Spring Meet 2024 Sign Up Page

CambridgeCabby

well it does seem a lot of us will be heading down, then heading back, so I await the official timing of the event to know when we will probably be heading down.

8 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

If you want/needto leave from Salhouse, you’ll be welcome aboard Chiltern Lady…😎

Lol, not sure I'm talking to you still - its your fault I own a boat now, after our chat last year

I dont think I could afford a whole trip with you this time round, who knows what I would end up buying ... :default_rofl:

• Haha 6

I would suggest those leaving Salhouse depart at approx 10:00 to meet up to depart at 11:00 from Malthouse Broad arriving back at Salhouse for 12:00 if this sounds acceptable , and if poss would be lovely if Water Rail displayed the  NBN standard.

• Like 6

Just to say, for anyone in two minds and wavering about attending because they don't have a boat - do still come next weekend !

I have been to the meet-up twice now without owning a boat, and will be there again this year (albeit leaving my newly acquired boat on its mooring on the Great Ouse)

Both times, I have been very kindly hosted on a boat for the cruise from Ranworth to Salhouse, and I see there have been a number of offers again this year from members with spare spaces  

It is a great opportunity to meet virtual friends in person, and make new friends too, have a picnic and immerse yourself in the wonderful world of boating for the day

It will be great fun for sure, that you won't regret !

• Like 4
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Does anyone have a show closet and wine rack on board? :default_biggrin:

Seriously, I hope the weather next weekend is like it is today for you all

Grace x

Will you be joining us Grace ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Does anyone have a show closet and wine rack on board? :default_biggrin:

Seriously, I hope the weather next weekend is like it is today for you all

Grace x

Regarding a selection of alcoholic beverages MauriceMynah will be there, I'll say no more.... :default_beerchug:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Will you be joining us Grace ?

I would love to be there but unfortunately have other commitments. Maybe one day Biker I'll teach you a few dance moves whilst wearing heels, drinking a glass of Prosecco and wearing a Pirate hat.... I think the heels and Pirate hat will suit you very well :default_biggrin:

I'm looking forward to hearing about it all though and some pics too hopefully

Grace x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Only a couple of photos so far.  First to arrive about 12:30 in company with CambridgeCabby after collecting the marquee.

The rangers have thoughtfully provided a bouy in case Grendel happened to drift past and needed something to cling onto…. :default_biggrin:

IMG_2126.jpeg

IMG_2127.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3