Hooray, we are at Richardsons!

Chocofluff

We arrived half an hour ago after a 5 hour journey, the road works at Elvedon holding us up.

We are currently sitting waiting for our boat as we've managed to get an extra couple of days in. We're now getting Amber Gem which is a 4 berth, so plenty of room to spread out.

Can't wait to get going, so excited.

June x

• Like 2

Well we are at Oulton Broad tonight. We've been to Brundall, Reedham and Norwich. We are heading north through Yarmouth tomorrow morning. Weather is gorgeous and hubby is so funny trying to moor up! We tried at St Olaves, doing a 25 point turn but he gave up, embarrassed as everyone was watching us. We moved onto a little place called Somerlayton, which was beautiful and had lunch in a lovely beer garden.

June/chocofluff x

• Like 3

Hello June,

I take it you were taken with the Dukes Head at Somerleyton, plenty of outdoor tables for the summer months when it is fine and plenty of tables in the restaurant if not.

The food is reasonable and lot better than some of the other pubs on the Broads.

Enjoy your journey back up to the Northern Rivers.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Well we are at Oulton Broad tonight. We've been to Brundall, Reedham and Norwich. We are heading north through Yarmouth tomorrow morning. Weather is gorgeous and hubby is so funny trying to moor up! We tried at St Olaves, doing a 25 point turn but he gave up, embarrassed as everyone was watching us. We moved onto a little place called Somerlayton, which was beautiful and had lunch in a lovely beer garden.

June/chocofluff x

I do hope you don't laugh too much at his "funny" moorings, June!  :wave 

Well we are now at Wroxham, stocked up on milk, bacon, bread etc at the famous "Roy's" We stopped at The Ferry Inn at Stokesby for a drink and a few sun rays.

Wasps, wasps, wasps everywhere though ! How can we deter them? One committed suicide in my lager!

The weather has been beautiful today, we would have moored up at Horning but there was no where to park.

Where should we go tomorrow? I was thinking Walsham, what do you think? We want to stop North as we go back to Stalham Saturday evening.

Choco/ June x

• Like 3

Where should we go tomorrow? I was thinking Walsham, what do you think? We want to stop North as we go back to Stalham Saturday evening.

Choco/ June x

If you're taking the boat back on Sunday, June a nice stopover would be at Sutton Staithe Saturday night. If you arrive there at lunchtime on Saturday you'll surely get a mooring!

The Sutton Staithe Hotel is a nice watering hole but if you wanted a meal best to call today (01692 580244).

("Wasps, wasps, wasps everywhere though ! How can we deter them? One committed suicide in my lager!")

On the subject of wasps, if you are drinking out of a can or bottle do NOT leave them uncovered or the consequences of swallowing a wasp cas be disasterous!

• Like 1