Tourist Boom

Andrewcook

Will there now be a Tourist Boom in Norfolk as the Pubs and restaurants are beginning to come back to Normal service one again but there's a warning ahead for us all to June  21st that could change  due to Indian variants strains spreading to which I hope it does not spoil things for us all now. 

There will be a tourist boom everywhere in the UK this summer.

Those who would normally go abroad are going to be holidaying in the UK instead (for the most part)

We have picked what will possibly be the busiest year in the UK for buying our motorhome :default_rolleyes:

For this time of year I would say the touring caravan parks are busier than usual. I guess many of the visitors have had their jabs and fancy a change of scenery, good for them. The Whitsun week may see the return of the silly season!

The Spring Bank Holiday is when it really starts to gets busy. There's very little left to hire in June, and July through to mid September is all but sold out, 

I've been on Goosander since Saturday, and the opening up of indoor dining is clearly the driver for bookings at the moment. It was business as normal before today, but from this afternoon, the boats have been flushing out of the yards for a midweek break I guess.  

I expect mid September to the end of October to sell out too, as it did last year. Of course there may be more competition from overseas destinations by then, but looking at how the Indian Covid variant is sweeping the world, as the Kent variant did in the months from Christmas to Spring, I wonder how much will actually open up overseas. 

• Like 1

It is Jean. It'd my first time back onboard in 18 months. I've just come back from a meal in the Bridge at Acle. The meal was delightful, and I have to say, it was really good to be back inside amongst other happy diners.

• Like 2