Spring Meet 2024 Sign Up Page

CambridgeCabby

I thoroughly enjoy the day. It was great to meet up in person again with fellow forumites, and putting faces to names of new friends too.

The weather was wonderful, and we spent the day chatting about all things boats among other things

Thanks to Grendel for hosting me on Water Rail for the C-in-C, and to Karizma and Kpnut for the tours of their boats 

Looking forward to next year's meet up already !

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bikertov said:

including one of the wherry Albion under sail

Hmm . . . 

Motor-sailing in fact, with outboard dinghy to keep her straight.

Not a bad idea in fact, if you find yourself head to wind in that river!

4 hours ago, Gracie said:

So pleased you had a lovely time

Lovely pics too, thank you guys but where are the really juicy ones like Grendel getting wet or drunken antics? :default_biggrin:

Grace x

I’m afraid Grendel behaved himself.  Boatymans partner did try and boil him alive while putting out the BBQ, think he was videoing at the time so may appear at some point.

IMG_2132.thumb.jpeg.ed52c3755fe6dd231845055f66149a2b.jpeg

How cute is Bramble, Simon & Katie’s dog?  All 3 dogs, Findlay, Oscar and Bramble were pretty well behaved, only 1 mooring rope peed on and 1 cookie nicked!

IMG_2137.thumb.jpeg.acc2ce6910ecce35cae24f3d2816bc7c.jpeg

IMG_2134.thumb.jpeg.f8eefbf7907379192cbcbaf20edaca38.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

A big thank you to all those who were able to attend this years gathering , special thanks to Neil for his transportation of the gazebo et al once again , Clive for storing it all , the gang that helped erect and take it down and to Nigel for setting the most enjoyable quiz and dealing with Salhouse and the insurance for the event .

Thankyou to Grendel for leading the cinc , his most delicious bread and to Kate for the lovely biscuits and cake (Oscar loved them) .

Simon 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, garryn said:

I must say Oscar has never helped himself to cakes and biscuits off a table before but the temptation of Kates homemade biscuits in front of his nose was just too much.

Apparently the biscuits were very moist, or at least they were AFTER Oscar had taken a look at them ...

• Haha 2

On 19/05/2024 at 14:06, NeilB said:

All 3 dogs, Findlay, Oscar and Bramble were pretty well behaved, only 1 mooring rope peed on and 1 cookie nicked!

And not forgetting Cody, who in any ‘best coat’ competition would win hands down. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, kpnut said:

And not forgetting Cody, who in any ‘best coat’ competition would win hands down. 

Ooops, how did I miss Cody, so we'll behaved I missed them entirely!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Ooops, how did I miss Cody, so we'll behaved I missed them entirely!

...................... or its because he was dragging me up the hill on his long lead :default_biggrin:

• Haha 4