a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

if i tell yer i,ll killl yer ............................

welll we sand the wood to bare or till good base first ..................

if bare we fine sand with 150 grit then 240 grit 

appply serveral coates orf sealer ie polyurethane ore water based or single pack celllilose all depends where it going etc 

all coats are denibbed befor hand  with 240 grit then nearer the final finish a 320 grit 

varnish is orf choice ie water based or two pack or single oil based 

smitth and rogers.............ravilack .........international or comon as muck good ole quality the best is in the prep and finish ,seal well and last well..........................

pick and choose yer type for yer needs .....................

watch them forign wood as they can hide lots orf oils 

don,t let me loose with a brush i norm make amees.......

• Like 2

WELL I TRIED TO CONVFINCE THE CUSTOMER .....................................

but the old age adiiseeeee..................

the boot yard man is always rite .......................

i could orf glued it back together ................

more stuff dun this week work till late too get it dun ......

more gloss on boots..........................

engine deliveries from far away land in vans ...................................

wood from local wood suppplier with ole truck to unload................

nice moudings from are ole mate mr collins  in wroxham 

meet new customer with a dog so very welcome too just like the old dufuss dog orf ours 

but a bit better behaved ..............................

playing with a green volvo arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................start yer dam thing ......

and still trying to get a finish nice and shinny..........

had a delive orf sum small amount orf rudd plannigs this week , ready for flatt the rud and puddle filled  when it dries, so i,m trying to make start........honest ...........

still tryiong to cram more boot s in too 

nice to meet goodole boys who deal  in boots so irf yer want boat to sell or buy i,m sure we can help...............a coolective  we orf coarse ............

nice little ole frost this week in the morns and water still low ............plug been pulled yer naw .......................

even let the boys have a ride dun river to deliver a boot back to it s correct moorings 

well i,m nice sum times ...................

lots orf fisher folk here this week and one or two boots go by too................

meeting with customer to decide on new cabin side style for his rebuild ..........

quick tour on a woodie we rebuilt inside to gain some spec and ideas   nice insett wooden panel for galley fronts and hidden fridge too

modern wet room with a solid wood duck board floor tooo................

more meeting with customer for sat and discuss works and plans for there boots tooo

did a very naughty thing .......................

i didn,t go to work all day ,,not even popped in .........................

had to get eye sorted can,t see old age etc ..........................

but bieng a bit orf topic i watch the expert in the ole eye world sort me out and she asked ,"did yer want to see yer eye ......????? ".............ohh yes i said....

naw then when i looked at he back orf me eyes  i asked what the white shaded semi circle bits were .............

she explained that as she new my history, work wise etc that was prob a damage caused by welding .......arc eye to be exact .....................

i explained while welding the queen orf the broads up for a mods and dot inspection my self and fellow welding buddy both got arc eye as we spent weeks working on her ...........

ouch ...............ouch ...................sun burn face and sore eyes and headaches

yes we did wear the correct helmut etc but it reflected from each other ......grrrrrrr...

so it was a little boot related, even did wander orf topic..............and even on a day orf, still had a boat issue ............

Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear about your eyes, it tends to feel like grit in them, masks or head mounted are great but you can't see a thing until you have struck up an arc.

I have done a bit in the past same with brazing but preferred the brazing.

Hope you get better soon.

A day off.

What's the world coming to.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

opps the post should have a date when i was weldin it was late 80 early nities ..............

white spot s in back orf eye was from way back, i was in for mot on the ole eye sight 

i use automatic welding shield naw no worries .................

welding is rough but incredibly  tough.......!!!!!!!

did a very naughty thing .......................

i didn,t go to work all day ,,not even popped in .........................

had to get eye sorted can,t see old age etc ..........................

but bieng a bit orf topic i watch the expert in the ole eye world sort me out and she asked ,"did yer want to see yer eye ......????? ".............ohh yes i said....

naw then when i looked at he back orf me eyes  i asked what the white shaded semi circle bits were .............

she explained that as she new my history, work wise etc that was prob a damage caused by welding .......arc eye to be exact .....................

i explained while welding the queen orf the broads up for a mods and dot inspection my self and fellow welding buddy both got arc eye as we spent weeks working on her ...........

ouch ...............ouch ...................sun burn face and sore eyes and headaches

yes we did wear the correct helmut etc but it reflected from each other ......grrrrrrr...

so it was a little boot related, even did wander orf topic..............and even on a day orf, still had a boat issue ............

• Like 3

bit orf a week to do little jobs again .......................

couple in for anitifoul and lifts ............................

nice booat they are tooo

works on queen and rebuilod broads cruiser coming along ......

ripping bulkheads out or a seamaster in superb condition apart fron year orf a water ingress to affect the ends of the bulk heads and caused water damge and dergraded wood too..........

sold another too.........................

project boot and to a good home will be soon on water .....................

away this week by river to collect a little afrt cockpit rescue boot and she is a little gem 

cruise back under her own steam once engine was fettled and checked alll the way 

great little trip in between the rain showers........

meet the coots and the plovers and golden eyes  and just a mile befor base a king fisher doing well above the speed limit too...........................

nice still water on trip till on open stretch from salhouse to ant mouth as wind in face and chillly it was too................

for a boat or that design she left hardly any wash and kept a good passage too

few inches to spare on wroxham bridge and loads under ludham ................

barton looks bare ntis time orf year with out the floating base orf the punt club and nancey old field s wooden blocks bobbing around ........

chasing day boot in the pic two were out both from the fineway stable looking nice as per norm steve .....

other pic is orf the massive fog that came dun from naw where .....

naaaa.............its the crapppy old perspex widows in the front screen ,so removed the one on helm side to see out orf rest or jounrney

thats better and fog all goone .........................!!!!!!!

toilet break were taken in style with the new stainless top grade facilties on board            saucepan ...............!!!!!

this was a two man crewe job as the boat was unkown adn both neede a jolly dun the river ........

post-24077-0-09975300-1391246739_thumb.j

post-24077-0-85032700-1391246858_thumb.j

• Like 1

only dam let dun was no alcohol as we were on duty and not propr dinner ..............

woolie hat and gloves were on full alert to .......

nice trip on a good day ............

4 hrs orf nice ole slow pace bit strange for me I know .....

I prefer 30/55 mph on the water me self, ohh hum rules ....!!!!!

• Like 1

any one and i mean any one is welcome to come with me when i do a trip far or wide 

mr muzbaz yer know i,m ready for the trip orf a life time time when yer ready 

yuo can come on  my yard to meet us and my staff the dogs or talk cobblers at tea time and put the wolds to rite tooo.......

a gentle cruise dun the canal and break neck speed back 

or a little ride round the reefs at seapalling by the coast 

or as sail on barton any time .............

fishing the basin or a walk round the grave yard ......

bring yer wellies in winter and yer sun hat in summer ........

• Like 1

more works dun this week.............................

antifoul a modern classic 

new white stripes to make her look the dogs .........

new rubbers in a plastic 

hard wood orf coarse and epoxy glued joints stainless screws and sealed back ends etc etc ........

i got asked today if a paint job on a hull was one orf my spray jobs .............naaaaaaa

i said its a roller finish whaoaaaa he said that to me is a compliment ........

please note that the dark blue hull on this classic hardy 25 superb it is but as with most orf the dark blue hull s , the hull has had a repaint from the original gel due to colour fade ,milkyness and too much compound and excesssive poish technics

all quite common on modern dark finishes of the time ..................

ligth fast and uv compliant paints /gels etc are much better now but at the time orf build this was the bestr was avail .......

bit orf topic i owned a certian very fast eastern europen car which had a marooon paint works it was one year old and with in a year it lost its guts as we would say ,cloudy and no deep shine depth .....................

i know it was fast as a certian famous yard owner s son was disgruntled as to looose the local race home in his latest ford 4*4 with an engine twice the power ...........

ahh skill and style win the day .......!!!!!!!!!!

more teak laid decks on a classic woodie make the engine hatch fitt .........

post-24077-0-49034800-1391288857_thumb.j

• Like 1

just please remember all i do is take pics and sit on me **** ..............

ant wood work boat butchery is dun by the teams 

the teak laid deck on this one was one orf matts jobbies and alrite too it is 

well dun sir yer skills are welcome 

don,t  let me near a pices orf wood ................................!!!!!!!

comments duly noted jon thanks ...........................

Up to early this day.......

lots to think about.....

sat in bunk was asleep on the boat woken by hard rain on the cabin roof

stayed on boat at yard nice a d still with little moon showing

2.48the clock said .........grrrrrrr.....

arghhh well at least saw the little window leak in main cabin from bad screw in frame

yard so silent and dam egytian geese were asleep too....

boys been busy during norm hrs with three days worth of work chopping new wood for new cabin sides and furniture for two rebuild s

will the rain stop ....ummmmmmmmmmmm

wayford broads are full to the top......

river is creeping up too

barometer is telling me 884mb nas stuck on the part on the scale that says rain ....well I never saw that coming

winds light .............

grey clouds

and temp turned to chill factor

perfect got three boat to move today and get wet again ....

spent all day yesterday in meetings and meet new customers too

had a coffee with some nice people in wroxham from the ole days dear hire fleet days I d miss them .......

new transom in little boat dun now and new rubbing strakes all set on another in shed too

phunn a ringing again and lots to see on sat this week

nice visit even though a bit rushed at a sports cruiser for sale to give appraisal and find trade buyers for craft for quick sale won,t be here too long nice boat just clean it .....

got nearly full team in at mo whoppie.........

• Like 1

still busy and behind with jobs ........

sat in office waiting for a very important call can only deal with in office so knees under desk and sat on **** .....!!!

mock up for new galley in boat pic below

water is rising now as rain for hrs and just stopped now

spent Saturday plumping a new water system in boat in cubords up side down on back ...just the way I like it

post-24077-0-46186900-1392050052_thumb.j

post-24077-0-31112600-1392050107_thumb.j

• Like 2

whilst fibre glassing a bulkhead in a boat and listening to the dam wind and rain and thourght how lucky i have been ..............................................

rain ......rain .....rain ..............................

ohhhh wind ..then a gust orf good ole wind with rain ........................arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

i,m trying to work lift boats last few days has been an **** they are wet enough as it is ......

even managed to get the digger out for an hour or so................might be able to do rud......hahhhh.....

now this morning is a beaut , almost summer days ere ......

blue sky blue sky.......................now i can see the earths roof ........................

as on thurs last week in the morning it was nearly time for tee shirt only...................

dogs are barsking in the sun while i,ll rite this blimey ......................

quite a few covers blown to pieces and stuff every where.................

office did shake and shed doors did heave in and out a few times...............

i have had wet clothes every day from waist down for weeks so it will be nice just to have wet feet .....!!!!

from my puddles  of coarse..............................!!!!

had a nice deliv driver come this week and decided to knock a boat orf its stands....... opppps.......

what a numptie..........................i didd,nt see it ...........................

err 24 foot and deep vee hull and huge flare to bow with a cone on the ground to warn of over hang too

need glasses..................????

all works a bit slow at mo very much behind the jobs at mo so big catch up now needed..........come on get on with it ...........................

spend more time workin instead orf typing might get more dun .......!!!!!

now orf to work guv honest .............................

• Like 1