Acle Bridge Inn & Acle Moorings

Copied from elsewhere:-

Okay, two bits of excellent broads related news.
1. It is confirmed that as of yesterday Philip Hannon has signed a lease on Acle Bridge Inn for at least another 10yrs. I’ve known for a while that the future of acle has been hanging in the balance as regards to Phil’s ownership but rest assured, the quality we’ve come to expect from acle is looking bright for the foreseeable future 

2. This information has to be spread by word of mouth so please feel free to do so. I have it on very good authority that the no mooring at acle bridge is to negate legal responsibility due to the poor condition of the quayside. If you were to moor there then no one would come to chase you away or ask for money but you moor there at your own risk and own responsibility. Considering how busy acle can be, it’s a nice bit of information to be known even if it has to be by word of mouth 

Griff

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Good news indeed. We were aware from speaking to Phil that this has going on for a while now so very pleased there has been a good outcome. A pub that certainly sets the standard for others to follow. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

2. This information has to be spread by word of mouth so please feel free to do so. I have it on very good authority that the no mooring at acle bridge is to negate legal responsibility due to the poor condition of the quayside. If you were to moor there then no one would come to chase you away or ask for money but you moor there at your own risk and own responsibility. Considering how busy acle can be, it’s a nice bit of information to be known even if it has to be by word of mouth 

Which bit of quay are we talking about? I haven't moored there since last year...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Which bit of quay are we talking about? I haven't moored there since last year...

I’m guessing the stretch that used to be the Horizon Craft moorings.  No Mooring signs have been erected along there by Richardsons.  I’ve heard that someone tried to make an injury claim due to the poor state of the moorings and they put the signage up to dissuade others from mooring there.  From what I saw last week, it has been relatively successful, with just a few craft choosing to ignore the signage.  It has created a significant shortage of moorings in the Acle area though.

There are always the moorings at Mill House Farm, but the quay heading there is so low, they are frequently under water.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grendel said:

the horizon / pedros moorings

Ah, sorry, my mistake, bit confusing following the pub info. I'd be happy for the photos to be deleted as they are not really relevant to the thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I’m guessing the stretch that used to be the Horizon Craft moorings.  No Mooring signs have been erected along there by Richardsons.  I’ve heard that someone tried to make an injury claim due to the poor state of the moorings and they put the signage up to dissuade others from mooring there.  From what I saw last week, it has been relatively successful, with just a few craft choosing to ignore the signage.  It has created a significant shortage of moorings in the Acle area though.

There are always the moorings at Mill House Farm, but the quay heading there is so low, they are frequently under water.

I assumed it was those but wasn't sure.

The quay heading wasn't in great condition last year and I was a little amused by there still being an attendant at the time to collect the fees.

• Like 1