a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

more works more boats and no rain thank yuo god .....!!!!!!!

launch several at mo big turn round ........................

get them in and orf my land ................!!!!!

lots orf engines to service outboards and in boards legs works to do etc.............

was welding some alloy props when welder decided to pac up ,my fault left job til llast and had to see ole mate to get them done..............some one had to bail me out orf the dog doooo..............!!!!

all done now ..............in early this morn to get first early lift on to transport to leave us, back to whar she come .love seeing boot s back and forth over the years from france to trent ,thames and ouse etc

they all seem to turn round on a 4/5 year cylce back and forth to broads ...............!!!

boat shed busy with wood works ,varnish works and painting .................

tanks to install,yard to tidy up and soon me grass will need to be cut ..................

post-24077-0-63473600-1396323920_thumb.j

• Like 2

20 to 5,,,you were an early bird this mornin,,,

when you start waking at 3 a.m and start drinking tea your officially old! 

With transporters to meet and get on their way I guess it has to be dawn of crack!!

Anyway,, Cast off!

The Lime green one that is and the foot is back in a shoe so another visit this weekend to get more done

Have a good day Jon 

• Like 1

i,ll work if it need doing and work till its done but i,m tied and old naw and need me sleep ........................

lots todo as always ............................................

long day for boat yard as a whole we are flatt out at mo 

only missing one enginner darn it ..........................

all boat builders in full flow and paint work very slow as we are creating aload of dust .......................

up with my crack this morn .............................thnaks bazza.....................!!!!!!

lift nice little hampton been in for three years too wiped her bum and sat on land 

strip decks on a freeman .remove yrs orf ole paint build up

put posh antifoul on sea boot as she is going to a drying out berth on the coast ...........

service diesels from twin cylinders to up to date four stroke outboards and a leg service on a mercruiser too

fixed the boys two stroke screeming ped now does the speed orf light with alittle tweek er and thaw 

collected a clasic broom speed boat nice little boat , from  a well maintianed nice chap too 

shell soon have a big ole lump on back to cruise the waves with ease .....??????

only one break down today spining raw water pump impellar .................bit strange as quite new but not my normal manufacture choice customer supplied that  one .............................

orf to bed naw as knakererd....................

• Like 2

whaheey on it today and big up to the boat world ......................................

i,m a lier i,m shot to bits its all too much ........................................

anyway here is some pics ........................

wood on wood a name plaque for a plastic laying on some more new rubbing strakes 

shed looking messey full of works plastic to strip and woodie in back still getting paint on her hull.................

our friends from quinto loading and orf we go.....................................

a nice pic orf " flight " leaving us after her winter moor with three men in a boat what a sleek broads yacht owned by local lord and lady ,we have the posh here too ya naw .....................

naw boys straight to mooring .....no pub .............!!!!!!

post-24077-0-04814500-1396418150_thumb.j

post-24077-0-25138400-1396418269_thumb.j

post-24077-0-84800000-1396418445_thumb.j

post-24077-0-11319100-1396418737_thumb.j

• Like 2

more jobs to do more boats in and out we love them all ..................

some happy customers with good news and bad 

bit orf a sad ole week we lost a very great comical cheerfull character, dear alan  keep surfing in the ocean  me ole mate ....................regards and thourgths with his wife and family.............play some sabeth and have a can  ...!!!!!

we have been flatt out this week  phone ring orf the ole hook and visit some loverly woodies too 

what with a collection orf broom speed boats in house and broom cruisers too 

launched quite a few too this week 

been a naughty boy too ........................

went for a sail on ole barton today and blooming lovely it was too in a classic pegg yacht with its owner and a very experienced  man too at the helm with all yachts orf all sorts ,nice quite gentle sail round barton....

well i can bunk orf some time ,but got back to yard to two waiting customers wanting me attention

and at least i had and got dinner bourgth for me a meal fitt for kings the ole cod and chips gerkin and ole pickle egg.ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

got an engine in this week a great little fourstroke ,man said just had it serviced.um with bits and water in feul,,, my **** ...............

and to finish one orf me boring ole sunset spring eve shots ........what a still eve on way back 

post-24077-0-27686600-1396645195_thumb.j

post-24077-0-59577600-1396645433_thumb.j

post-24077-0-43679500-1396645577_thumb.j

post-24077-0-41580200-1396645782_thumb.j

• Like 2

i,ll bore yer with me wafi pics ...........................

naw than is that a jibby thang that do alot orf flappping ....................

well it does with us as we are not true wafi boys .................

nice eve on barton ..................and no one else aprt from them ole hires boots running up and dun a polite wave and tiporf the ole hat to yuo ...............................

two boys standing next to the rigging ....................taken in the view ..............................or putting the worlds to rite .....

waffle on a wafi ................................!!!!

lots or strange roop ,hanging dun from that bit orf ole bamboo with the seleeping bag on it ..........all strange to me ....

start the engine and stop that zig zagging up and dun me river out orf me way .......................

it was nice to get orf the sailing base from wayford and get some sailin dun naw i,m going to go out in my 8 foot prm dinggeey and make a foolorf me self................

see i,m not all about doin 90mph with me 250 hp up me ole chuff on the river i can wafi too yer naw ..................

post-24077-0-23491600-1396673380_thumb.j

post-24077-0-93831600-1396673641_thumb.j

post-24077-0-29180800-1396673946_thumb.j

• Like 2

we have been a little busy today ................

my new name collect a boat......................

this one was in a garden my fav way to collect a boat 

quick phone call at noon today and at 5 pm she was on her way back to wayford rescue centre

nice and gentle with this ole girl we can do it ..............................

what a team with gmr on one side and a good ole team from wayford  it was done in a jiffy and nice and safe too 

lorry was delayed in norwich so we had to wait ,nothing for it roll a fag .....

once chris and the lorry and his daughter were in place as they were busy too three boat,s  in one day wow.......!!!!!!

post-24077-0-61088900-1396989840_thumb.j

post-24077-0-00148200-1396990072_thumb.j

post-24077-0-38955200-1396990282_thumb.j

post-24077-0-93684000-1396990532_thumb.j

• Like 2

naw back to the ole rirte whaey orf talkin .......................

this boat is a rescue and to add to our ever in creasing collection orf craft .................

the classic 1930,s broads yacht took some doing to get hold orf due to the three attempts to remove the yacht from the great chaps garden ............................

but with chris and his superb lift set up we can do its and we did .........!!!!

she was built by collins and with he non painted hull and all wood exposed cabin side in solid mahog she will in -deed look the dogs again .................

now resting in her new hum at the yard ,i will be in rit earlt this morn to get her moved from middle orf the ole yard to one side so we can get on with day to day running orf me ole yard ......

we work while others sleep .........................john boats 24 hrs yer naw...................eat and breathe boots ............... 

pics are orf the keel and what is left of the part dead wood being lifted to the lorry as this is a bit orf ole iron and heavey

secound pic is orf us dun the rud at horning....................come on chris keep up ................

all back at the wayford base with a blue sky as a welcome site great after noon moving boot s ....

and now as i goo hum i turn to see me ole mate the swan come to say hello and in spect the latest arivall with his head shacking .......muttering ..................why ,not a another one ...........yer mad ..................!!!!!!

with the rest orf the yard flatt out ........queen is having her decks fitted now and we are workinh as hard as we can to get boot ready for easter ,lots orf engine works to doo alot orf boat,s  broken at mo to work through...........over heating ,blocked fuel lines ,season servicing ,inverters not working and blocked toilets  works goes on ..............................

nice early start today no rian and dry day yippeeeeeeeeeee..............

oh forgot to mention i,m orf this week to collect a broom speed boat and look at another woodie rescue ..........!!!!!!!!!

post-24077-0-92917400-1397015039_thumb.j

post-24077-0-73511200-1397015258_thumb.j

post-24077-0-92540000-1397015583_thumb.j

post-24077-0-78804500-1397015739_thumb.j

• Like 2

I went to see about this boat last year whist Les was still alive, while I was looking inside her I realised that the fire in the oil drum outside was being fuelled by the doors,drawers and all the other internal bits of 'Cavalier' !

Most of the hull was in remarkably good nick as she had been extensively worked n before being 'put  away' the rest is shot, I was going to cut the sheer down aft and put a open deck on her to make a launch but thought better of it. The stem was split not due to rot but a dumper ran into her in the 90s..

The garden will look a lot bigger now, !

• Like 1

her ewe goo again ................................................

loads to do taday launched loads yesterday ...........................................

got quite a few in this week end to lift and store ...........................

got to share this one ................man pulls up in posh car ask a few tentverly quesstion explaining he left a boat here about 6 yrs gao ...................................and did,nt pay ........................6yrs ...............!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

is it still here ....................

can i pay the bill..............................

how much ......................?????

my replies ..........................................

no ............................no.....................no....................

ye having alarf.....................................................

6yrs interest %................6 yers land stroage .................umm i,m in the money ................15 % late fee too 

bill will be .................£££££££££££.s....................

ORF MY LAND ..........................RARGGTHER QUICK I SAY ....................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

rie i,m orf to varnish the new yacht this week end and in water .......for a sail ......................

ohhh clive with some new doors toooo.....................................!!!!  mdf orf coarse ...........

i know i can be a bit slow with works but thta was taken the biscuit ........................

back to boot yard stuff ..............

I love me staff and extra help when I need it to

this si a specila thank u to all the boys and girls who help me run me ole yard ......."THANK YUO "

WITH OUT YUO LOT THE YARD WOULD BE DEAD ......

more boats to move today from one end of yard t o other

got to make way for new boat in on land

good ole boys keep them coming

waiting for classic woodie from deepest yarshire land on Monday from our friesnd at Beverley transport to deliver its a biggi

we are running around like silly things to get all boats engine works done too

elcs to sort and general service works to do too......

trouble sum water systems ems and break downs too

met a nice chap testerday with a really clean mint 22 birch wood and shed did shine .......well done sir ....

more boat for sale in last weeks or so ready for new owners some needing works and others ready to go .....

a mix of old and modern ......

made some nice calls to owners long term on land advise them I,ll be moving yer boot down to the "awaiting preparation area,s "

describe to a chap that his boat was fit for a shed fibrs glass du to bottom nearly leaving the the hull ....

not seen one that bad for a while yer naw..........

• Like 4

For the uninisiated I shall translate.  And I thought my elequent Scots english was a little none to clever. Jon as in Yon Narfolk requires those who were at Bletchly Park to translate!

Would a localite from Norfolk kindly translate what he is saying.The murder polis is a local expression from my neck of West Scotland. Now do you understand? :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

friday was amental day .........................

how fast can i run rund ,..........................

had a nice toilet tank split on the yard with a nice eroma of the bestes effluwent waffting in the air soon made a few by stander sleave me alone for a while .....

soon had the tank ooot and repiared and installed again .........................

stil trying to finish orf two painitng jobs ..............................not long naw .....

had a chance to teach some more waffi lessons to a ole london chap so quick trip to barton with wind up our chuff and a little help from motor when needed to get to broads in double quick time .....

nice little sail on the brud and mad rush back to lock yard ,get **** in gear meet wif and rug rats orf to local ish pub for music ,the boys done well and got some bookings and large donation from a chap toward,s more equimpment .................well done boys ...............

we rana mini bus from our end to take drunkers back to boatyard to sobber up              

i was a driver and on the ole coke ............................ the band roadie ......

good nite had by all...........................

• Like 1

up at dawn and ready to go .............

little bit orf my day at yard ...............

outboard to finish service launch little boot on trailer ...

done ..............

acid clean hull on yacht to make lok like new again ......

done ............

meeting with customer for a boat on sale and sold it too ..

done .............

lift wooden broads yacht for inspection orf bottom all good and pressure wash .

done ................

gloss hull on a Hampton last coate on this one I hope ....

done ..............

discuss some up and coming jobs on boots with customers

done ....

genral waffle around yard meet and greet .............

done too.............

move a classic restoration out orf shed and into water nice nad easy ............

done ..............

rebuild a rawater pump ready for Monday .........

done ............

suck out bilge on a boat and check bige pump all ok .

done .............

lift another,32 foot wide beam clean bottom and chock in to shed ..................

well nearly done that .............lost heart, will power and energy to finish that will come in on sunday and finish ready for expecting customer s................

rite fish and chips and quick sail dunn river with an ole mate .....

then orf hum......................