Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

1 minute ago, SwanR said:

I can't remember when we last had rain like that. Some of our garden was quite flooded. Guessing the river levels will be higher now.

I got the impression we had a lot of rain last night, though on the whole I slept reasonably well. I was so glad we went to get our refuel and pump out yesterday, even though that meant the inconvenience of having to use the Marina ‘facilities’ yesterday evening and this morning. The wind was very gusty this morning and I would not have been comfortable trying to get into Boulter’s this morning, nor getting back into our home mooring. At least it was dry this morning, as transferring stuff from the boat to car in the rain isn’t great! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Here we are on Moonlight Shadow again. Horning Pleasurecraft is still awash, but luckily their car park, at the rear of their sheds, is not.

As soon as we arrived (just after 1) we took MS around to Boulter's as the people who were on board last week and who left on Monday weren't able to get fuel and a pump out. Graham then walked back to the car whilst I cruised to Ranworth where Graham met me. We managed to load all our stuff on board and I cruised back to HPC before sunset. Food shop was then done in Roy's and we have finally got the dogs on board. Seren had to be carried and Pozzick very reluctantly paddled through.

Now we can relax. I'm so glad I brought some cottage pie from home. No cooking for me this evening.😊

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Cunning plan indeed. Was there nowhere in Horning that wasn't  flooded? I think you'll have some fun each time the dogs need the toilet...

Yes, dreading the pre-beddy loo visit. Seren will need carrying again and Pozzie will need drying off again after wading the waters.

Earlier, I had thought Horning Staithe might be a possibility for loading the boat, but there weren't any spaces. 

It was quite a long boat but had they moored a few feet nearer one end there would have been room for us. They had left a space behind them so that they could sit and fish.

We thought we'd lost Seren earlier on a walk along the river bank. The dogs startled a deer and ran off chasing it across a field. Pozzie gave up quite soon but Seren chased the poor thing all around the field and the the next field. Luckily she finally responded to Graham's whistle and ran back to us.

After the dog walk I walked into Acle to visit the Co-op there. 

Heart in the mouth time when a dog does that. Finlay’s brother Charlie is a ****** for it, I don’t trust him at all when I look after him. 

Theoretically you should or could have asked them to move up a bit, but life’s too short. 🫤I wonder why it is that some folk just don’t think for others.