Horning Pleasurecraft Internals

Hi Everyone

I had a bit of a quick nosey round a few places yesterday and the friendly people at Horning Pleasurecraft let me look inside their boats.

All were really tidy, well presented and very straight boats to be fair.... I thought it was perhaps selfish to keep them to myself! :default_cool:

First up.... Streamway, a 2/3 berth, felt very light and in nice condition.....

Streamway 1069B Mar24.JPG

Streamway 1069B Mar24 (1).JPG

Streamway 1069B Mar24 (2).JPG

Streamway 1069B Mar24 (3).JPG

Streamway 1069B Mar24 (4).JPG

Streamway 1069B Mar24 (5).JPG

• Like 3

Next Skyway... joined them for 2021 from the Thames.  Really liked this one... the light fitout still felt quite new and nicely proportioned cabins and spaces....

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (1).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (2).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (3).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (4).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (5).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (6).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (7).JPG

Skyway 1259B Mar24 (8).JPG

• Like 3

Swiftway... a 40ft Bounty 40 with 6 permanent beds and the rarer layout that had very flexible rear cabins that could both be set-out either as a twin or double, and with 3 bathrooms. 

Amazing use of 40ft really and I prefer it to the original/more common 6 berth Bounty 40 layout.  The cabins are achieved by moving the engine to the centre freeing up a bit of legroom space for the rear berths.

Swiftway N774 Mar24 (1).JPG

Swiftway N774 Mar24 (2).JPG

Swiftway N774 Mar24 (3).JPG

Swiftway N774 Mar24 (4).JPG

Swiftway N774 Mar24 (5).JPG

Swiftway N774 Mar24.JPG

• Like 3

Tideway.... I think this was my favourite

Originally built by Broom's as one of their Supreme Commander class (original reg number B120) this had been brought back from the Thames and had lots of tidying and nice modernising touches.   

Still in original gel I reckon this is probably the nicest of this version on hire.....

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (1) - Copy.JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (4).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (5).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (6).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (7).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (8).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (9).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (10).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (11).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (12).JPG

Tideway 1988B Mar24 (13).JPG

• Like 4

Dreamway... again one originally built by Broom for their hirefleet as Captain 1 which was added to their fleet late last season from private ownership (it may be recognised by one forum member!)

This was very nice as well, and the light interior still looked smart, as did its exterior

Dreamway T512 Mar24 (1).JPG

Dreamway T512 Mar24 (2).JPG

Dreamway T512 Mar24 (3).JPG

• Like 3

And then finally (but definately by no means least!!) their newly designed and launched Fleetline 1.

Really nice quality fitout with varnished wood over the more expected laminate and a grey hull and canopy.  This all worked really well together in the flesh and I think will establish themselves well and turn a few heads....

Fleetline1 1953B Mar24 (1).JPG

Fleetline1 1953B Mar24 (2).JPG

Fleetline1 1953B Mar24 (3).JPG

Fleetline1 1953B Mar24 (4).JPG

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Thanks for sharing these, Dan, useful. On Skyway, it looks as if the stern half of the boat doesn't have a side deck (which would be awkward I feel). Is that right?

Hi Simon

Well, just after the saloon window the side gunwhale takes you up onto the rear deck/flybridge like on this one....

http://www.dhorner.horning.org.uk/sheer4.jpg

Dan

• Thanks 1

Lovely boats, thank you or sharing. My favourite is Tideway, we hired Broadland Mars from Richardsons which is identical and a very roomy boat for a family. 

I love them all of course :default_biggrin:

Grace x

• Like 1

The best boats we have hired would have to be the Major Gems from Richardson's. We've hired 1 and 2, they are such good value for money, the space on them is excellent. If my numbers come up I would buy one of these like a shot 

Sorry for the slight drift

Grace x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah they're very good for the money. I've hired Major 2 a number of times and she's hard to fault.

In 2020 I had her booked for my usual "boys weekend" in September..... Lockdown meant we couldn't all go together, but I kept the booking and Mrs OG and I had the boat instead.

They're an excellent boat for a couple, tons of space and with no-one sleeping in the aft cabin it becomes a wonderful lounge/diner.

Not many boats handle like them, either.

I think the Pearl provides a more modern take on that design, with a bit of a layout re-jig and better stern and sidedeck access.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, oldgregg said:

Tideway is lovely, I went onboard the previous one but this looks to have been done to a similar standard.

I like a Pearl and I know Clive does too.

So there are now two Tideways?

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

So my saving up has been in vain 🙄

There's a few Supreme Commanders floating about... One has been ruined by some idiot painting the blue gel white, but plenty still around these parts.