a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

great day on sun day the wind died proper style ............................

yes and no rain .......................NO RAIN.................all day .....................

wayford broads level did drop too...............................

preselaed some more bulkheads ....................

moved some rubble around in a poor excuse for a diggger driver ........................

quick visit to my yard neighbour to see they have had some more trees down ...........and a genral check to see all ok 

hipperson will go into water on mon or tuesday does it look alot better and with new decks and top covering too 

well down all concerned there ...................

took delivery of a 33 foot  fast fisher this last week with her twin engines and nav gear and all the vhs stuff and fishfinders proper boys toys............

so look like we will be out on the ole north sea soon and trips to far aswell.........................

once she had had a good clean leg inspection and antifoul for her bottom 

boats safety works and polish hull and make them great ole lumps run nice shell be orf ..........

owner is getting excited tooo....................

rebuild orf broads cruiser is coming along all new cabin sides wood is all machined now and the front bulk heads are made now stern cabin side being constructed all in solid mahog ...........................

queen is having all her hidden works done at mo  repair to bulk heads rails and beams ,new tank bases

etc lots of little fiddly jobs for alan to do 

we have usual lifts to do in and out 

wow blue sky ................................up there in the sky this morning.....................

sad day on sunday found a cygnet dead looks like it was trying to land or take off when wind gust made the bird hit the crane boom or a mast .after my dr jon m e ......i found it had a broken wing but the bird new it was bad as it was curled up with head tucked under wing.................arghhhhhh......................

well back to it ...............................

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well Jon must be busy on that there yard as it's been over a month since he's updated us with

amusing and interest facts and photos of working days at the marina ;))

I those that want to hear and see more should post here to spur him on for more of the above  :wave

• Like 4

ahh i see the wind doth blow again and dam rain did come to test me ,my yard and me dam ruds .....

we have in deed been busy and akll i wnat to do is work and sleep 

yards full to brim ,boats to lift orf trnasport boats to lift new ones in and old ones ooot 

out bords to service engine to build etc etc ..................

on top orf resto works .........yard works and ins jobs .....................

we have in last few week had three boats sinking to deal with from little ole ones to big uns .................

broken masts ...............busted legs drives ...............rottern rubbing strakes ......etc etc 

i,m in the proceees orf rescue two famous woodis one will arive on mondya pics to folow the othe rin next two weeks i hope 

we have sold quite a few boats again so lots of happpy people etc ....................

had a full yard last week with all staff in to many so got alot done with boat bulders busy and enginners moaning all was good .........................

wife kicking me **** and gooose drwaing blood from three silly customers .....orf my lands ...............

ahh welll oil leaks to trace hetaers to fix ,decdks to reinstall and wooden hulls to paint 

main shed needs nuck out again and some boats to move around 

more boat on transort next week 

seen some old friends in last month with great ole lorries and nice trailer 

and not for getting me ole mate mr tony tug boats of coarse with is loverly little ole set up for all the small stuff 

we acept them all the big stuff and small tooo

great to see so many people last few weelks customer s from far and near too 

most comments apart form the road is ohh mt god how many booot shave yer got .....?????!!!!!!!!

wooden boat fleet has been expandeing again anew yach to add to the collection for mr b again this time what a star 

so two boat in the ole thre rivers race may bee keep well away if i,m at the helm ia can find and muddy bank or tree for miles ..................sailors rule ..............up the wafis .................now where that v8.................

just one or two 

big thanks to my neighbour this last week for loan of extra equimpment to lift a sinker taaaaaaaaaaaaa......

when two were quite enogh .........................................another story for later 

must get on and lots to do ............................

bring on the sun i say ...................................................

• Like 7

blimmeey it pours curomers today ..not complaining but blimmey we were busy soooooo busy ...........

sold some more boats and need some more too better get looking

sorted some troublesome boats out and told a few silly customes sit and wait, stop fiddling and find the problems first ,stop reading tuc ineternt for too much info can confuse .....

office full yard busy with customers and see some good ole boys from the fens form other yards too

we have friends all over yer know ..........!!!!

last few sunken boats are still afloat and all is well ...

now where is me wet suit ...........

orf hum now and back in to morrow may be if I hav,t seen to mush falling dun water ..........

good boating all................

keep them coming .........

projects pics etc will do later just enough time to type and sleep .......

• Like 3

yard full ish squeese them in ...............

we had to put the next of boats in where i could as the majority orf boats on yard had not  moved due to rain and no private owner wanting to work on there pride and joys in the rain ......................

we have current about 280 boats on site at mo so a little bit tigth.........................

more to come from far and wide .................

post-24077-0-30070000-1395563916_thumb.j

• Like 1

There we go,,

Jabbing Jon with a sharp stick must have worked, daren't ask him to change the oil on my boat :-D

Joking,, don't need oil change,, honest guv.

Love the look of that oak top,, the magic that can be created with wood    :-p    Drool,,,

The problem with being good at what you do and what you offer will keep you in high demand.  Great but hard work!

wood to be be bent ,new rubbing strakes to fitt complete....................

wood in clamps is laminated to go round sharp bend on bow to refitt new rubbers all complete on craft 

cut and trimmed to ease bending and and all surface s are trus to hide joints .glued with epoxie of coarse

will go and collect two loverly wooodies this week to rescue  first job on monday to lift one stood for 30yrs  in a garden

two fantastic yachts which are in need of rebuild but we will save them ,motr to the fleet ............

they call wayford rescue college ,among other rude names 

alll i need now is another shed to start a boat bulding school .............................

well stranger things have happened......................??????

pic with hand in bilge shows the importance of a clean bilge  muck got stuck under float and stooped the bilge pump from operating ,hence float could not tilt to sense water ingress......................

working late and in the rainn my fav .......some times the day just goeoooossssssssssss

more up keep on tractor had some small new strops made last week ...........................ouch

we use several different types super wide for delicate woodies and light weigth to man handle with ease and to try to fitt under the keel when the boat transport guys decided to get the boats as low as poss and give me and inch to sqeeeze a lifting strop under  ......."great "    just the way i like it ....................

post-24077-0-14128000-1395643285_thumb.j

post-24077-0-49670300-1395643534_thumb.j

post-24077-0-51216700-1395643784_thumb.j

post-24077-0-56154500-1395644083_thumb.j

more works etc .....................

first pic time to lift and set this one down lower to ease install of cabin side and roof beams etc 

complete rebuild of a classic broad fwd drive woodie .......

now time to build a clasicc ford marine lump needs clean and set up on stand to get started ,love these .....

all new part in side ,block was ceased but after many hrs got it free from being under water 

what a gem 68 yrs old lady  in for tidy up little repair will make it shine a pleasure to work on 

thames built and been her on broads fro a while now 

more rubbing strake rottern to doo never ending ....................

fixed with all steel bolts and screws ohh dear ,...............................

lift day today for some ole sick boat from resting places to come to new hum at our place ...........................

hope all goes well ................................ better get going and get on .............

post-24077-0-59224900-1395728722_thumb.j

post-24077-0-74488000-1395728895_thumb.j

post-24077-0-56455100-1395729105_thumb.j

post-24077-0-86066300-1395729538_thumb.j

• Like 2

if any one want tolard haw too type luk ma then e,m wallin to tarch .........!!!!!!!

more bad typos and fun on its way when ive got tum yar knaw....................

haw yer gittinn ornn.........................................

i hope me wobbly pics are a bit better naw tooo..................................

• Like 2

we the day went to tip top ole good ole day ............................not.................

run run round like an idiot and got no where 

plan a collect two rescue boats both woodies and wafis .......

not a vee 8 or racing two stroke in sight .................!!!!!!

squeeze in to garden lift and ole lady from her resting place and load on to lorry with care and ease 

all good no worries nice easy quick clean job ..................

take back to yard unload and orf to next boat ........................

arive at new secret location of next rescue boat ..................turn loory round to set up lift and "bang " opps what was that quick look under and steering box broken ...................ohhdear ......................

never mind  collect next time .............................then will be third attempt to collect this one ...........

i,m going to get it ........................i will............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-24077-0-57702800-1395817992_thumb.j

post-24077-0-43755200-1395818165_thumb.j

this little four stroke was stood for yrs and also was for sale i advised several to buy the boat cause of its lows hrs and we fitted it when new so know how little it was used ......................

boat was sold to trade for give away price ,engine cleaned, serviced checked and test run all ok .................

few days later one of many customer s came to see  said boat, when saw it said it s not the same one ........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...i should of bougth that..................

ohhhhhhhh ummmmmmmmmmm........................................................

woodie rebuild looking alittle more complete .....well done matt

deck beams and  carlin going in on the queen 

all bulk head repairs done ,decks are fitted with new beams now in oak and mahog yer knaw ......................

new deck skin next ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yippeee................

boat that was sold last week, went to sunnier climes for new life of hard work ...................we waved her good buy ......

life of towing and pushing ..welll she was a work boat ...................!!!!

post-24077-0-46127000-1395899440_thumb.j

post-24077-0-14741600-1395899866_thumb.j

post-24077-0-22194800-1395900113_thumb.j

• Like 2

naw than this ole little gem had a dirty start this week .............................

"well blast me " he said as i lifted it ............................

slow she was too with a tonne  orf muscles on the bottom too and all that calcium deposits too she was a heavy ole girl tooo

been stood a while ....just a bit................!!!!!!!

with ablast of the garden hose and some cilit bang it was all done in the same time thay build them cars on that ole discovary stuff i love and watch ......

one whoosh and its gone and me and edd are orf dun the rudd again with the camera crewe in tow .....!!!!!

once i did my bit the owner wipped her bum and applied some blue stuff....................

post-24077-0-00994400-1396166991_thumb.j

post-24077-0-88029200-1396167109_thumb.j

• Like 1