a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

not a lot too get into today , lots orf little jobs

bit orf welding .........

bit orf sweeping ........

bit orf fixing sick ole sanders and power tools

remove windows on a plastic .......

to aid the ole paint works .....

bit orf office works ........grrrrrrrrrr....

lots orf discussion re new fit out orf a woodie with new top

more coffee.......

windows long ,short round ,square oval etc etc .......??????

well see when the owner come tomorrow,.........

more coffee

few phun calls and meet with me ole mate boat safety man quick slip ole tener in his cuppa and nudge and wink ...!!!!!!

shhhhhhhhhh..............

no traffic on water and wind died rite dun ......

no rain all day ..never I must be dreaming ...

barometer thinghy on heading to change, over 1000 mb s whaoo

are we in for ole ice from the yanks ????

still lifting boots and some which o forgot too..oopsss...

lots to do and still a month behind whar I want to be

ant body want a job rubbish pay and wet everyday .......????

must get on ................

ohh and a little orf the ole blog thing too .....

• Like 2

rebuild ole water pump for me ol fav bmc 1.5 customer wants the part to look the part so paint orf strip it and make look new as per original item

polish and lacquer it too .........

spent some orf morning with owner orf rebuild weooden brods cruiser and to decide on new roof lay out and window design etc

meet a great ole bloke who with great regret is to let go orf his own pride and joy orf 30 trs or more to hand over to new woodie owner !!!!!!!!soon will expose this one once all concerned ...

oppps sorry had to rush hum for family emergencies ...................

no cook at hum ..................

nar back on it ................

big ole boot that is soon to have new owner and hum willl be exposed sooon

more new staff in today and doing ok too so for a while till o shout and ball at them orf my land ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

plastic in shed number one is coming along tooo with test paint doine to asure orf good ole finish and no propbs as per the norm ,the person driving the sander is doing agrand job

we are also in process orf painting stage two  orf a big ole powls with adark blue hull to shine i hope ......onlt trouble is it will show all dents up amd marks in poor ole mouldings tooo.....

mr matt is doing agood ole job orf rebuild orf the woodie ..carry on sir ....

lots orf steel knakered stuff in ole plastic to pull out  dam steel ole screws and rubbish bolts .....................

now the rottern rubber are orf make way for new hard wood ones .............

hope to see this one gleam like a new pennny too ............

meet me ole mate who use to own poor ole princess orf light  and we had a quick remiss and i showed him the ole queen as she is in pieces at mo .................

the ex hippperosn is coming along a treat tooo welll dun to the owner she look loverly ,with new transom and large repair to cabin sides and new wood burner fitted too she be a pleaure to own and stay on .......

and she got some insulation too..................

ehhhhh...................mr boat builder man is that ole cheap ply from b and q going to be ok ......?????????

this is a pattern for some idea for style and shape s orf new cabin top on a ole woodie

she has had full hull repair loads orf new planks and top bottom ,all sealed with epoxy and sealed with me ole mate pukka selaer and a coat or two pack to make a start for goood base to paint

all new teak laid decks made from very ole imported teak from india

inside is bald and will need complete fiitt out too

new engine for ole girl too

post-24077-0-33511200-1389343751_thumb.j

post-24077-0-62550600-1389344036_thumb.j

harraaa.........orf my yard I was today at last a ride dun the rud .....

spent hrs muckin out back orf ole rust bucket van to see the crap stored for future restos etc ......

nar then the van is clear ..sort orf and tools and pumps, oils and impellars etc etc back in to start work away today

so orf to fix ole jobs up ......

not quite to plan .....

ran out orf light today and spent to much time driving and ans phun and tex etc all for the ole buisneess yer know and I do pull over to side orf rud too.....

so one van two men and lots orf bit too still not dun on time so back out tomorrow inbetween meeting with sev customer one for engine change and other for elec probs and refurb works etc etc.........

sold a boot today soo boat sale s not as dead as one thinks

yippee every one happy too.............now sell another or more or so .......

in on time tomorrow to accept a plastic from nieghbors with new owners and keep them ole fuss worry guts orf me ole back ...!!!!!

orf hum now to cook again ....

what with office waller,tea waller and boatyard waller today not dun too bad I reckon.......

got back sorted message out and emails too, so deserve early nite but once sat at hum only to be told by numpties teenage son ,dad take me to party with girls ........

umphhhhhhhhh..back orf in the car .ohh yes the car .

what a joy to drive out orf feul ,no water in washer and full orf kid and wife rubbish ....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

musn,t grumble ..............

dad , office waller , toilet cleaner ,cook ,boat yard man and now turning into victor meldrew..............

• Like 4

ahh thank yer, ankle black and blue in paces it shud be ....................

thank young jon ...........................

i love the ole sympathy but don,t ,won,t dish it oot me self .....

corr blimmmey what a day today .................................

during the nite an now ex empolyee decided to take a vechile in a drunken stupper for a ride up and dun me lawn round back and turn it into some kind of midnite ploughing competetion i was,nt aware we were doing one this early and also using my own 4x4 ploughing machine ......................!!!!!!

after he decided to show his face i showed him the gate .....................i kept very calm too.................

any one want a job were yer get shouted at by me all the time must be able to have good basic marine back ground knowledge orf boat and not be a numtie nar a bull shxxxx as i,m the main one on my yard ....

fitt healthy and can run if i loose me top ready to run fast ...........................

apply with in ...................................

if yer listen myer might larn sum thang............i,m am the worlds worst teacher and hyper-greet too

pay rubbish work all wheathers and be prepared to be worn down mentallly .......

easy ..................................

back to yard, no show orf me new ole plastic with happy owners as not quite ready yet so will seee next weekend

loads orf people in today from far and wide ................................. 

quick ride out to see if boat fixed was ok and all was well as out on river ...............

The perils of the devils fuel,, Alcohol eh!!! Oh well, you must have been fuming! Congrats on keeping your cool though John.

The wife and I hope to move to Norfolk in the next 2 years so if my stamina has returned and my knowledge and skills improved I might take you up on the bog washing job for shite money ;)

How hard can it be to tell which is the bog brush or the tooth brush?!?! 

Ah and as for being mentally worn down on the job, I'm for the most part there already so you wouldn't even have to worry about me having time off sick for mental illness.....,,,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,

Easy...................

• Like 2

dear mr muuzbaz,       thank yer for job application .................

you have all rite skilll...........

enthusiasm tooo, is good to seee

the mental illness means yuo will fitt in well.....

sadly i,m not qualified to teach the fine arts orf entering a bogg brush in all angles and in different fumming zones and climates too......

the boat yard stuff is easy .............................

good luck in your search for a bogg jobb.....

rite i,m orf to get sum alchohol dun me neck and see if i can plough the rest orf the yard up can,t make it anyworse........................

ohhh hummm..........................................

• Like 1

thank you lori bear for the toilet up date its great

yard work continues yer knaw and busy too .......

been on this ole beat today with some work needed too

the doo shun and wind stopped for an hour or two

its a barmy 10 . outside ...tee shirts are on full today

and lots orf slushing around with water and dirty ole inside ord dusty ole boots

more deck peeling on the queen orf light as pooor ole one finger wounded "al " is back on the job ....good ole boy ...!!!

matt is still trying to make sense orf a new wooden top a woodies resto in shud

had a loveyl visit from the missouress owners too say hello and all is well with craft ,which was good news .......

post-24077-0-09919400-1389709943_thumb.j

• Like 2

back with sum plastics today paint still being sanded in all the ole tight spots on the hamptons awkward places ,in the corners and all the radius that were,nt dun last time it was painted so ol paint do flake orff if it ain,t keyed yer know ......

she will be ready fro gloss soon as test areas have come up all trumps amd good and hard now so two pack away we goooo...

nar then I,m sure this one is being dun in yellow spots with red and and oranges orf flashing flames too..?????!!!!!!

may be got sum more staff from long ole break back tomoorow, at last ..........more crap jobs lined up for him ....

on way orf yard just quick check ole boot in slip make sure heaters are on full gobble up electric mode to dry floors and stuff out so we can lift them up as so wet they have swelled in all the rung ways ........

still trying to make sense orf mess on ole 37 footer plastic in other shed as the hull look like its still been in "Iraqi" and used as target practice .......

this one is a long ole job over due too.......

just a quick view in opic orf chose orf tool today heatrs ,driers nad wood preserver too and sprayers too ..........

will now spend most eves on this one befor hum time as dark approaches to keep her ,treated and dry then ole insides ooot .....

post-24077-0-55269900-1389720955_thumb.j

post-24077-0-01417000-1389720998_thumb.j

the secrete is out ........................

happy to announce the arrival orf the "picken jack "

a superb wooden broads cruiser from the 1920s ..............

from the brook stable at lowestoft a fine boot she is too

i have started to do a little rite up orf her resto on the project section but will also comment on works on her too on my little ole waffling on here too....

we are all well chuffed to have her with us ...................

i,m been biting me tongue for ages now about this ...............

took some doing ................................!!!!!!

what a star "mr b " is he is a gent .................................

tht give the boys and girls here sum thing to do .......

• Like 2

well it the week end ................ish

tractor started today and were orf .....

lifting and moving boots around as some are in the way orf other ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

boys and girls are all busy in shuds too

all boats progress well with paint going on and rottern wood oot new bulkheads in and decks all laid on new rebuild ...

paint is all two pack this week ....

so nice and shining not bad for base coats long way orf the gloss up stage yet .....

still keeps raining barrrometer wont goo past dam rain ..grr

todays reading is " rain " and 900mb s

launch narrow boot with new anodes and repairs at last

some viewings on boots for sale and good interest too..

sun out now and lunch finished so must get on ...

ahhh some pic orf what happening etc

more blue on and the hull is starting to look a little better......

blue blue blue .........

it does show all the dents and more so on an old rough hull like this ...

narrow boot in .....................

still more dummy patterns in ole woodie rebuild bulkheads and roof plans etc

rubbing strakes orf the ole plastic in the bin .....

spent last few days with " mr jc" he owns several boot too and love them all

makin his ole boot look nice, warm inside with its wood interior and panel planks and solid oak work tops in galley she is lookin nice now ....

rebuild ole water pump keep them happy .......

lots to do ......

up early this morn since 5.30 and a beautifull start it was too so silent and still just me and ziggs ......

post-24077-0-16290700-1390029518_thumb.j

post-24077-0-84623200-1390029674_thumb.j

post-24077-0-72278400-1390030090_thumb.j

post-24077-0-02016700-1390030381_thumb.j

post-24077-0-68122900-1390030534_thumb.j

• Like 1

as I,m no whaether man and did clam to be ...

I dropped a clanger in two reports back on the ole barometer thing ........

I stated it read 900mb opps should orf been 980mb ......

did any one see that ....????

headin up to change today ..well I can but hope .....

meet a few today .............and do sum work too....

in my humble opinion i find any dark colour will show all indiscretions /blemishes and lows etc

maroon to dark blue ........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

its a sod to paint and keep it rite ............

look how many local hardys have been either sprayed or polished til gel no more  amongst other too

maxuims sports boot with there maroon stripe and maroon hull s....

fade to ...........

all to do with pigments ligth fast and the ole sun burning into the colours ye know 

i love dark colours ...........................

ive seen a chocolate hull on a boot not more than 2yrs old local too not nice .......

in my own opinion of coarse...

well i,m orf to paint a black hull now ..........!!!!!!

in as per the norm today busy tooo..............

nice resonable start not like day befor at 5.30am

wanted to get in today and lay some more paint on a hull i,m doing as it being dun with the ole two pack as to give it a long time to crack orf so can catch up on some more paint works ie sanding and prep to get a better finish on it later in week.........

whilst i painted this one i got a bit carried away and with the lovely owners or the hippersons we decided to prep gloss and get a good gloss base on all over her hull too

and she did looook alrite too..........

spent weekend moving some more booot in and out orf the water too

shed turn round next got some more to fit in

sunday was a strange winters day with bright sun and quite all around .....

back hum early by mid after noon to spend time with wifee took cook a traditional roast withh all trimmings pigs in blankets proper veg and well seasoned chickens

enough left over to make nice soup for next day tooo ..............

might take to poison the staff on monday

blimmmey i can cook ...............and a grumpy ole man with big mouth too...!!!!!!

post-24077-0-73335000-1390169597_thumb.j

post-24077-0-78445300-1390169646_thumb.j

post-24077-0-16574900-1390169721_thumb.j

• Like 1

Very interesting to see work in progress on some of these fine wooden vessels Jon,

My curiosity of what lies beneath some things like a rubbing strake for example enables piece of 

mind when considering giving it a go oneself or leaving it to an ole Pro ;-p

So onwards with the Tails and pictorials I say!! 

• Like 1

waheeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.............

more paint on boot s today ...................

powles has had yet another rubb dun and ready for more dark blue paint grrrrrr..........

full set orf narfolk broads loggers .........................no shelby as he was busy but we did what we could ................

the tree hugging boys won the day ...............

i took the glory bit and got up high to trim the most dangerous bit ..........

so atleast i can claim the glory bit ......!!!!!!!!

quick check on the woodis in the slip for leaks and how the drieng season goes on ...

queen got bare decks now first stage complete ........................

more wood going into the woodie rebuild bulkheads and some frame works to set all inetrnals out to aid layout

had to become car valet man yesterday as once ole digger got level with a car its decided to split a hose orf ole hydraulic and spray the ole little motor in new design oil covering

new style orf camaflage for yard blending

all clean now, once quick to ask for yer keys and wash and wax........!!!!

chilly day frost light in morn .............no rain all day blimmey .....

retreive a 4x4 from ploughing competition use ....!!!, to use to move some little trailors booots to set in front orf shed so near and handy fro works new transom in one and fitt exchange engine and repair bad running four stroke x2 one wont tick over the other is fitt to run one 3 cylinders and has lost number four ............

got some sad news yesterday as one orf my fav ole woodies is to come for sale and she is a beuat too bargain to be had ..............

post-24077-0-72622700-1390290212_thumb.j

post-24077-0-59185300-1390290272_thumb.j

post-24077-0-46466700-1390290357_thumb.j

• Like 1

good ole hyro oil yer can,t beet it ..............................

doing some stuff today .................

raw water pump impellar change on nanni.........was sstart but the mainn seal had gonee too where o don,t know but i then removed the dam pump and will replace with a new seal once ive cleaned the shaft and polished to get a bit more life ooot orf the ole girl

queen still going ahaed with no decks on now and cabins side removed bit by bit

dam space heater packed up today new filter fitted and whaeey all good again .....

had the dogs running riot today tooo ......................

swimming lesson in puddles and slipway ....

got maddie inspecting snore hole s on boot befor we lift them ....!!!!

and train them to guard some ole boot s tooo

i even let my self varnish some ole wood too.......

post-24077-0-39364400-1390416304_thumb.j

post-24077-0-19727100-1390416440_thumb.j

post-24077-0-63589200-1390416499_thumb.j