Low Bridge!

Hockham Admiral

Hello John,

Sadly the dramatic change in the weather conditions has not helped. Last night in Yourkshire we had constant rain that melted over 6 inch of snow that we had the day before. I am glad we live fairly high up, this current influx of rain and a fast thaw must be frightening to anyone living on the flood plains.

As you know last year at this time the river levels were down and we struggled to have Ranworth Breeze refloated after its winter service.

Regards

Alan

Hello John. As you know last year at this time the river levels were down and we struggled to have Ranworth Breeze refloated after its winter service.

Regards, Alan

Alan, Hi.

You sure won't have that problem this year! :)

I think the main problem this year will be getting under the fixed bridges as I reckon the water levels will be well up for some time to come. :?

Lori, can you work that cam at Wroxham to see the river height, please? :bow:bow

Im not sure i feel all that sorry for those that are "living on the flood plains" I do not understand when its called a 'Flood plain' why anyone one would choose to live there, but if you must then build the houses on stilts.

I know its a bit of a harsh stance but you can see the contours of the land we know where flood water will go.

My Mother lives in Spain and people there are just as bad, buildings in dry river beds, then 'the rain in spain fell mainly on the plain' then the river beds bulged with water again.

Perhaps im missing something but its just does not make sense to me.

I reckon you'd have a job getting an Alpha under that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21219575

I think judging by the car, you`d have plenty of depth, and i think you probably COULD get an alpha through it John, but who`s going to be guinea pig? :lol::lol::lol: .

PS, when we`re up there in June, we can meet up and compare Alphas :lol::lol: .

Regards to all .................. Neil.

:wave hi all, i know this is getting off the subject of bridges, but seeing that pic of bridge from webcam just reminded me, the manager at the wherry hotel at oulton broad, was asking us all on fbook whether we'd like a webcam at uolton from the hotel, & they said that they MIGHT put one up for us, which would be great, as we'd be able to get our broads fix & see the races too, if they could put one up , that'd be three over on the south side, brilliant. lori :Stinky

:wave hi all, i know this is getting off the subject of bridges, but seeing that pic of bridge from webcam just reminded me, the manager at the wherry hotel at oulton broad, was asking us all on fbook whether we'd like a webcam at uolton from the hotel, & they said that they MIGHT put one up for us, which would be great, as we'd be able to get our broads fix & see the races too, if they could put one up , that'd be three over on the south side, brilliant. lori :Stinky

What a great idea, Lori! :clap:clap

You could keep an eye on us at Easter! cheersbar

Hi Lori. Am I missing something as I was'nt aware there were any southside? :cry:

:wave hi bill, freedom boating are also thinking of putting a webcam up & there is a webcam at waveney river centre, but you have to register on their site at the top of the page, but if you want to view it on your fone or tablet then you have to have chrome on, otherwise it won't work, yes john, i'll be able to see if your behaving yourselves :lol::lol: just wish i could be there, but hubbys on nights grrr .lori :Stinky