Moonlight Shadow

Mouldy

The members of the Moonlight Shadow syndicate recently held an EGM to discuss leaving BCBM and going self managed.  The vote was unanimously in favour of self management and BCBM have now been informed of our decision.  The new management committee (for want of a better term) would like to make it known before the more observant of you, who study the BCBM website, find Moonlight Shadow missing!

The transfer will most probably take effect from 1st September to allow for bank accounts to be set up, insurance cover to be sourced as well as necessary agreements signed between the members.

The association between the syndicate and BCBM has been long and I believe saw it through a difficult time following  the collapse of Challenger, who managed it previously.  We feel now that the time is right to pour the additional funding into maintaining Moonlight Shadow and make her the best she can be for the benefit of the members.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Then there were two 😳

Sorry Matt.  If I’m honest, a year ago I was against self management, but there have been a number of incidents over the past year that have completely changed my mind, which I won’t discuss on a public forum.

Also, as @oldgregg said, there’s a good chunk of additional funding that will be better spent on further improvements to the boat.

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Sorry Matt.  If I’m honest, a year ago I was against self management, but there have been a number of incidents over the past year that have completely changed my mind, which I won’t discuss on a public forum.

Also, as @oldgregg said, there’s a good chunk of additional funding that will be better spent on further improvements to the boat.

You don’t have to convince me. I keep pointing out we could have bought MS for the money we have spent on management fees since the start 😂

Once you have finished spending on the boat perhaps have a think about buying some shares up when they come up for sale. Buy a 4 week share back and then cross out Jan and first 2 weeks of Feb off the allocation chart 😃

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I think those will be the same type of incidents Thunder suffered with. I just don't think BCBM in its current form offers enough value.

I've said it many times, but the term 'professional' just means that someone does something as a job. It is not synonymous or interchangable with the term 'talented'.

• Like 2