Im On The Norfolk Broads Broken Down In My Marina Need A Part Can Anyone Help?

ESSEXMATT

Lets hope that EssexMatt has it sorted and he is safe and warm somewhere. You guys have been so helpful towards a first post newbie, this Forum never ceases to amaze me.

Hopefully once Matt is settled he will come along to let us know he is okay with a huge thank you to you all x

• Like 1

Well this is a forum so I'll pitch in with my complete lack of experience of marine engines but with a fresh pair of eyes (well 67 years old and with the help of Specsavers): looking at the effects of rusty water I would guess that there may have been a crack there for a while before it gave way altogether? Even zooming in though, I can't decide whether or not the break surfaces are clean or corroded, as clue as to how long it's been broken.

Would there have been other clues like high engine temperature? Fumes?

It would be nice to hear the full story from the OP eventually.

The lesson for us all I think is to have a butcher's around the engine on a regular basis.

The term "desperate" as used by the OP doesn't have to mean imminent crisis; sometimes it means "I've just run out of ideas". I hope he's ok though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

like a lot of places now the first few posts have to be authorised by the moderators (sorry I cant remember just how many its set for), I have just approved the above 2 , but hadnt seen any others until now. eventually you will get enough good posts under your belt and will be able to post freely