Stracey Arms

YnysMon

Is there any news on the shop and cafe at Stracey Arms? I'm hoping that it has been sold as they do seem to be continuing to collect the mooring fees there, as the signs had been altered to £8 per night. We didn't stop there, as it was very early morning/late afternoon when we passed, but on our return journey we spotted someone mowing the grass banks. 

• Like 1

I didn't realise it had closed, bit of a shame if so as it seemed to be a useful resource. The shop stocked the sort of stuff one tends to forget and the cafe was a handy breakfast stop.

I've not stopped there since before covid, but I was talking to the owner back in 2019 and it did seem to be very much a lifestyle decision to be there.

• Like 1

The property is still listed for sale on Rightmove, so I see no reason why they wouldn't continue to maintain the bank and collect mooring fees. Indeed until it is sold I would have thought it just as likely that the cafe and shop would open as usual for this year. Must be easier to sell an ongoing concern, than one that has closed.

• Like 2

We spoke to them last year and they really wanted to find a buyer who would take on the whole ethos and character of the business. I expect their search continues! We always include a stop there, love the place 👍

• Like 2

Oh no! This was beginning to become a regular stop for us - certainly a great way to break up that leg of a trip. I do hope it keeps going!

• Like 2

I can confirm that Stacey Arms shop and cafe are both OPEN! With access from the road too. Just had a delicious milkshake and swiped a few lovely chips off of my son's plate too.

They are still very much open and hoping to find the right buyer. They closed over the winter due to a family emergency but open as usual again now. I for one am very pleased!

Incidentally, the lady told me that she opened up a car park last year and they were far busier from the road than the river! Good for their business and I wish them well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3