New Boat Waste Facilities In Hoveton

SwanR

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

You’re right, we didn’t spot them…where are they?

Next to the Flour Bean Cafe is a small footpath and you can just see the roof line of the toilet block at the back of the cafe

Walk down this path and they are on your left

_20220424_090540.thumb.JPG.0b8e79f9e2491df8133a849d7ad3d077.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’ve been wondering where these are for 5 years. I’m sure the sign has been pointing in the wrong direction, into HW yard. So I’ve always just used the yard wc!

a family asked me the other day if I knew where they were as they’d also followed the sign into the yard. 

Maybe I’m wrong and just going daft!

Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kpnut said:

I’ve been wondering where these are for 5 years. I’m sure the sign has been pointing in the wrong direction,

Arr!! you have sussed what we have been up to.   A local hobby to put off the enemy.   Trouble is about it is 76 years too late.  Old habits die hard.   Sorry my sense of humour.

:default_gbxhmm:

• Haha 3

On 24/04/2022 at 09:59, kpnut said:

I’ve been wondering where these are for 5 years. I’m sure the sign has been pointing in the wrong direction, into HW yard. So I’ve always just used the yard wc!

a family asked me the other day if I knew where they were as they’d also followed the sign into the yard. 

Maybe I’m wrong and just going daft!

Thanks for the info. 

There was definitely a very small sign on the electric post in the pic last summer pointing in the right direction 

The Google streetscene pic of 2018 did not show it I will check it out next time I am there in the next few days

• Like 1

In all the years I’ve been visiting Potter, I never realised they were there!!  I’ve sat outside the cafe with a coffee and sausage roll several times in the past, waiting for ‘er indoors to finish her latest tat quest and never seen or smelt the them.

Never mind anything else, they must be Broadlands best kept secret!!😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mouldy said:

In all the years I’ve been visiting Potter, I never realised they were there!!  I’ve sat outside the cafe with a coffee and sausage roll several times in the past, waiting for ‘er indoors to finish her latest tat quest and never seen or smelt the them.

Never mind anything else, they must be Broadlands best kept secret!!😉

Hehe - They are on the North Norfolk side of the bridge

The choice of Broadland as a district council name has caused a lot of confusion over the years.

19 minutes ago, Bytheriver said:

Hehe - They are on the North Norfolk side of the bridge

The choice of Broadland as a district council name has caused a lot of confusion over the years.

I can imagine.  Am I the only one that uses the name Broadland as a generic term for the area?  Surely not.

no I don't use the Broadland name, I just use the village name or " the Broads"

The fish and Chip shop, is in Repps not Potter Heigham, come to that Potter Heigham isn't the area around Lathams.. 

The whole area north of the river is called Heigham, Potter Heigham (or more correctly Heigham Potter) is the village over by the church where... They used to make pots... The area around Lathams (or is that QD stores) is actually in Heigham Falgate..

Since gate (or the Norse "gat"~) meant road, and Norse "Falr" meant tube, was that the name of a  road Bridge?

• Like 1