Busy Busy Busy

Have just spent a week on the Northern Broads,  yes the weather has been good, not exactly the temperatures we were promised but a darn sight better than we have had in the past, which usually included a named storm to boot.    However, we were amazed at the number of boats on the river,   it was like high season.    Families (I thought the kids were at school at the moment) groups of guys , most of them , shall we say cracking on a bit,   a couple of stag boats,  the trips boats were full of holiday makers.      Hundred of little day boats buzzing around.  Together with  yachts enjoying the breeze.  Paddle boarders, canoeists.     As I say it was just like high season and it isnt even the fishing season.      It was fabulous.   May be things are getting better.

:default_stinky::default_stinky::default_stinky::594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily::594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily::440_rowboat::440_rowboat:

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Yes, it's busy out . Wonderful.  I love it when it's quiet but it's great fun being out there with the holiday makers.  When everybody is on boats having fun, the place really comes alive with the buzzing atmosphere. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

the place really comes alive with the buzzing atmosphere. 

No, that's just the swarm of flies around your boat, MM. 

• Haha 3

We had a trip to Oulton Broad on Saturday and I would say we passed no more the half a dozen boats mostly private. Coming back yesterday there was a few more including about 4 hire boats but it’s still incredibly quiet on the southern side.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

We had a trip to Oulton Broad on Saturday and I would say we passed no more the half a dozen boats mostly private. Coming back yesterday there was a few more including about 4 hire boats but it’s still incredibly quiet on the southern side.  

May be the tides are still not favourable,  they certainly were not in our favour on our week otherwise we would have gone South and to cross Breydon very early in the morning with the thick fog we had would not have been ideal.