a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

feeling alot better and so to the ole beach this time with four dogs so i thorgth i,ll break me self in gently

what and early eve it was too calm sea goood enough for some speed on the water .....!!!!!

last few days walking with me ole mate barney too ,thats the dog and the owner had to come along too!!!!!

post-24077-0-06665300-1419784843_thumb.j

post-24077-0-02425100-1419785171_thumb.j

post-24077-0-70689900-1419785338_thumb.j

post-24077-0-09569300-1419785513_thumb.j

• Like 3

back to work ...................................

slowly but slow ..........................

boys busy with queen 

boys busy with others too got some loverly woodies in at mo 

halff day here half day there................................

launch on christmas eve of a nice clean sports cruiser looking better than when it came here 

lots of rain still

a few frosts but not hard 

on coast has been warm yet a few miles inland back at yard we have had frozen puddles 

been busy at home with family and updating new web site ,takes alot of time 

seen a few fisher men and some go dunnn river too in thar ole boots i,ll wave as yer go buy hope the heatrs work..!!!!!

lots of swans too will have to move for us to align trailer up

post-24077-0-50324000-1419883328_thumb.j

post-24077-0-49266300-1419883503_thumb.j

post-24077-0-43525700-1419883707_thumb.j

post-24077-0-19408200-1419884051_thumb.j

• Like 8

arghhh young alan the booot is callled errr wasa amane thinghty me jig ....

yuo mean winnsome 40 foot er built by dickies of bangnor an usual twin engine with a dagger boasrd keel as she is a motor sailer too lyods registra and poss dunkirk too

naa she is in moth ball  stage as yet and also up for sale ,owner decides what to do 

she is under a  cover and drting out nicely too like this one i dd too

will need some more boat builders soon to start on two  or restos a 47 footer and a 42 foote rboth broads booot syar know 

went in today did half a job .....................

sharpe ole frosy hit home now .........................

ole truck was a stiff ole girl bit like me knees these days .....

not had hard frost at hum till now joys orf the coast 

river froze too and so were the taps .........

but sun soon came out and melt away 

and was under a boot this morn outside getting ready to deliver next week 

not too cold had me ole mate to keep me company good ole russ taa brush in one hand and a chuckle while he listen to me moan ,,bloddy ole booots ,not as cold as them ole boot shuds with them wood spoliers in them ,best they lite sum of them ole savvins they keep leaving around and make a good ole fire !!!!!!!!

hooo hooo hooo ....................................christmas my **** ......................

post-24077-0-15734900-1419971652_thumb.j

post-24077-0-67790000-1419971907_thumb.j

post-24077-0-62628400-1419972180_thumb.j

• Like 3

number three work shop is full with secret stuff under wraps ......shhhh................

some nice ones in err fast and very slow ....!!!!

outboards to do alot this time 

old and new types too we doo all 

large and small too

had alittle sinking narrow boot to sort out on new yrs eve just on way home when got asked to help 

jon boats 24 hours ........opps  soon had it in slings and in the air .......

river was frozen solid and hard frost on yard no water out orf taps ..........................no tea.....umphhhhh!!!!!!!

busy with engine works in work shop this week  go back to yard on tuesday, may be to sort boat works out yippeeee

still working on web site in eves too, down load pics and info and got to collect some more boats next week 

so good start to new year and more to come 

orf to help the boys band later with local gig so burst ear drums and wobbly walk humm for me 

lay in bed till 7 am to moz and then poss lead **** around take full trialer of garden rubbish to boot yard and sneak in and out  then poss up to nukmber three workshop to do sum stuff for me pull out the race stuff i feel and thrash coming on so better build me a fast engine........well i can try .......

ohh and beeter clean work shop up it a bit messy ,i did wash floor today to get rid orf some grime .love painted floors ,so mr mop came out and swept 1/4 of it only another 1000 sg feet to go !!!!!!

as its cold and no heat in this shed i stand on carpet and ole floor matts to save me ole feet 

so radio on and not to loud to upset next door and start stripping them outboard s

even sneaked in to the shed of doom today and breased the moggi..oppps meant greased her ...!!!!

just need a few more hrs in day and extra hand s ..........

got so dirty today had to de cloth me self in utility room and orf to shower as wiffe says ,yer dirty and daughter say i stink 

long  hot shower and treat  me self to a shave 

no odour orf stale pertol or cellluslose paint 

no brutt for me just a quick quirt of wd 40 ........nice 

pic of a carb bowl with residue or what we call pertol gum left from when the liquid has vapoured off and the good ingredients left behind ,not ............!!!!!!!!

this  was last job so leave it to clean later and strip rest of carb and clean as it should migth run and start too 

post-24077-0-76801300-1420312230_thumb.j

post-24077-0-70909400-1420312357_thumb.j

post-24077-0-95967300-1420312507_thumb.j

post-24077-0-40240700-1420312810_thumb.j

post-24077-0-62117500-1420312950_thumb.j

post-24077-0-36630400-1420313394_thumb.j

• Like 4

opps here is pic of moggie .....engine bay it bit cleaner will later fitt a different lump all standard  at mo

oh no sore  heads and good nite with band last nite ........rock on .................

one amp blown and even strolled around the floor well it looked like some kind of jig .....

next gig at sutton staithe .....................bring yer ear defenders .................!!!!

post-24077-0-80665200-1420378438_thumb.j

• Like 1

the boys band is callled "ashdown" 

they play rock cover with thar own style on it

thin lizzzy to foo fighters

classic rock to modern stuff

all four of them under 17/18 

love it or hate it ............

• Like 2

opps here is pic of moggie .....engine bay it bit cleaner will later fitt a different lump all standard  at mo

oh no sore  heads and good nite with band last nite ........rock on .................

one amp blown and even strolled around the floor well it looked like some kind of jig .....

next gig at sutton staithe .....................bring yer ear defenders .................!!!!

Jon,

Make sure those lovely tappets are nice n quiet when yer doing that engine up! :naughty:

Happy memories seeing an engine like that these days. :)

cheers Iain.

the boys band is callled "ashdown" 

they play rock cover with thar own style on it

thin lizzzy to foo fighters

classic rock to modern stuff

all four of them under 17/18 

love it or hate it ............

As a very old drummer sounds good to me :-) Love it, will keep look out

bloody hell did full day to day and got some stuff dunn too 

stiill loads to doooooo....

up at crack of noon

boat sin and out of transport nice to some ole friends too 

lifted plenty to day and got a classic wafi out to in shudd for a spruce up and may be some mods 

said good bye to some friends orf to the north with booot and dog too ,big ole dog ......

nice to see ole friend from another yard on the south we exchange boat talk ,gossip and waffle til it stime to get on.................

spent timme derigging a classic and also some thourgth on new drive system for a broads yacht may mor eto come later ...................

erghh dog have yer seen my little sweetie jars i got for Christmas ....???????

got two transport tomorrow one in and one leave 

from thames to ouse what a mix we do all .....................................one artic on rigid hiab best orf both worlds 

post-24077-0-60477400-1420570333_thumb.j

post-24077-0-68898700-1420570639_thumb.j

• Like 2

arghh uncle doug ,she will be out soon just abit short on time staff and general get up and gooooo etc etc 

she will sit thar for a bit its all ok at mo 

the wafi in shud is going to shine when she comes ooot yer naaw,migth do her droopinh bum too...

we are working on the powles 36  classic at mo and nearly done her so more room needed we hope 

• Like 1

the wind do blow it took awhile to arrive and di too....

lots off get up and go this week in the end 

with boat transport in and out alot

some leave and retrieve .......

we collected a local boat for sale and nice ole ride it was too 

been quite a few lookers on boats too and the phone is busy ,but a bit short on wife as her turn to be ill with coming in and looking white with a return look off "i don,t feel well " then off to be sick nice !

so office staffing from poor ole long suffering wife a bit sporadic this week 

nice woodie in shud has plank work all done and sealed and primes now bottom all tarred too just next coat off tart and tidy water line up quick five str treat and bilge paint little top side varnish we have made the hull shine a bit now with a coat off that mr muscle ronshine conron instant make hull shine stuff ..................................or really the hull was prepped and cleaned wiped and a good ole coat off new varnish dunn ......and now it do shine again a bit 

classic  yacht in other shudd for tidy up has been busy too she will now have some major works dun to her more in the rest section when i get chance to rite it up no bad for a boot from the 1930,s ....so quite new for us then !!!!

fishing quite and swans a lll come and goo with lots off grazing on the grass,no geese only susie when she wants to bother to say hello and the robin that flows me around the yard to see that i,m doing it alrite 

was hoping for boat show trip but yard more important to catch up on work so will see what our friends can tell us about it when tar back....

sitting here ritting and the wind is gusting so hard the noise from wind rushing dunn the chimney and the flapping vent flaps in the extractor fan in bog down stairs with  the occasional window whistle tells me the wide has got stronger too ....expect cover a ripp and stuff blown run yard i suspect .......grhhhhhhhhh

• Like 4

the wind came and gone then sun ooot and then a dull day or two ...............

now some nice sleet ,snow and rian and brrrrrrrrrrrrrr temp ...........................nice 

bit orf froze ....................................

boats in sheds are coming aloong a treat 

queen has new roof and skin resin etc ,plus inside is looking better with more tidy up and paint work etc 

rebuild broad s boat has now new roof fitted all painted and fitted to suit the top ready fro resine ply and new scrim skin to water proof

clasic 1930 powles is nearly done all repairs all varnished and all tarred just little jobs ready for launch in next few days 

latest broad s yacht in other shud is steaming along too .......stripped back end out all hull has been routed out and hull sanded to lok at paint work 

deck covering all gone to 

a few people this week and nice to see some old friends pop in too

still as always on mass clear out skips are full and just launch a classic woodie in slip but out orf slings after 3 yrs not bad i say 

boat sales ticking along phone do ring too so not bad 

few swans roaming around ..............................and pike fisher folk no boats from private to hire 

awaiting deliv of some boat this week now fed up with delays due to road trnasport nad rivers in flood 

and also will lose some too orf to far way destination up norf.......brrrrr.................ehh uppp

• Like 5

what a great ole week nice too have some positive mental attitude ................not from me ...........

lots off people to come and see stuff 

sold a few boats too 

had some proper viewings too ,not fender kickers !!!!

sorted one or two probs out with boats too 

little yacht is coming along t a great pace with all seams out and top planks lot too we are slowly lifting her saggy ole bum ...up !

she will be stripped too to loo the part with new decks covering and few nice little touches too

1936 polwes next door is all done ready for  launch ,hope we don,t get a bad ole frost as its makes me ole slip a sod to drive on 

she do shine now well done boys for good job done we like all types from classic to plastic and steel too and will do a little ole plywood boat too yar know 

the rudd had a scrap this week thanks to me ole mate .........its bit flatter just need it to drain a bit to do more  and slow them ole speeding cars and that is me too 

quick whizz to the north to deliv boat to them silly north narrow rivers .....why .......!!! with locks show now i know what one look like and hill with a truck and boat in tow on slippery country roads in minus brrrrrrr  temp 

so skidding up and dunn hills  with n"don,t touch the brakes " as we did watch one transit do a nice skating show for us .........and our score was a good "severn " well dunn ........

did make mistake with a dunn hill bit and had too touch them ole brakes my self opppppss .............that was fun ....

so poor ole truck ,me and my ole co pilot was in shock with them hills and locks too 

nice little trip and a quick stop, needs  must at a little thief   !!!!!...................with some kind off food.......urr ok i suppose for a change ...... then back to narfok land so poor ole truck can run flat on them old flat lands and recover from hill shock 

snow on sat and whits stuff all over .........................had too send pics to some people to believe me ......

so we worked on sat in snow to loads  a boat or too and sort other outside stuff out 

customer too collect a boats just sold too so all in all a nice week end 

• Like 4

what a pleasant but cold week.............

one bit orf sun then rain then cloud then -4.........

I even had to show some people the snow pic of sat to prove how low and cold our little wayford bubble gets .................

got some boats stuck that can,t get here still and some want to leave and can,t goo...

been busy on boat sale s too which is great news for the boat sale boys too

sold a few and got some more in to sell which is always good .......

works hop full to brim with plastic stuff and polythene too and some woodies of coarse ................

queen is coming along new deck covering all on roof and last lower deck to doo

new rebuild of classic broads woodie has it new roof all on now with fake tee and gee with exposed varnished roof beams look nice weel dunn mr matt

yard in a mess with road half scrapped and water logged too

half coned off to stop silly bugger strying to drive and sink in unflatteend road

ice every whaere

slip way full of boats etc etc

office is too hot outside is too cold

had some loverly shots of sun up and frost on boats too

not too good at the camera thang but yer get the gist

little ole waffis in ther shud is steaming along

stripped decks stripped cabin side

top planks out

transom stripped

hull sanded

hull routed out

and other ebits and bobsd removed

• Like 3

opps got cut abit short thr with ole tuk internet again .it driving me mad ....

so some pics for stories.......................

always got an outboard on the goo some wharr.........................

meeting s on sat to see new customers sot this sat busy etc ,thar bee in shock whan they see the frost a froze river s too

sharpe olr frost on a boot ,look a tthem ice spikes ..............................nice

not good week for technoligie    tow lap tops down and  one  blown up ......................

when checking secure cameras  only the daft are walking around very little animals at nite too

quick look at some proper ole boots not a barge .......................trad narrow boats .please.....while on visit in north foreign lands last week end weekend was quite chilly too................ruds busy on way back hummm ...nice little trip

at last a pics of new build old woodie s roof nearly dunn too

what idjert .......i.m mean idjert ................does this .............clean his truck in minuis conditions ..................

what a numptie.......................well I was warm enough ..........all going well  frist three minutes then it all froze ........numptie

plonka .......yes was it me ................??????...............................YES.........!!!

so cold this week we had a little ole tramp fire for the poor ole boys who work outside to help them warm up ....but no soup, nor bread

just I had a can orf specila breew then on to the ole white lightening for desert ......with ole dawg by me side !!!!  spare any change guvvv................................

managed to lift a boat quick while the ice on river was thin just got alittle bit on strop ............

I,m saying it was cold but even saw mr pike and the roach family sneaking out orf ole water to plug in heaters  in to my shore power .....!!!!!!

post-24077-0-82000000-1422077254_thumb.j

post-24077-0-73027900-1422077522_thumb.j

post-24077-0-91800100-1422077757_thumb.j

post-24077-0-32876000-1422077960_thumb.j

post-24077-0-33543700-1422078089_thumb.j

post-24077-0-41460000-1422078357_thumb.j

post-24077-0-33732200-1422078694_thumb.j

• Like 7

Nice to  see how things are going along at Wayford off to Borneo for a week so will be spending time out on the river there, will keep an eye out for any boats of interest. Then will be going over to Puala Ubin on what our called the bum boats later in February so will send some more photos of these woodies which are left over from war time. Any news on Glimma, John?

• Like 1