...dependant on your usage of course :default_biggrin:

If you have no indicator for it's level then you'll see when it's reaching towards the top, I'm sure if you aim for around half way through your holiday you'll be fine.

Also tomorrow going to head towards Yarmouth but stay over somewhere near stokesby before tackling Yarmouth on day 6

Acle, Stokesby (lots of space on the farm moorings), and Stracey Arms are all nice spots. Are you stopping at Yarmouth or crossing Breydon? 

If stopping the guys at the yacht station will help, and shout over instructions if you need them, give them a call before you arrive and they will be ready for you.

The tide is at it's strongest there though so take care and ensure you moor AGAINST the tide

Have a great day