Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

2 hours ago, LizG said:

It was windy?

Yes it was, though not as bad as the last visit we made to Southwold in November 2020, when the waves were splashing up surf onto the prom.  Visiting Southwold again brought back memories of that week leading up to the second lockdown, when Covid protocols were still very much in place. 

It was pretty gusty here in Horning earlier this evening too, with the boat rocking about a bit.

Another day of not being carried away by Moonlight Shadow. Graham has taken Harry back home.

I had a lovely walk this morning to Ludham Bridge. Grabbed a coffee and cinnamon bun in Dollies bakery, which sustained me for the walk back.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Must visit Dollies this year. Do they do a brown wholemeal loaf as our local Baker spoils us

Roy's do a nice one but we struggle elsewhere 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

As I visited on a Sunday the selection was fairly limited. They had either white or wholemeal sourdough loaves but I'm sure they probably have a lot more selection during the week as there were several empty shelves. 

• Thanks 1

Whenever I’ve been in mid morning onwards they’ve run out of bread. So I’d suggest either getting there as they open (I don’t know what time that is) or maybe you can pre-order?

They fo a very nice meal size sausage roll. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't post yesterday as we went to Neatishead and I can never get any signal at the staithe, though I did receive a text when we took the dogs along the footpath that runs from opposite the fudge lady's place.

We had a pleasant pootle down the Ant this morning and up to Potter H. We aren't sure whether to stay here overnight or go back to Horning. The original plan had been to go to Horning, as yesterday morning's forecast Wednesday was for high wind. The forecast has changed though to a moderate breeze. 

• Like 1

We went back to our home mooring in Horning yesterday afternoon.

Today we had a car trip. First we went to the Ellough Industrial Estate, near Worlingham (past Beccles) to try to source a new 3 plug connector for our electrical wire to the canopy from ASAP marine suppliers. Success!

Then we went to Bungay, which is a charming little historic town. Not as prosperous as it used to be, with several old pubs/ shops closed down. However, they did have some lovely independent shops and cafes, including bakeries, fish monger, what looked like quality butchers and greengrocers, art supplies shop, cooking supplies shop (unfortunately closed on Wednesdays) etc. 

There’s a ruined castle and two churches, one decommissioned, which was open, and one still in use, which wasn’t. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

First we went to the Ellough Industrial Estate, near Worlingham (past Beccles) to try to source a new 3 plug connector for our electrical wire to the canopy from ASAP marine suppliers. Success!

You syndicate folks are dedicated. I admire you giving up your valuable holiday time, I don't think I could do it.

11 hours ago, Broads01 said:

You syndicate folks are dedicated. I admire you giving up your valuable holiday time, I don't think I could do it.

It just feels different when you have so much time on the boat. Also, the longer you are in a syndicate the more ‘ownership’ you feel. Well, maybe I’m generalising there, but that’s how Graham and I feel. I recall on our first few trips how unsure we were of everything. It took us quite a few trips before we really got to know the boat.

• Like 2

It took us quite a few trips before we really got to know the boat.

Doesn't it just

Twenty two years, joint ownership of 'B.A' and we are all still learning / maintaining and hopefully improving her

Griff

Twenty two years? - Wow, how did that happen?  She is 'Only' fifty eight years old

• Like 1

Seeing the weather forecast, we didn’t cruise anywhere today either. The dogs enjoyed a walk this morning at Caister-on-Sea and we just hunkered down this afternoon.

I just hope the strong winds die down before we visit Boulter’s tomorrow morning!

As mentioned on Simon’s thread, I didn’t have the best night’s sleep last night. Yesterdays high winds continued into the wee small hours and the thought of getting into Boulter’s must have been weighing on my mind as I had several  weird dreams, not scary, but a bit unsettling. In between dreams I’d wake up and listen to the wind. I gave up just before 4am and played some games on my iPad, then Pozzie whined, wanting to go out at 5, so I got up and left Graham slumbering.

We had an appointment at Boulter’s for 9am. The wind had dropped considerably, but was still fairly gusty, so I phoned Boulter’s before leaving HPC asking if they could help us get in with our ropes once we arrived.

We were at Boulter’s a while, almost two hours in fact. They had a problem with their pump out machine, a blockage in the sucky-out pipe (technical term). Bless them, the guys there just continued to try to unblock it and finally succeeded. I give them full marks for perseverance. It wasn’t much of an inconvenience for us, as Graham and I just continued to pack our stuff and started cleaning the boat.

Mooring up back at our home mooring wasn’t a problem either, and we managed to get away shortly after midday. The plan was to offload our recycling at Wroxham, which didn’t work out as the two recycling bins had been filled up with large pieces of cardboard. We had a good lunch at The Old Mill though.

We were home before 5pm, with no delays. It’s a good thing we weren’t going in the opposite direction, as that traffic was horrendous, especially on the A11 just before Norwich and Barton Mills.

• Like 2

I drove up from Medway at 4.45 and sailed straight through to Brundall in 2 hours 20 minutes. I was amazed, no hold ups anywhere. I was expecting at least 4 hours.

We have three grandchildren until Monday, they only pleaded to come on Thursday, bless.

The car was packed to the roof as we normally get ready for summer at Easter, they did manage to pack light fortunately.

I had to get the Sheerline ( accommodation barge ) ready in the dark as it had gear all over the place as I am still working on it and weren't expecting them until the summer holidays.

We have a further 14 days after they have gone to do boat cleaning and upgrade things as well as relaxing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

How lucky was that! Got to Stokesby, no room on the BA moorings but no sooner had we moored up beyond the pub that a space on the BA moorings became free, and as we were approaching it the second boat moved off too. 😊

So that's us settled.

Now in the pub for a late lunch.

• Like 9