a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

whule yer city folk are asleep and yer rich buggers are laying in beed waiting for yer posh ole boot to be fixed .....

i,m working .........................i only sleep 6hrs or so .............

hello to all who look at my waffles ...........................

i have left the boat scene and gone in to classic car restoration s ..................

here is a new moggi in the faamily

as i said when i got in doors last nite .........."look what i got "..................

well its a bit orf topic so i its new company car .........................!!!!

this car was at another boot yrd very famous one too.........with royall connections ...!!!!!

and now has a new custodian who will love her her and it makes me smile .......

thank yuo to the previous owners  yuo made my very streesful day a bright cheery ride hum with a smile 

no boat pics .....................i must be ill...............!!!!!!

post-24077-0-16443000-1397543008_thumb.j

• Like 2

we have sum folk from north orf thetford ,from the cold grey north to come to the sunny side orf the bruuds 

we have lifted there pride and joy and put in to one orf shuds to clean and spruce her up .....

its nice to see all the family in volved well done faliy from the north ...ehhh upp............

lift a long awaited return of a huge classic wroxham build woodie 

she was transported by our friends  beverly transport with there excellent man neal at the helm of his super clean truck 

most excellent boat movers we have dealt with for yrs 

another from the north to sunny wayford with blue sky welcome she was lifted with ease and respect too 

with a patient nervous owner looking on we left hung in the slings while i had me launch as if i sdon,t eat i goooo all wobbly ....

once stomach full i,lm orf to sey her dun on the land witha chock or two and some hull support she was put in place and squeezed into place so the new owner can can finish her resto .................well done paul a gem 

post-24077-0-57024200-1397543300_thumb.j

post-24077-0-05011100-1397543699_thumb.j

post-24077-0-30206800-1397543916_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi Jon,

With your love of woodies I thought you have gone for a Moggi Traveller. :naughty:

The Moggi does look good from a distance, what are the bottom of the door like?
Your 1969 registered model is fairly late, I think they stopped production in the early 70's.

I never had one of these but members of the family have had their fair share and I spent more of my time underneath brazing the box sections. I still love the distinctive sound of the engine.

Regards

Alan

....... I still love the distinctive sound of the engine......

All I can remember is the "distinctive" raspberry sound from the exhaust on the overun at about 35mph. :)

Bl**dy Morris Minors.....  

I owned two myself, and also drove a GPO Telephones Morris Minor van.

I learnt to drive in the late 60's with a 1961 two door saloon that I bought for £90. 

It had the old taper ring synchromesh, so that was shot on all but top gear. You therefore had to double-declutch (when changing up or down) into 2nd and 3rd.

The driving test examiner noticed all of my Reginald Dixon "heel & toeing" on the pedals, and asked what I was doing !  He did pass me though.... :)

About 4 cars "later" I had a 1964 Traveller, with all the ash wood. It came up quite nice after painstakingly scraping off the old varnish with a cabinet scraper and revarnishing. It was my first discovery of the use of Oxalic acid to remove the "bruised banana" stains.

One enduring memory of the novel mechanicals of Minors is the brake master cyinder, inside one of those floor box sections. A devil of a job to replace, the bolts were blinded by the torsion bar running alongside.

The  van was brand new when I was issued with it, in 1972,  the GPO could still get them after general production ceased. It's funny seeing them now at historic vehicle events, having run one in from delivery mileage....

ahh god pole moggie s love them all.........................

now back to yard stuff....................

busy busy as always ........................

another haMPTON TO DO ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........

pile them up cars and boots ..tooooooo.............

ahh aride dun the river inn a classic broom with the wifeee

a smart ocean 30....toooo

post-24077-0-43203700-1397682016_thumb.j

post-24077-0-21896900-1397682219_thumb.j

post-24077-0-73076900-1397682375_thumb.j

naw orf toi humm cus i,m tied and worn oot yer naw ........................

a boot boy a enginnneerr too and tourist in fromation officeir too

dyke dibbler ,sailer ,intsructier and mnetla ole boys that .s ........me 

we have sum folk from north orf thetford ,from the cold grey north to come to the sunny side orf the bruuds 

we have lifted there pride and joy and put in to one orf shuds to clean and spruce her up .....

its nice to see all the family in volved well done faliy from the north ...ehhh upp............

lift a long awaited return of a huge classic wroxham build woodie 

she was transported by our friends  beverly transport with there excellent man neal at the helm of his super clean truck 

most excellent boat movers we have dealt with for yrs 

another from the north to sunny wayford with blue sky welcome she was lifted with ease and respect too 

with a patient nervous owner looking on we left hung in the slings while i had me launch as if i sdon,t eat i goooo all wobbly ....

once stomach full i,lm orf to sey her dun on the land witha chock or two and some hull support she was put in place and squeezed into place so the new owner can can finish her resto .................well done paul a gem 

Well Well,,, I do believe that is E47 Supreme,,, She is a lovely woodie and I really hope she floats on the Broads once more,,,,

the woodie yer on abooot young muz baz is in deed from deepest north land with a great new owner to welcome her back to home towns.....

she will in deed need some attention and some new love but i,m sure the new owner will doo...

she was viewed by many befor sold and i think was bourgtht for a correct price and condition ......

• Like 1

well easter was a bit orf a blurr and plenty to do 

plenty sold tooo ..............

we are looking for boats to sell large or small too 

works for the break were nearly done with some delays and let downs too 

but loads of people on yard and cleaning and fixing frenzey witth all goin ahead

took sunday orf ..wellpart orf it went for a blustery sail on barton in a woods ole classic, got that ole water over the deck too........................not too efficient sailing but made the owner smile and his son looked on in a worry 

did a bit orf trunking around by rud to see the north side popular places and to visit me ole sisters yard and her superb wheery they look after ,whata stunner he does make her shine .....well done 

even bunked orf to too ops sorry "upp yarmoooff " for tea with a london  client to one orf his favorite eateries,and nioce too it was ...............with tumms ful bak hum to bed to get some zddddsssss cuz i,m soo tied and need me sleep ......

nice super clean ocean 30 going in ............................

whilst sailing back from barton i had the best entertainment from a hire boot this year ,as we watched the child with a captin dad stood behind  the wheel with lager in one hand and *** in other help cause the chaos of the zig zagg trip dunn the ant all way back to yard ,with several trees took out and head-ons with banks and reverses out  impaled boat from  into bank corrected, then back on coarse only to get to wayford and side swipe a yacht moored at my neighbours .....opss 

stand well back and watck ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh o larfffed ...........................hooooo hooooo..........

it was a classic ...............................

view from a from a classic woodie going dunn river back to us for some repair ......nice boot tooo.....

a pic orf "uoop yarmoooff"   witht he stars ooot ....!!!!! no no its the lights 

see i do support local bisnesess....

post-24077-0-90518200-1398063724_thumb.j

post-24077-0-45134900-1398063883_thumb.j

post-24077-0-70140900-1398064019_thumb.j

post-24077-0-61593800-1398064119_thumb.j

• Like 3

Tut tut Jon laffin at the afflicted tourists! I will be down in just ower a week so watch yersel you may BUMP intae me  :naughty:  Been lookin forward tae this holeiday fur munths. 

Will bring doon the odd depth charge or twa sorry cans foo oh irn bru DIET version so you have been warned keep aff ma bit of the river!

Eight days to go, canny wait! :party:

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

"whilst sailing back from barton i had the best entertainment from a hire boot this year ,as we watched the child with a captin dad stood behind  the wheel with lager in one hand and *** in other help cause the chaos of the zig zagg trip dunn the ant all way back to yard ,with several trees took out and head-ons with banks and reverses out  impaled boat from  into bank corrected, then back on coarse only to get to wayford and side swipe a yacht moored at my neighbours .....opss" 

Which is why we no longer cruise the Broads!

• Like 1

my comments are my own and not wish to offend anyone ....

mr sounding ,s

its a shame yer no longer a cruiser on these waters all water ways are full of little bits orf entertainment wheather on sea or inland ,no harm done and none intented...........

some times is worth a close eye on what some people do at the helm and its not always poor ole hires yer knaw ......

nice and quite today most gone hummm

and I,m orf to get some sleep .................

long week end and hrs orf work to do .....

Hirers or privateers they all have a part to play and one is no worse than the other, Jon. Since being on the Broads we have been hit many times, mostly up here in the North - it is always dodgy at Ludham and How Hill in my experience. There have been other rather unsavoury instances too so we have called it a day and will move elsewhere for our cruising.

Now, rag and sticking is different and you may well see me cracking a sail on Hickling :-) I really do feel there are too many boats around during peak season but there are places one can day sail and have a relaxing time. I still love Broadland and will never move away.

I cannot agree with you regarding too busy, yes in the early 80's it was like the M25 at times, its just some on the River Ant are not willing to stick at 4mph or less, sad I know, but nothing is going to change it there, till the BA book more for speeding !!

cheers Iain.

It is not my intention to get into a debate on this, Iain, as we have made our decision and that is that. It is always a personal thing and, yes, whilst it was worse in the 80s it is still not good now imo. Especially on the Ant and there are reasons for that.

Hickling is quiet though and I shall enjoy my rag and sticking which is what the broads are really about to me :-)

Soundings I respect what you are doing, done. I for one though will chug up the Ant next week, I know what you are saying, and it doesn't take rocket science what the problem can be at certain times of the day and night on the Ant.

I hope you have some wonderful sailing on Hickling Broad, a place I have had the pleasure of wakening up to in full view, staying at the Houseboats at Whisperring Reeds yard.

Who knows maybe I will be lucky enough to get through that bridge and wave to you as you tack.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

mean while back at the yard ....dunn dun deerrrrrr...

it the norm boat in and out stll two to fettle re paint works and got a nice ole boat in today for a new rudder and skeg job

some more boat arrive today too for slae as we are a bit short on them so need more as thet goo quick now yer naw .....

impellars in and out, carbs orf and antifouls to do

reset a part orf a slit keel on a classic and wash some more orf that ole bruds rubbish orf them bottom so folk can get some new foully stuff on

quick visit to my nearest neighbour to say hello and put the worlds to rite whilst admiring his little ole launch ..com eone peter put her in and have a goo.......

got dogs in today so they have a good run ruunnd to burn orf some energy and sleep well tonight ,they all have dun 1500 mts orf the slip so nice and wet for wiffy to take hum now .....

been takin pics orf a classic woodie today for sale and I do love this one with her twins and comfort inside for two she wil go to sea and cruise the brudds too with ease

nice boat from the 1940 in superb condition just need a little tlc to finish very sound boot and if I had the cash I would but my self ......don,t tell her in doors ..!!!!!

• Like 3