Last Week Before Retirement (and A Norfolk Gift)

YnysMon

My final few days of work are whizzing past, with this coming Friday being my last day. It's very sociable too, as I've been meeting up with various colleagues and ex-colleagues several lunchtimes last week and will do this week. Actually, it's the most that I've been on the OU campus since Covid struck.

One of the colleagues I met today gave me a most thoughtful and welcome gift. It's a little book of poetry in the Norfolk dialect. 

This one...

PXL_20230919_135141245.thumb.jpg.c1da3ed5b8f0468f98cd4aac3d034752.jpgPXL_20230919_140224471.thumb.jpg.8adfcb9c8e9091aef79390c943f9aea7.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 3

If the Norfolk dialect intrigues you from that book look out for

"Mighta bin Wuss". By Tony Clarke 

It comes from a series of articles published weekly in the Eastern  Daily Press.

These go back to just after the war.

I remember my father regaling us in his broad accent every week.

Enjoy your retirement. before long you will wonder how you fitted in work into your schedule.

Boy Jimma.png

• Thanks 1

Last few days, then next week it feels like you’re on annual leave, a week later it hits you!

Enjoy every last minute of it Helen. Try not to get so booked up that you have no time to yourself - if you do that, you might as well be at work earning money. 

• Like 1

I have had a few days off (enforced stay at home due to no car, and am already wondering how I fit a days work into my schedule, I havent stopped, yet still I am not getting any more tidying done than when I am working.

(on a side note I did manage to get the stern jackstaff done for the BA model, and compile a list of other jobs needed on it).

• Like 2

Our first attempt at retirement was back in April when Mrs Raser packed up work. It lasted about a week before circumstances put it on hold. As soon as we were able to try again there was a heatwave. Then we finally managed to get out at the weekend and Monday - now it's on hold again while this storm blows over. I turned down work to do this! :default_cool: