a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

arghhhhh blimmmey not been posting for a long time too busy yard took over my life as per the norm .......

yard still busy with antifoul schemes lift and get thta ole botoom dunn on all them boots 

been moving stuff around the yard and trying to get rid orf some orf the ole stuff 

we have sold alot of boat last few months with our sister boat sales side of the buisness

not bad results for an ole ruff boot yard i say ......we sell boats yar knaw ....!!!!!

been on travels to help other breakdowns and  rescues etc 

still bit behind with some works but go alot done in last few months 

went on travel to buy a another boot for the infamaous " mr B "  well done naother to the fleet 

nice big ole girl now need some more yachts please 

yard all up side down with the clear out losing some classic boat,s this last few week sold to new homes etc ,shame but i have to realize i can,t do them all 

lots of people come on yard had to help some nice families with a few issues too on the water all sorted 

met some orf the forum nutter,s  too ,now orf my land ....................with a gun up yer **** .....!!!!!

nice to see some ole customer,s  too 

blimmey got my first winter boat two weeks ago ,some one is in early ,too early for me ......

winter booking filling up now ...................

been zipping about ere there and every where last weeks or so to view boats for customer for boat sales so got to see lots and meet some great people and source some fantastic bargain,s  and nice boat,s  to match to new owners ................lucky people ..............well done all record,s  broken 

lots orf dogs on yard with owner chasing them around ..................

"ziggy " the goose is still her despite his arthritic legs but has got new wind now, with his new girl friend called " suzie  "   little stud muffin ..................................

dam rian in  last few months   has caused the dam rudd to move and back to mess again argh well get the digger out again..................

lifted some cracking selection orf craft  from modern plastic for quick prop change to a sinking classic woodie yachts too 

transport in and out during the weeks with both self loading hiab loorys in same day in and out and orf to collect and deliver those boot s  all over the uk and abroad 

wild life quite active with the otters and kingfishers busy and the perch chasing there supper in the early eves

all the swans have come to show orf there  young too and they are all little darlings ....

at last a sight to see, as i type this ,nice fluffy clouds with a bit of blue sky and at last no wind  .....no rain 

will be a pleasure to .....................

so i do moan and get depressed but i,m a lucky chap despite all the streees etc ..all my own yar now 

there is a little sayin...................................

i thourgth i was unlucky  too , not to have  any shoes, till i meet the chap " who had no feet " ........!!!!!!!!

so i,ll get orf me **** and get out side now to get some work dunn, meet customers and work on me yard ......

just one more coffee and with all three sugrs to help me goo .........................

• Like 6

will have a little tale to tell in next week or so as we travel orf to collect two woodies from far away place 

we will fight the ole tides from the south and those winds too  the trip will be full of boring ole stories and i will mount me ole head cam and waffle on about some ole sqiit so yer all can see it on that yer yub thangeey......

here is the water ........................here is the bow ....................here is the sky .............!!!!!!!

arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh phewwww....................

enjoy ......................................

Here was me thinking that he had retired :naughty:  Instead he's been playing with boats of all kinds, and making a tidy sum know doubt too :naughty:Nice to see yer ditys back on line Jon.  :clap  :clap  :clap cheers Iain.

Nah Iain, I gave him a poke with me quant pole, was fast asleep lazy But??er

Doug.

• Like 1

a sad day has come to leave some of my collection 

good old " annie " is off to be rebuilt 

powles tow boat from the 1930/40s 

a tear in my eye .................................. :cry

never mind off to collect some more in next week or so bigger boots too .....!!!!!!!!!

one with twin too and both classic can,t wait 

in yer face ................................................wife not too pleased either ......!!!!!! :wave

obsesive boat collect and general junk disorder with a hint orf scitso and mentla unstably and new long beard a lite uss too  

next pic of a huge engine room on a one off build, 500hp in there ,now orf to test the ole radar gun orf the loal fuzz....???????

twin turbo ford with bery short exhaust too no for these quite waters .......

naw then look at thee speed orf this , quick dunn river with a huge motor and large wake and rooster tale ...........

rite ole mix bag of boot s in the other day in slip too ..................

ziggy and new bird ....................................arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

ziggi stardust and susi quatro ..............posh bird , posh names on ole dusty boot yrd too 

got great ole friend in one orf shudds this last week or so a loverly powles classic who we have known a whille too 

she will leave looking nice and brigth too well done sir and his miisus  for looking after her .......dunn us all proud 

bourgth from us and looks really well 

nice and busy this week end too lots to see and doo ............................

orf  my land with ole shot gun up yer **** ................................

rite orf to work ................................

post-24077-0-39221000-1409508022_thumb.j

post-24077-0-16019500-1409508296_thumb.j

post-24077-0-37881300-1409508472_thumb.j

post-24077-0-25066500-1409508574_thumb.j

post-24077-0-66529500-1409508751_thumb.j

post-24077-0-84105200-1409509166_thumb.j

• Like 5

well blast me down with a brush I say .........

last few weeks have been a bit orf blurr

boats in and out ..........

boat s for sales are what we expect from now till 23 rd dec ..........all sold ....and selling too

they are going like hot cakes too ..........

yard lifts are are in and out ,we are getting ready for our trip to collect boats from far later today

so plenty of feul ,trade plates and bodies to help with this one

get the tides rite and go through the nite too .............

we look forward to accept these boats to our yard .....................

at last no rain sshhhhhhhh............for two days now ....great ........

phun is on melt down ..................

goose is busy with his new bird ....!!!!!

yard is still at nite with great sunsets and no wind

so no midnite sails for us on barton this week ..............

loads of fish and some cracking perch being caught ............

restos in shed coming along now and look a treat more on that one later ...

better get on now ...........works to do..................

• Like 3

well that was a turbulent last few days .........................

meet customer who came for chat about boots nad boot stuff "just in for a trunk "

then 3 1/ 2 hrs later walkaway with a large boat under there arms ......blimmey

just done  a 24 non stop boat move and I,m tied and legs ache too so off tto moan at wiffe and lick dogs too ohh kick the dogs ...!!

got some boat transport to sort out and launch a  few too

nice to see some old friends whilst out and about this last week from the old hire fleet days old memories too ............

shame to see the nelson and berney closd too .................

off to sleep and work now

• Like 4

well got a rest and three hrs sleep in the end atfter going constant for 24 hrs ,didn,t think ill stay asleep or awake !!!!

all boats  back safe and sound with owners new and old all pleased all round 

yard is drying out ,after last deluge of narfolk floods no more rain please ...........................

boats are coming and going too more to arive in next few days .........................

lots of happy people with new toys ........................

last week got a call from a cutomer who said .................................i found a boat .......!!!!ohhh dear .....

he we go again ...................................

so wait for foriegn bloke to travel form the far away smoke land in his posh ole motar....later in morn .collect my self and my adviser on all cross channel long distnace sea trips with all the sea experience as she was coming from a far away place with a nite crossing plannned ...............................

so orf to brundall we gooo...............!!!!

set foot on posh yard with nice freindly yard owner an d boat seller to meet nice couple of ole blokes ...

doo yer accept rough ole boys ................???

so we spent the rest of morn looking talking and digesting all over this super transition cruiser with a great little history 

once all questions asked and engine run and all inspected with my best screw driver poking hole,s where there were none, we all shook hand s to wait for the next fourteen days of negotiations to proceed..............

a call later .............much later with  at last the purchase was complete on a another broom to enter the wayford stable so all concerned vey happy

nice ole boot too but she had to be moved asap along with another too  ...............................

so of to same zone with passport in hand to check out the other true classic woodie ................

so a classic transition boat form the broom stable  and a very grand ole gril from 1927 full blown wood top and bottom are to make the wild trip across the narflok land pond 

the 1927 woodie was inspected to see if she was a leaker sinker and and gooer too ..................

after a inspection of all important stuff like where to put beer, how to make coffee and can we put whisky glass on dash with it  ooot  vibrating orfff wasting it to help strip varnish orrf the floor ........!!!

so engines checked and bilge pump operating elec and manaul one too, as she could be a rough ole trip and the weather could close in at any time crossong this vast expanse from north to south yar now 

the other crew were to collect the broom while i stayaed at the helm of the classic 1927 ship 

we moved from posh marina and raft up along side of the woodie unplug the 240 volt link to the shore and fired up the modern twin diesels ,whaeeey were orf ......................cast off all the knitting or customer rope tying 

push that  ole broom away from me and i.ll use the twin engine on the woodie to manover way from the resting place where she has been for many a year , with lots orf grunt and skill to pull her away from a mud soaked berth and lots or sturring she was free to go whare she wants ..............

the new crewe  of the broom went of in front, while i dun a complete 360 to asecrtian the ships well being and general **** around  well had to play ........!!!!!

so nice little plod dun past all the gin palces and the birth pace or the broom in front with a tip of the ole hat to respect orf her birth place ..................

soon leave brundall and coldham hall to see the sister ship of another broom we have from the 45 foot family only four built yar now 

she does like nice too ..................................better make a start on ours soon ............!!!!!!

so far all good ......................steady temps, steady speed not too  much wash and nice water level in yer bilge with no rise nor wet feet ..................................!!!!

we left at 2.30 pm in the noon with a fair wind and tide, nice bright day and  med traffic to cope with on the " yare crossing " so all good ........................

blimmey this will be good , last time we did this we towed four back so not use to so little around me ...........nice 

to be continued................................and bore yer some more  

post-24077-0-23352800-1410074180_thumb.j

post-24077-0-66534200-1410074282_thumb.j

post-24077-0-75484000-1410074400_thumb.j

• Like 7

arghh but i did admire the rope tying ..................................!!!!??????

i like the ole wilds top craft conversion good idea should orf been more popular i reckon 

mr bill topless had some good idea s and the cavaran one was a dam good one 

opps i digress ....................................

but i do ,do the bath tub, concrete etc not just a one booot man ye knaw 

if its worth saving i,ll get it .................................................

mentla yep thats me ..................XXXXXX!!!!!!???????

wife has lose cause, she says ..................................

more on trip  stora later ................

i love all booat what ever flots yer boot il,m with yer 

met some nice people today too busy for a sunday too ...........

even took a crewe dun river in the old clasic for a see how its dun type of thang 

both engis flatt out, naw catch me mr river ranger ...............!!!!!!!

well had to do it .......................

and it was nice to see ole brundall too bring back memoires of  "taxi ride break downs " and other stories too 

ohhh how we larf..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

ohh met a nice ole steel wide beam narrow boat last week bloody nice bloke but soom upset him too ....

orf my land and no fishing rules soon put him to bed ,,,,,,,,,,,,.........................

good after noon sir and he does have a nice boot tooo ..................so sorry he is in my next door person yard ...??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes the brundall trip and resue another next .i digress yet gain ,must be me age .............numbtie...

• Like 1

back to trip ,yard stuff and boots and dogs etc etc etc .................

thank yer mr ferry man to let us goo good ole boys too

stop at reedham  village and get some ole fresh waater in the posh boot ....the broom

toolate for cakes  .dammm

these ole broom boots have to have fresh waater every few miles, silly sods ................

so moor up talk to ole mate at the sanderson place ...................alrite jon ...!!!!

meet a few admire from one or two passers buy too

then water tank full take mick out orf some ole plastics moored up and take long hard look at what to do next ............................pub ...............EASY ...

had to wait for ole farther tide .........................

like all in narfolk land itee take time yar now

post-24077-0-73021000-1410287872_thumb.j

• Like 3

rite back orf after a fill up with food and drink ..not too much yar knaw ............

thank mr land lord orf the ole ship ....................reedham ..............................ummmmmmmmmm......

back to boots  in the dark .........................check all good then orf to yarco land i fear .......

plenty rooom under swing bridge and nose in to main stream and awaaaaaay

ehh upppp...........................whats this ..............................."fog "..................................

and as we progress to yarco its getting worse, sea fret from ole north sea .................and it freeting me .....

slow but sure we creep along go to make beurny arms by midnite ..............................

in nad out of the main stream with care dodging the swells and making slow progress through the smog ......

with the broomm in front leading way with great ole hudge beam of light which was" as musch good as a turtle with mud flaps "...........................!!!!!

we made the mill adn moor for the rest of wait for ole man tide ..............................

just miss the bruud authorata barge, as not lite up and the ole smog was really like me by naw ......"thick "

steady moor up .tie up sort ropes oot and wait for the drop to get orf to yarco ...........

brrrrr bit chillly will need little snifter from the stock of  "mr b" stock orf fine imported hard stuff ,all for merdisonal of coarse.......................

once we had a fill and digest orf the quite ,listen to the ole mooos from the marshes at halvergate great noise and  rustle from dykes and reeeds as the nite animals move around ....................nice 

we set orf to complete the crossing .....................................

nice nad slow across breydon missing the the seals and dodging the odd post .............................

we never make mistakes but .......................we did go rung side orf post and got a bit too close to the seals barsking on the mud ...!!!!!

lucky soon  "hard to starboard " and back in main stream again opssss......................................................

soon inn open water with clear view as we enter the asda bend ,smog clearer now and up the bure with care .................

broom in front and me behind in ole classic 1927 ...................now then laets wake sum of them ole hires up as we plod up the bure ...!!!!!

last pic is my view from wheel house when it day lite !!!!!! and no posh ole search lite for me we had to remove from roof as the ole girl was a bit on high side to clear them ole bridges ......................well made it to easy other wise 

post-24077-0-33445100-1410414966_thumb.j

post-24077-0-84293700-1410415087_thumb.j

post-24077-0-25073700-1410415161_thumb.j

post-24077-0-86025900-1410415795_thumb.j

• Like 5

yard has  got probs .......................................

not enough day lite hrs ...........................................

not enough room ..........................

just taken in a great ole steelie........................

just pull oot a ole plastic..............or two .................

luanch a nice ole woodie from one of shuds ................tooo well dun mr .........................she doo look fine 

got a vsit today from alocal witha fantastic little launch with atwist ....

ex little ships life booot ,nice all alloy with new iroko internals and a new motortoo ....................

built 1969 and look great, great little boot well dun sir and madam and nice to see 

blimmey its as old as me ..............................

very busy day for boat sale  team today well dunnn again record broken and lots of happy customer too nice to meet some loverly people too ..............................

message for my mate " mr frank" ....................................yer can breathe now  and rest it yours ..................no stress....!!!!!! 

will sort oot in morn lifts and such , orf hum now for some scoff and fill 

little sun set over the ole yard as i leave ................................not too dark .....................but getting darker ...........!!!!

post-24077-0-62314600-1410416049_thumb.j

post-24077-0-16167200-1410416235_thumb.j

post-24077-0-11189300-1410416396_thumb.j

post-24077-0-39270000-1410416539_thumb.j

post-24077-0-19675300-1410416601_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hi, Just to say enjoy reading the tales about Wayford all the way from Singapore. My profile pic is a picture of one of the Vietnamese wooden boats which where used when the boat people fled a few years back. Lovely old wooden boats - some still in use here in Singapore!!

• Like 4