3 rivers race 2013

C.Ricko

Anyone entered or spectating this year?

What are the race predictions?

I will be on Raisena, (sail number 3)

I predict Dryad will win If we don't !!!!!

Have a great day whatever you are doing,,

What time do you hope to be at Potter, please, Clive?  :saily:

Our start time is 11.40,

If I told you any more I would have to kill you!

(I can't field the smilies on my new computer...)

We have a decent size boat to aim your chips at!

Raisena at the start of this years 3RR

8916459976_6e3995896b_c.jpg
3RR 2013 Raisena at Horning by AdnamsGirl, on Flickr

Raisena's crew at the start of the race

8915844077_2866d23c1f_c.jpg
3RR 2013 Raisena crew by AdnamsGirl, on Flickr

Raisena preparing to head upstream through Potter Heigham Bridge. Hang on .... that chap on the left looks familiar ....

8916445350_3426308e43_c.jpg
3RR 2013 Raisena at Potter Heigham 01 by AdnamsGirl, on Flickr

Putting their backs into it ....

8916442724_5f80edb064_c.jpg
3RR 2013 Raisena at Potter Heigham 02 by AdnamsGirl, on Flickr

Will she fit?

8916440886_2309b3ff05_c.jpg
3RR 2013 Raisena at Potter Heigham 03 by AdnamsGirl, on Flickr

Phew!

8915824011_561d067be4_c.jpg
3RR 2013 Raisena at Potter Heigham 04 by AdnamsGirl, on Flickr

A few more photos from the race here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28466597@N04/sets/72157633861763751/

Are they still going?  :Sailing

It officially ends at 11am today,

and as is often the case, the wind dropped away between 8 pm yesterday and 4 am this morning, 

so if past years are anything to go by, there are probably still plenty out there.

Nice Sunny morning though...   :grin:

thanks, there are some fantastic shots there, it is great to have a video of us!!! we got stuck on Hickling quite badly rounding the mark (which was 100 yards further than normal grrr)

Took 8 he's to get from horning waterworks to the finish which we eventually did at about 3.38 which I think was the 1st river cruiser over the line...

I will find out more later..

We had a lot of fun getting down the Ant, there were some sceptic people who said we would not be able to turn!

Plenty of room (eeek...)   :)

dscf0524.jpg

Think it was a good job they moved the location of the mark at Ludham this year (and South Walsham) - might have been fun otherwise :)

Some photos of Raisena are in this batch taken at Stokesby titled grey sky!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16116683@N05/sets/72157633895350341/

It was great seeing her come along the river - think Raisena entering was the highlight of the race. I kept in touch by text with my daughters that are usually around for the race and I kept mentioning Raisena. Being not Broads born and bred they didn't know what I meant but I just mentioned 60foot mast, search the internet and they then realised what I was going on about. Then all I got was when are you going to load the photos..........

Liz

Think it was a good job they moved the location of the mark at Ludham this year (and South Walsham) - might have been fun otherwise :)

Some photos of Raisena are in this batch taken at Stokesby titled grey sky!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16116683@N05/sets/72157633895350341/

It was great seeing her come along the river - think Raisena entering was the highlight of the race. I kept in touch by text with my daughters that are usually around for the race and I kept mentioning Raisena. Being not Broads born and bred they didn't know what I meant but I just mentioned 60foot mast, search the internet and they then realised what I was going on about. Then all I got was when are you going to load the photos..........

Liz

There are some great photos there Liz, thanks for taking and posting them..

It is a shame they moved the Hickling marker 100 yards further as it was in about 3 foot of water,we got stuck there for about 30 mins but had no major trouble all the way there, We also got stuck on Heigh am sound for about 5mins. Funny really as the at the briefing a bloke from the BA said there was between 5.5 and 7 feet of water all the way, (did not believe him anyway!)

The bloke on the marker found it highly amusing as he filmed us getting off!

PS. I think the mast is nearer 70 feet!

Clive assuming I don't have my sail boats mixed up (and there can't be many with a mast that big!) it looks like the practice by the Cockshoot moorings last week paid off!

It is a military operation getting that thing up and down safely, we had to get plenty of practice in so no one got hurt, we were all a bit knackered after the 4th time down and up but it all went nearly to plan so it must have paid off..

we did not get a great place in the end but did achieve something that quite a few people said was not possible.

One river cruiser we beat by 3 hours gained a position higher than us! But hey, that's how it works, if we did not get stuck we would have probably shaved over 4 hours off our time...

What's 10 foot!!!! If you hadn't have got stuck for 30 minutes you might have beaten the wind drop? 

For anyone interested there are more photos in my photo sets of the evening when the sky was blue and early morning.........as the fog disappeared