Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

CC cannot read the article online as it's behind a paywall.

But having read the official hospital version what a great job they are all doing.

Give Katie a good hug from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Left home at 06:50 this morning , excellent journey down , arrived Wroxham at 08:15 quick pop into Roy’s for essentials and a couple of bacon baps from oh crumbs , well filled and £3.95 each , great value .

Sitting on Granary staithe atm bridge is showing about 6ft6” 

We are afloat for a couple of weeks , heading south on Tuesday early 

IMG_4475.jpeg

• Like 10

Another fairly leisurely short cruise , left Gays at 08:00 down the Ant and turned ……..

left !!!!! 

You  read that correctly  , we turn left , passed St Benêts then up the Thurne heading for Womack Water (I forgot it was Sunday , Katie hadn’t and wanted a carvery) .

As we approached the staithe Rambling Rosie , Neil , was in the coveted spot next to the post at the beginning  of the public staithe with a nice large space beside him , so in we went , lovely !!

After a chat with Neil I phoned and booked our carvery .

Returned to Pipedreams having consumed the as usual excellent Sunday lunch , shortly afterwards Neil was on his way so we pulled into his spot and settled in for the day/evening , we were joined by Wussername and his good lady for a couple of most enjoyable hours .

Later on I spotted Marge and Parge passing by the moorings, waves were exchanged.

Just paid our £5 overnight fee , listening to a little bit of jazz contemplating whether or not to fire up the barbecue or grab a more simple light snack after our considerable lunch .

Tomorrow will see us heading to either Stokesby or Stracey in readiness for our early morning crossing Tuesday.

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

• Like 9

We had a most welcome visitor last evening , Paul (Peters Joy) whom we hadn’t seen for almost two years , was wonderful to catch up with you Paul.

Departed Womack at 08:30 and a most leisurely cruise to Acle free 24 moorings , breakfast in Dunes cafe and electric hook up on , we are going to laze here today , barbecue tonight before leaving at 04:30 in the morning to catch low slack at Yarmouth , we are booked into Oulton for Tuesday and Wednesday evening where we hope to catch up with Pusseycat at some time 

IMG_4485.jpeg

• Like 5

Left at 04:45 We had a wonderful cruise over south , a couple of privateers who were a bit nervous traveling early doors asked if they could follow us so a mini convoy ensued .

We rode the tide all the way to Yarmouth , 11:00 revs carrying us at 6.6mph over land , as we turned into Braydon the outgoing tide had ceased and by the time we hit Burch Castle we were once again riding the tide this time incoming , we arrived at Oulton Broad at 09:15 so Acle to Oulton took us four and a half hours and we never went over 11:00rpm .

Moored up on the floating pontoon , paid for two overnights @£45 including electric hook-up , PusseyCat arriving later mid afternoon .

IMG_4498.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg

• Like 12

After settling in we popped into 142 cafe (just past Jeckles) for brunch I had eggs Benedict Kate had a mushroom version and both were excellent .
PussayCat arrived mid afternoon , and after a catch up we all adjourned to The Waveney for a few sociable shandies , later we had a couple in the Broadsview and ended up in the Bitch in the Ditch for a surprisingly good dinner , I had a cheese and bacon burger , Katie a homemade lasagne and the crew of PussayCat had homemade cottage pie and a steak and ale pie , whilst not “top notch” it was better than avantage pub grub and very reasonable .

Katie and the others decided that an early night was called for , I decided to have a couple of nightcaps so revisited The Waveney and The Commodore.

Up bright and early , yesterdays winds seem to have died down and it’s a cloudy but warm day ; we have booked a Waitrose order for Kate morning and after that is stowed away we all going into Lowestoft by train .

659d71d3-301c-44c2-b4e0-a0ef41d026f7.jpeg

f4e3969d-1783-4544-8406-f6dc192daa5c.jpeg

fc2d1f79-bc44-4438-8f52-da3562aa7020.jpeg

8cd6fa0c-6d9f-43f0-88bc-7acbf4a8a72f.jpeg

8bafd54c-b483-48a2-8c37-57622208c91a.jpeg

ec366df4-7a7c-462f-9ded-0a4dbac45c93.jpeg

4e61f6ea-3644-404f-80fe-441071c68fd0.jpeg

• Like 8

What a wonderful filled day , after our Waitrose delivery we , and Adele and Steve , caught the train into Lowestoft , spend the day window and actual shopping , people watching (and my god!! There was interesting sights to say the least) , lunch was at the cafe near to Lowestoft bus station which was recommended to us , the food was basic but excellent value , Katie had homemade spaghetti bolognaise , myself the usual burger etc two cups of tea and the cost £17.80 , exceptional value.Then on to the Fisherman’s for a glass or two watching the service craft return from the energy farm.

we caught the 18:48 train back and back onboard for dinner , just pate sandwiches as we were still fairly full from lunch.

Katie was very tired so retired early , so I met up with Steve and Adele for a few refreshments in the Broadsview until closing .

off tomorrow for Beccles 

IMG_4528.jpeg

IMG_4527.jpeg

IMG_4529.jpeg

IMG_4526.jpeg

IMG_4525.jpeg

IMG_4524.jpeg

IMG_4521.jpeg

IMG_4522.jpeg

IMG_4520.jpeg

IMG_4519.jpeg

IMG_4518.jpeg