a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

lifted this one to do annul leg service and inspection for ins ..............................................etc

she had been in water for a while stood a bit .........................

i was surprised to see genreral condition of leg are good and plenty of protection still on legs and bottom of boat 

although there was yrs and yrs of old antifoul .........too much which was just flaking orff..................................

she has now a clean bottom ,as we gently cleaned her bottom with the washer and removed all calcuim and lime scale dirt and grim from top side of water line too

bit of elbow grease special cleaner s and some time made a tonne lighter away from over antifouling ........

legs off boat chocked up and ready to service leg drives and antifoul bottom and polish hull next

i,ve been growing these mushrooms can  i eat them or smoke them ...?????

the extension to the gypsy wagonn is coming along....................new steps and rails to fitt next all done inbetween showers ....

the floor will need more protection and some gripp too

al a bitt messy at mo but coming along 

rudd is in a complete mess............................................as the rain fell so much aluud orf rain in one day and nite as much as we normally get in a month blimmey .............................bring yer wellies 

wayfrod broad s again .......fire up the digger soon when dry and do it all again 

quick the cover was off and she look great still a little way to go but blimmey what a stunnner bourgth back from the dead .......

we have seen serveral of these old hippersons here and all left here in great condition off to new lifes 

the old dauntless thta came in is looking so much more like the yacht she use to be too ........we done crewe on that  one 

one orf the work shops is a bit messy need to attack that next     too many engines in rong place 

we dunn mr f ..............................................

post-24077-0-60129000-1413617289_thumb.j

post-24077-0-29851000-1413617623_thumb.j

post-24077-0-75436200-1413617815_thumb.j

post-24077-0-01129500-1413618077_thumb.j

post-24077-0-48590300-1413618322_thumb.j

post-24077-0-02409200-1413618501_thumb.j

• Like 4

ohh well more boat yrd stuff to do and report .....................................

boat come and gooo ..........................

we doo all types of works here ,..............................

fiest pic is of a nanni head which over the season has  been getting slowly worse 

poor ole girl is cracked ..........................new head or new engine up to customer ................its done loads of hrs too 

part of restyle office for international boat broker and some one to hide we are still working on this inbetween showers ..?????

new decking and all water proofed just need new supports and rails to fitt next ..................and some more super doopa camoflague paint aslong as it s green

note reflec special windows i can see out, yer can,t see in ......am i in or oooot ...??????? yer never know 

while working in boat shed last nite i listen to the quo specail on rad two ........how sad and old rocker am i ...????

turn up the volume and listen to the nieghbors moan ....................i say ...........

well either that or i bring the boys band dun into shed and have a practice 

talkingh of boys band they are very busy and got alod of gigs ...band talk ...............well dun boys 

one very proud dad too in last few weeks as the boy is fully mobile on completion of full licence well dunn lad ......

ski boat dun and now orf to sercret storage for winter ................................

remember we store small boats and all out boards in secure location away from yard 

free winter store of all outboard with full engine service ...............................

last note we have to report of a sad ole doooo....................................................

my old friend has past away after a long illlness............................

he will be sadly missed by all he was a star a character and an asset to the company 

god bless "ziggy ".....................................ziggy the yard goose.................RIP......................happy waddling old boy.....

still got laot orf engine works to doo 

next door we are flatt out on 1936 resto wood boat .....................................getting ready for new skin on rooof 

new tanks are in .............new decks dun .......................lots orf ole cloth and epoxies next ...........

post-24077-0-68824300-1414042089_thumb.j

post-24077-0-60118100-1414042289_thumb.j

post-24077-0-62118000-1414042632_thumb.j

post-24077-0-31997500-1414042814_thumb.j

post-24077-0-11257500-1414043002_thumb.j

post-24077-0-67874100-1414043485_thumb.j

• Like 3

and to top it all we had a sinker today to ooooo...................

I love boats .....................................!!!!!!!!!!!**********""""!!!!!???????

thank you for kind words ...................

jon............a very sad man ........................

Grrrr,, I come on line to read a whole backlog of tales about the yard and have a great time catching up, liking posts, looking at pictures etc and boom!!! Ziggy has passed away, ffs, I liked him A LOT,, I have videos of him attacking my jeans and fy fingers but in a way I think he was just greeting me,,, I am in fact gutted..

I have met Susie 'Quatro' and she is a clean little Queen that I hope will stick around, I'm sorry he's left us Jon, I really am,,

'uck! :-(

all ok now all up and running gain with astrong heart and one lung any good .....

nuff about the ol rat under office ......!!!!!!

sunny days 

warm eves ...

loverly sunset ...

last days oct ...........

nice like it .......

yard up and down .........

alot of boat arive this week or so 

sold one or two too ...........

new engine arive this week to fiit  nice and blue too ..!!!!!

stil waiting for the new boats too .........

rudd in mess again .what new.....

grass stil growing and mole still digging 

fish are abundant .......

deer sneak around at nite ......too

got visit from the yanks today .............

seen some old customers too .......

orf to see boy band play in ludham tonite good luck boys   classic rock .................

view in front floor with new water self cleaning floor .opps sinking .................

soon saved this one and up and out on land ..........shame lack of looking after 

always a lift and clean a pleasure 

off to look at boats to buy next will report on our finds in next waffle.........

post-24077-0-41105100-1414779658_thumb.j

post-24077-0-69631000-1414779819_thumb.j

post-24077-0-18245000-1414779998_thumb.j

• Like 2

ohhh dear ohhh dear ................................................

some silly sod decided it would be a good idea to come and meet me .....................

with no wellies ,no coat .................and no idea .............................

lovely couple which had the bore olle tarlk and quick tour of the largest boat scrap yard in broads .....!!!!

just becouae thar from fens and got the inbreeed in them as i do ,thay tink yer got a discount .....??!!!!!

nar orf my land .......................................!!!!!

nice to meet yuo both ................................hope we helped .............????

well yard was bit silly this last week or so.....................

trips to hostpital with nearest nad dearest in the meat cutting room of the local super doopa hossy.......

and a worry to it was .........................get well soon farther ........................

then a mad rush to yard and help and suppport a very dear friend ..............................

with the ambulance rushing to roung yard and trying to negotiate my wayford broad s we got thar in end 

my poor ole mate was rushed to hoosy in same place as me ole man with a human oil pump fault.i offer to oil change but the parmadic told me to sod orff..........................

well dun all staff on yard to guide the ambulance and support to carry the faulty oil pump man orf the boot and in to the meat wagon ..................................

good team effort and the faulty human oill pump mans wife  was very gratefull.....................

she had the dam bill yet ........................?????plus vat of coarse ........!!!

i,m glad to report he was fitted with some new parts that nite and awaiting a good flush and new filter after a run in period..............................

better get me sump pump and filter spanner ready ..........

boats are coming in now ............................for winter lift as the temp does drop 

we are going great gun with engine works at mo with lots of all sort in bits from troublesome outboards from 4 hp to 150hp to fix with strnage faults and a little head sratchin to find faults

to nice .or not so nice larger in boards playing up with head off and engines to replace for new unnns .....

sick tied ole lumpos out and new or recon s in .........................

broken engine mounts ,gear box fualts ..................always service outboards and in boards ......................

ohhh follow up from last post buying boats .......................none bourgth ohh dear well it was a day out ......................

shame some nice boats tooo ........bit orf mess but we could sort it out i,m sure ........

leg works to service too.........................................enfileds ,mercruiser and volvo.......all sorts ...................

also nice to see some ole friends from the star fleet ...........misouri star what a gem she is too well looked after ,wel dun steve and jacks ,..............................a credit to yuo both

boat sales ticking along and some new boat to come soon.......................................

with more rain and some more to come the yard is a bit of a wet thang,............................

wave good buy to a few customers for the winter this week so better wipe orf the lip stick ....!!!

fishing is ok ..................squirrel are busy in the treees around ..........................

do miss ole ziggy...........................no honk in the morn as i come on yard ................

water levels high again...............and dam wind do blow ...........grrr

been testing some new products to clean fibre glaas on boots sent to us from a posh man in the south.............report later

queen is busy and so is the other rebuild of a classic broads cruiser so boys are going great guns  

new roof beams ,new decks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

we have our friends from the nancey oldfield with us for next few weeks or so so diy shed is full of lots of great vuluteers and bods from the trust 

busy working on thar fleet to to make tham shine .........well dun team .......

took deliv of a boot this last week from trnasport with a hanging keel so a bit orf carful lifting to take orf lorry

but all dun now ......................

still polishing dam boots to make them shine ..........................and it look alot better from when it came in 

what with hossy and boots broken and strange stuff all in all a good ole time and the funny farm .......

post-24077-0-38770600-1415346672_thumb.j

post-24077-0-32242100-1415346839_thumb.j

post-24077-0-57302600-1415347056_thumb.j

post-24077-0-28438100-1415347233_thumb.j

post-24077-0-27385500-1415347431_thumb.j

post-24077-0-57268500-1415347590_thumb.j

post-24077-0-46171800-1415347750_thumb.j

post-24077-0-74400700-1415348129_thumb.j

• Like 6

Many thanks to Jon and Teresa and all the lads at the yard who rushed to help me in my hour of need . This is the second heart attack l've had .....and the most painful. Lyn tells me Jon rushed on board and took over ....calming the situation and dealing with the 999 phone call that was in progress. I can't remember much about it but am so grateful to Jon and his wife Teresa for looking after Lyn ........ and then drove her all the way to hospital to see me.......... How lucky we are to have friends like this. Once again many thanks Russell and Lyn .PS Barney says thanks for looking after him as well x

• Like 5

no need just here as and when ................

glad all good now .....................

well dun boys and girls at the yard ..............

thank you team ..........wms ltd

we do humans too ................and dogs .......

bill on way .................

marine engineer ,boat yard man .......heart surgeon .....paramedic ......

ohh me head is sooo big .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a pleasure to help ........................

• Like 5

just a quick look a twhat is happening at mo 

we are moving alot of boats this week to make room for the winter store boats 

the shed  is full just the way we like it ..................

what a brigth day today sun oot for long time ...........................nice 

managed to clean acid wash presure wash  and sort out a posh ole boot today now tucked up in shed 

new office still not dun yet but more paint on outside this week end .......

our recident pike man came at week end but failed to hook the big one gain it got way with a big ole tease to take line and run then stop........

digger is out to to flattern road  ready for tommorow ..........

playing with me tonka toy again ........................

more parts arive in posat today to able us to finish rebuild of a volvo engine and finished rebuild or an out board today ready for test run tomorrow to see all good ...............

so some engine work done aswell .........................

one boat builder down, due to pass the kiddie sickness round the school probs ..............ice cold bog paper in the freezer i fear .................!!!!!!

still trying to buy boats for the trade today from all over uk .................so busy on phone and emials 

had a quick chat with susie about poor ole ziggs and she said for the time bieing she will stay,.......good girl 

show customer his new pride and joy that was in shed after major clean up he was well chuffed and paid the bill too ............good ole boy .........................

got some happy news from a boat sales customer today so they were jumping around too 

so good news alround ..........................

had to pay roadie again at week end for a quick gig up the coast well dun the band "ashdown"   the boys did well nice set played 

good ole classic rock tunes from a young band ................................

more work on queen proceeding well ................................begin to look a  bit more like she did in the 1930s ...........

remember we are always looking for boats to buy ......................................give us a try 

didn,t work on sunday out or respect for the the day ......................we remember.......... i,m doing this job becuase orf all the efforts of the fallen during the wars ...............................we remember them ....................thank yuo ............

post-24077-0-85187500-1415648631_thumb.j

post-24077-0-75794800-1415648789_thumb.j

post-24077-0-80612100-1415648947_thumb.j

post-24077-0-47190500-1415649204_thumb.j

• Like 5

Well sod it its time for me....

so for a combination of work and play...

collect a craft for client

And trip for me and me mate Mr sander long

If fact wife said f's get him gone so u did

So off to north Norfolk to collect a boot in field and meet nice ole gall....

nice day sun low and some clear sky

As we pass the posh golf courses and drool over the tanks at milkleburgh. ...must keep going and go to destinations arrive. .....

So carry on too colect ole little be say

Quick stop at Morston and get sum muscles as im h I bit weak..

so cook them at hum

Nice ole drive up coast.

.and some quite time with me ole mate....

Thanks russle. ...

post-24077-0-21515100-1415913032_thumb.j

• Like 3

the rest of the post went a stray ...........................

im cooking and i can doi it 

the dog is next to usless when is comes to help 

cured a head fault on an ole little four stroke today ......

i love head gaskets jobs .....................give me more 

use to don them really quick on a turn round day ....................quite easy 

wine ,maussles and ride up the coast what a nice day ............................

• Like 6

blast and dam and !!!???XXXXXX>............grrrrrrrr.....

to the time wasters thank you, you make my day go better ...........

there have been several in last few weeks ........

and another moan the a hole s who think they can just moor up wiss in me field and help self to take a paid customer mooring spot up ....

look in complete shock while I explain in my bestest way with an ordeance from boat owners on yard why not just to piis in me bush, fish orf me land and general help yer self

reply was didn,t know it was private !!!!!!!!

di I walk runnd yer garden and wiss in yer roses ....now .............

orf my land .......!!!!!!

rite ....I,m orff

• Like 5

oh deep joy ..................

two bolts to undo ...........

not so simple I fear

built boat on top of floor ,ontop of no access  to prop tube back of cutlass housing

undo panel in bog ....

remove hot tank drain system ,remove tank

make a panel acess in fake bulkhead to gain acess to hopfully floor /bilge ,cut a new hole big enough to hopfully fit bit of body and arm to gain access to back of tube

no such luck .either i,m too fat, old and got short arm or the nice chap who built this boat of 5 yr old  thorgth "well not in my life time will need that "

..great can do reach top bolt and remove, but sadly not bottom ,with chin up against rear proper bulk heads and pushing hard with arm stretch out as much as so still no joy

and yes we did all the extension etc on to and stiff wire trick too etc etc etc

push bolt out from under side ,easy ........

renew .............simple  reseal ,new washer and lock orff...........

install simple top bolt, bottom bolt ..ohh dear

lets say a hole in bolt, a wire soldered to it, two people  and a bit of jigerry pokerey , swearing and yippes at last .only took best part of a day to sort ........................

stil lifting boat and clean them bums .........

go to tow three boats in this week for works to collect poor sick dogs so fire up the tow boat and were orf .............

nice very hard wearing proper winter cover going on a classic to wrap up

this is just the first fit ,to lay out the ole cover on the boot .it wil fit superb and be able to lift in sections as to man handle and also still cruise in depths of winter with access to port side and view from wheel house too all clever stuff yer know

very strong well built too ,last for yrs  these are made to last and are not  in the realms orf silly money to just ask we do all ......

all strapped made to fit not sag fully adjustable too

these cover we have made for yrs too and are superb .........

breath no sweating .........so good just come and see.................

some good news to cheer me ole misert gut self up ...............

at last look like the first new built 34 foot  boat to come to yard for sale is on its way at last .........more to come ..........we l I hope .???????

head work still to do this one is nearly ready to fit, been all cleaned and re set valves too

this old boats bum was a dirty ole girl and the water line set a bit too low too .............adjustment needed

roof beams going in to the new rebuild woody ,,come  on get on with it ..............

post-24077-0-16594800-1416382709_thumb.j

post-24077-0-79966100-1416383745_thumb.j

post-24077-0-46524100-1416383874_thumb.j

post-24077-0-22608800-1416383998_thumb.j

post-24077-0-09198500-1416384194_thumb.j

post-24077-0-80345000-1416384320_thumb.j

• Like 6

all cut from same planks done for speed ,strength and stuff all techincal etc 

cut from same planks to be able to rebuilt with a frame/glamps  to set the shape in 24 hrs  and all the same grain pattern too so look proper too .and they doo

well observed alan 

not dun by me but supa doppa matt the trainee boat man ......not a printer ...!!????? in joke sorry 

she is coming along nicely ......................

so is the queen of light with extra staff on it now .................

would yer adam and eve too ive got yet another cutlass bearing to doo too this week 

it don,t rian it pours too

been playing canopy repair man today too .water proof a large ole canvas one today  and got another to clean too for a little day boat ............................

yet naother one to put on the cv .......!!!!!!!

short ole day today with hum life a bit up and down so short time at yard ,feeling tied and old swollen knees

and bad eye sigth and lack or get up goo too .........................getting old is greast fun .............

• Like 6

A sad ole day

A toast to man who loved the waters of the UK

From a man in the north who came to the south

He came to conquer all waters from the fens to the canal network of the UK and even the Thames

and rest on the broads.......

he started some waterways causes to save some coarse s from middle level to the Driffield canal

with help to the broads and would show support to the little boat clubs of the ouse and nene too

Fromm middle level boat men club to the Dilham boat club too

a man with water and love of boats in his heart and views. ...

I thank him for my boat world and life....

god bless....my old farther of the river

R I p........Peter heward

my dear ole dad....

A sad day in deed

From all at the broads happy boating...

27 11 2014.......