Spring Meet, Salhouse Broad, Fri 9th - Mon12th May, 2014

Well, I'm already looking forwards to the next one!

There seemed to be rumours about parties being held in the aft cockpit of a certain boat on the eve of the do.

I cannot understand how such rumours started as I have only a scant memory of the incident. :)

• Like 1

A great weekend despite some rather changeable weather! We're just home now after our short break aboard San Moritz, but I'll try to get some photos uploaded soon.

Really good to meet some new faces and catch up with old friends. I must say the gazebo was a god send!!

• Like 1

Best chat up line of the meet.... come see my LED lights !!!! and why are my trouser bottoms wet ???? some strange goings on from the aft of a certain vessel that was suitably equipped with a selection of beverages.

It was indeed a very good meet! Here's a few pics I took whilst still sober....... Hic ice slicecheers

post-146-0-00247600-1399918698_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-81202200-1399918750_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-98206200-1399918808_thumb.jpg

Jonzo, Jimbo and Dan brought the NBN Marquee with them and what a marvellous thing it was on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

What an evening! And so many thanks to Mark and Sue for rescuing our brains on Sunday morning with those delectable bacon rolls!

Roll on the next! And where and when do you want it?

• Like 5

It seems I only took one pic at the meet. I guess there were far more important things to do (chat, eat, drink....!)

post-95-0-65414100-1399973140_thumb.jpg

There was someone else trying to get in on the act though..

post-95-0-43335600-1399973335_thumb.jpg

The weather was certainly a feature as well. This was Barton Broad, not the north sea!

post-95-0-68190400-1399973396_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-76836100-1399973387_thumb.jpg

And some of the showers looked quite impressive....from a distance!

post-95-0-29840600-1399973441_thumb.jpg

But the sun did make an appearance on occasion!

post-95-0-35980100-1399973479_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-61145200-1399973494_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-98714800-1399973506_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Sadly I was driving back up north on saturday,so no meet for me. Glad to see that fun was enjoyed by all.  Oh boy the weather on Friday was interesting to say the least lol. I sat in reverse gear on the Thurne outside HW yard while a hirer tried to get out through the bridge! Thunder and lightening adding to all that was going on. When it eventually got out I had to go through full pelt to keep way on the old bath tub through the bridge. 

Maybe next year will manage a few Diet Irn Brus with you all.

cheers Iain.

Hi to Littlesprite and all!  Nice to meet you all.  Had a great time despite feeling raf and not being able to drink like the rest of you!  Look forward to the next one-nearer to Beccles would be nice!! Regards Alan and Eve  :kiss  cheers

Billy has been busy collecting logs and tree branches ready for his next encounter with Treacle...... got enough now to build a log cabin !!!

Looking forward to the next one.

OK, I`ve downloaded them so here is some vital evidence.

Exibit 1,  Colin & Lou, along with Mark and Sue WERE caught on a hire boat for the weekend.

post-766-0-16671600-1401119836_thumb.jpg

Exibit 2,  Lou trying to divert suspicion by holding a bottle of beer, and a mug of tea. Come clean Lou, we know the beer was for you.

post-766-0-67942300-1401119950_thumb.jpg

Exibit 3,  Colin and Jimbo both caught on camera on seperate hire boats.

post-766-0-10975300-1401120015_thumb.jpg

Exibit 4,  Mark walking down the side of said hire boat in a threatening manner, telling me what he`d do if these photo`s ever reached the press.

post-766-0-12348700-1401120066_thumb.jpg

I ask all you fellow forumites, Guilty as charged of frequenting a lowly hire boat?.

Ram Rod and Shirly relxing in the sun.

post-766-0-50543900-1401120714_thumb.jpg

From L - R   Jonzo, Jimbo, (looking a bit shifty trying to hide in the boat)  and Dan

post-766-0-84786800-1401120761_thumb.jpg

John,  Colin & Lou (told you the beer was hers) and Mark.

post-766-0-05068400-1401120927_thumb.jpg

Mrs Sidestand, who very kindly made two thirsty travellers a nice cuppa. Thank you Mrs Sidestand.

post-766-0-23425500-1401120975_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

And finally, we were treated to a sail by by a couple of true Broads classics.  One of the wherry yachts, which one i could`nt see, and an immaculate ex (Herbert Woods Dan?) hire boat. Both boats looked immaculate in their white hulls and varnished uuperworks.

post-766-0-42675800-1401122300_thumb.jpgpost-766-0-47402500-1401122343_thumb.jpg

Speedtriple. Great pics. I always look that 'Happy' when I havn't ahad a drink! I also took quite a few photos which I intended posting but when I tried to upload them to the computer the card reader decided to wipe them all out-maybe next time!! Regards Alan

• Like 2

Hi to Littlesprite and all!  Nice to meet you all.  Had a great time despite feeling raf and not being able to drink like the rest of you!  Look forward to the next one-nearer to Beccles would be nice!! Regards Alan and Eve  :kiss  cheers

Well how about one AT Beccles in the late Summer/early Autumn? (By which I mean late Sept/early Oct).

We'd also probably see Lou, Sue, Col & Mark in their own boats!

• Like 3

Hi John. I would just have to work out the cost of diesel to get

there! Must be all of 20 yards away from my mooring. Be nice to

book a 'side on' mooring as ours is not a very social boat for stern on. Keep us informed! Regards Alan and Eve.

• Like 1

Keep us informed! Regards Alan and Eve.

Be nice to

I seem to recollect that Neil (SPEEDTRIPLE) offered to organise one! Although he did suggest Coldham Hall.

Perhaps even the WRC as I'm sure we could pre-book slots and meals by late September.

We really need a new topic on this.....

Hi all, I`d be happy to organise it, but am not sure yet when we can get Lightning. We swapped our summer week for the first week in October so if we did have a meet at the Coldham hal, we could be there saturday afternoon. However, due to Karens staff restrictions, her colleague at work has booked Monday 6th to Monday 13th October inclusive, meaning we can`t make the first half of October. I`m going to try to swap our week in October for a week late September, but that`s providing another Syndicate member is happy to do so. Even then, when we pick up Lightning, we`d have at least a 5 hour cruise from Brundall to Beccles, so would`nt get there till around 8pm when it`s dark. Although Lightning has nav lights, it`ll be our first trip on her, and would be a little concerned about manouvering and mooring in a tight space in the dark on our first day.

However, i do like the sound of Beccles, and would be happy to arrange it, though i`d need to ask advice from John (Hockam Admiral) and Jonzo, as i`ve never had to organise anything like this before.

I`l let you know if we can get Lightning for that week.

Regards to all ........................ Neil.

• Like 1