Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

What a beautiful morning. It was very frosty first thing though. 

I wholeheartedly agree, although I was up too late to see any frost!

11 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

River level seems pretty much the same as yesterday. 

Again, agreed. I don’t think it moved more than an inch at Potter Heigham. Quay heading was underwater when I arrived, when I left for a walk, when I returned from the walk, and when I’ve departed. 

As Kate has already reported on her 'Springer's Retreat' thread we met up at the Upton White Horse for lunch, and Kate walked with us as far as Acle afterwards.

We are now at Ranworth on the taxi rank, being the only boat here. It was almost dark by the time we got here, but still enough light to moor up by. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Extremely muddy along the first part of that lane, past the reedcutter’s storage barn. But it is a very lovely walk. Seren and Pozzick are enjoying a nosey round I see. 

Yes, they were having a good nosy. We l kept them on their leads the further end of the track where the fences are more flimsy. I could tell Pozzick could smell interesting scents and was wanting to go and explore. We saw a deer cross the lane this morning when we took the dogs out. 

Given the strength of the gusts I don't think we are being naughty staying at Ranworth a second night... particularly as it's just us here again. It's not like we are depriving anyone. A couple of boats turned up lunchtime but they only stayed an hour or two.

Before the light fell it looked like the wind was whipping up the odd wave and pushing them across the broad. 

PXL_20231113_161148256.thumb.jpg.5d2e34b792dd561d2e2c263538bd9a83.jpg

• Like 7

We left Ranworth just after dawn and went back to our home mooring. I'm now in Norwich having caught a mid morning train from Hoveton.

Treating myself to lunch in Shiki Japanese restaurant. I've ordered the Bento meal that comes with a mystery starter. This time it was a small piece of braised chicken with braised vegetables. Very tasty. 

PXL_20231114_120757225.thumb.jpg.149b0df200b7b55e8b41d0da390688a6.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

I only had rice left! I didn’t include in the photo the little bowl of Miso soup that you get with it either. The meal cost me £20, but that was including as bottle of Asahi beer. I think it’s good value. 

Thank you, I wanted to ask how much but thought it a bit rude. :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

Oops, I've not been keeping up. 

Yesterday we thought we'd have another try at getting in at Stokesby. It was a glorious morning, but the wind was certainly stronger than the 'moderate breeze' that the BBC weather app was forecasting. Just after passing Acle dyke we decided that Stokesby would probably be fairly choppy, with lots of bow slap, so we turned around and headed back to Ranworth.

PXL_20231115_112006496.thumb.jpg.d40abfaa8e50785809c3c419c9659e6b.jpg

There wasn't a lot of space in Ranworth as three boats were all moored side on. We moored on the shorter section beyond the dinghy dyke. After a while the boat moored on the side section turned on their ropes to moor against the taxi rank, which was good as three other boats turned up in the afternoon. 

• Like 5

We didn't stay overnight in Ranworth but returned to HPC shortly after sunset. The sunset on the way was lovely. 

PXL_20231115_155729003-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.18b37bb4d5f1608b86ed7b7d74813a5c.jpg

We had been planning to go out today to Holt, but we feel like being lazy instead and probably won't manage much more than a trip to Latham's and a dog walk. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

was a glorious morning, but the wind was certainly stronger than the 'moderate breeze' that the BBC weather app was forecasting. Just after passing Acle dyke we decided

Agreed. It caught me by surprise. And it was a cold wind too. 

On 16/11/2023 at 09:40, YnysMon said:

We didn't stay overnight in Ranworth but returned to HPC shortly after sunset. The sunset on the way was lovely. 

PXL_20231115_155729003-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.18b37bb4d5f1608b86ed7b7d74813a5c.jpg

We had been planning to go out today to Holt, but we feel like being lazy instead and probably won't manage much more than a trip to Latham's and a dog walk. 

Stunning, thanks for sharing Helen :default_icon_luvlove: x

• 1 month later...

Here we are again, having secured an additional week and a bit. Harry is with us this time having been made redundant a fortnight ago because he had been off work with the flu. My opinion of IKEA as an employer has gone down drastically. 

We arrived earlier than usual as the boat has been unoccupied for several weeks. With recent storm we were anticipating floods again. The water levels weren't as bad as in November and we thought we might have been able to take the car around to the boat if we took care, but it wasn't long after low water so we decided to load up the boat at Ranworth, like we did last time. We could have moored at Horning Staithe but it looked like all the car parking spaces were taken.

There was a deer and fawn on the bank of the dyke leading to Horning Pleasurecraft.

PXL_20240103_142110084.thumb.jpg.0773c4ada86ce73d50043461ad17fbd3.jpg

Ranworth...

PXL_20240103_133803585.thumb.jpg.cc3317886c197f8d89fffb8b43fa475a.jpg

• Like 11

We had a lovely day today, meeting up with Kate at Ranworth, having a good chinwag and a good, but muddy walk with the dogs. 

Plans for going down south have been abandoned, due to the fluctuating river levels and tide times, and the airdraft under Great Yarmouth bridges on the Project Troll site. Low water looks doable, but the forecasts for low water don't seem very reliable.

We have plans for a day out by car tomorrow.

• Like 4